NEET Reservation Policy and Criteria, Know in Details

  • 18Oct,2019

    NEET allows reservation for every bright student who qualifies the entrance test to make him/her ability to study in well-reputed colleges in spite for the monetary hindrances. The reservation is for the Scheduled Tribe (SC), Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Tribe(ST), Economically Weaker Section(EWS)  and the Physically Handicapped/disabled (PwD) candidates. 

    After the entrance test, the students who have qualified the entrance test done by NEET will be invited to participate in the Counselling process where the admission will be done on the basis of NEET RESERVATION CRITERIA 2020. 

    The NEET RESERVATION 2020 is applicable to the 15% of seats on basis of ALL INDIA QUOTA. For the rest 85% of the seats each state has its own Reservation Criteria for NEET RESERVATION 2020. To allow the disadvantaged society to participate in equal platform NEET has allowed the reservation criteria to be followed by all Government and Deemed Institutions and other Private Institutions.

    NEET 2020 All India Quota 15% Seats Reservation Criteria

    15% All India Quota means admission to all the medical colleges of the country will be done through 15% of All India Quota and the rest 85% are through state quota.
    For example, if a medical college has a total of 100% seats, 15 admissions will be done through all India quota and rest 85 seats are filled by state quota.

    According to this, the Directorate General of Health Services on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee will conduct the counseling process for 15% of the seats offered in all Government Colleges all over India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir. 

    Know NEET Cutoff

    As per the new NEET Reservation 2020, the following table shows the distribution of seats across all reserved categories.

    Category% of Reservation
    15% of the 15% reservation 
    7.5% of the 15% reservation
    27% of the 15% reservation
    5% of the reservation
    10% of the 15%reservation

    Eligibility Criteria

    Economically Weaker Section(EWS):

    The economically weaker section has been recognized as a reservation eligible criteria to allow the society which is economically backward a fair chance to study in top medical colleges.

    But for this there are some rules to be followed to be eligible under this category of reservation, they are as follows:

    1- The family income of the candidate should be less than 800,000/- Rupees.

    2- The Residential flat (if any) should be less than 1000 sq.ft.

    3- The Residential Plot should be less than 100 sq yards recognized by the Municipal Authorities.

    4- The Residential plot should be less than 200 sq yards other than the Municipalities.

    5- The land assets should be less than 5 acres.

    Read Here, Preparation Tips To Crack Neet UG Exam In 1 Month
    NEET reservation 2020 (EWS) - List of colleges

    Reservation criteria for NEET 2020 at all India level will be applicable only in central education institutions/ central universities for whom the LoPs have been issued by the Board of Governors, Medical Council of India and will be applicable only for UR category candidates.

    1- Lady Harding Medical College, New Delhi

    2- University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi

    3- VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi

    4- Medical College of RML Hospital, New Delhi

    5- Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi

    PwD( Physically handicapped/ Disabled):

    Under the Rights of Persons with Disability Act 2016 the students with a benchmarked Physically disabled certificate can also have the right to the reservation under the criteria head Pwd.
    NEET 2020 insists that the candidates who are willing to use their PwD category of the reservation have to get their certificate issued by one of the following Disability Assessment Boards. 

      1- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029

      2- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400034

        3- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata - 20

          4- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai - 600003

          Reservation of 85% of State Quota Seats:

          The reservation criteria under the state quota seat reservation will be governed by the respective state governing policies for the reservation released by the counseling authority.

          Each state has its own reservation policies for its indigenous categories governed under the state. The counseling authority bodies of respective states will also have the counseling authority over the private medical and dental colleges who do not have NEET 2020 Reservation criteria.   

          Also read Here, 5 Things to Do Before Choosing Medicine as a career

          Reservation Criteria of NEET 2020- Deemed/Central Universities & ESIC colleges

          The Reservation criteria seats for tall the DEEMED/ CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES  and the ESIC colleges will be overseen by the Directorate General Of Health  Services. The same rules of NEET 2020 Reservation will be followed for the ESIC Colleges and THE CENTRAL and DEEMED UNIVERSITIES. 

          Only AFMC (ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE) Pune will be subjected to regulation under the Government of India, Ministry of Defence and Directorate General of  Armed Forces.

          To know which are the best books for NEET click here

          The reservation polices and criteria that are discussed above are made to encourage the educational desire of the reserved categories and the backward society . The policies are framed by NTA ( National Testing Agency). After going through the reservation criteria a student can get a brief knowledge about the eligibility of admission in different medical and dental colleges as per their reservation category.       

        © 2020 | | All Rights Reserved