JIPMER MBBS 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research MBBS|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry|
|Mode of exam||Online (CBT)|
|Duration of exam||180 mins|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Type of questions||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|No. of Seats||200|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Schedule:
|Online application form starting||March 6, 2020|
|End of submitting the application form||April 12, 2020|
|Admit card Availability||May 20 – June 2, 2020|
|Exam date||June 2, 2020 (Morning Shift – 10 am to 12.30 pm | Afternoon Shift - 3 pm to 5.30 pm)|
|Result Declaration and Merit Letter||On or before June 21, 2020|
|Counselling Starts||June 26 – June 28, 2020|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Admit Card:
How To Download JIPMER MBBS 2019 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the official website of JIPMER
- On the 'EXAMINATION' category find and click on 'JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020'
- Log in to the new window with the issued USER ID and PASSWORD
- Download the Hall ticket and take a print out for future use
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Syllabus:
The JIPMEr MBBS 2020 has 5 sections Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Logical Reasoning.
Atoms & Nuclei
Dual Matter of Nature Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
Current Electricity Electromagnetic Waves Electrostatics
Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Surface Chemistry
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acid Phenols & Ethers
- D & F Block Elements
- P Block Elements
- Halo Alkanes and Haloarenes Solutions
- Solid State
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds Isolation of Elements
- Cell Structure and Function Structural Organization in Plants and Animals
- Human Physiology Biotechnology
- Diversity in Living Organisms Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Warfare Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
- Reading comprehensions
- Fill in the blanks
- Coding and Decoding
- Figure Completion Test Substitution
- Blood Relationships
- Theme Detection
- The number and Alphabetical Series Quantitative
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Total numbers of questions||200|
JIPMER MBBS Mark Distribution:
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Cut Off:
|General Unreserved (UR / OCI / NRI)||50|
|General Unreserved (UR) OPH||45|
|ST / SC / OBC / OPH||40|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form:
How To Apply For JIPMER MBBS 2020 Online?
- Go to the official website of JIPMER MBBS 2020
- Under the Examination section, find & click on the 'JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020' link.
- Go to the link citing "Registration Form"
- Register on the website by providing all the required information
- After successful registration, the unique ID & password will be sent to the registered mobile no & email
- Log in to the website using the respective credentials and fill up the rest of the form
- After successful submission of the application form, download & take a print out of the confirmation page
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling:
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Result:
How To Check JIPMER MBBS 2020 Result Online?
- Go to the official website of JIPMER
- Under the 'EXAMINATION' link, click on "JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION"
- Go to the 'Download Result' section and log in to the website using your respective credentials
- Download the scorecard and take a print for future use
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key for JIPMER MBBS 2020 will be made available for the candidates soon after the commencement of the exam. The answer key will be released online on the official website. The candidates who have appeared the exam will be able to download the answer key by visiting the official website. The answer key will help the candidates to check their performance as per the official answer key and evaluate their scores.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Eligibility:
- The candidate must be 17 years of age on or before 31st Dec 2019 or Born on or before 1st January 2002
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with compulsory subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, English Language (Core or Elective) obtaining Aggregate Score Minimum 50%.
- For ST, SC, OBC and OPH Minimum Aggregate Score need to be 40% and for General OPH Category Minimum Aggregate Score is 45%.
- The candidate has to be an Indian Citizen or Non-Resident Indian.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 FAQs:
Q: I have taken PCM in +2, can I give the JIPMER MBBS exam?
A: No, you must take biology in +2 in order to give any medical entrance exam. Although mathematics is not mandatory for eligibility, biology is non-negotiable.
Q: How many times a year is JIPMER MBBS exam conducted?
A: JIPMER MBBS is conducted once every year in the month of June.
Q: When is the last date to apply for the JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam?
A: The last date to apply for JIPMER MBBS 2019 is April 12, 2019.
Q: How many branches of JIPMER are present in India?
A: JIPMER had only one branch in India which was present in Pudducherry. But from 2016, JIPMER has started another branch in Karaikal.
Q: What is the total number of seats in JIPMER?
A: The Pudducherry branch of JIPMER contains 150 seats and the Karaikal branch contains 50 seats. So the total seat of JIPMER is 200.
Q: Which subject has the maximum questions in JIPMER MBBS?
A: For JIPMER MBBS, the maximum question will be asked equally from physics, chemistry, and biology with 60 questions each.
Q: What is the marking scheme of JIPMER MBBS?
A: For each correct answer you are awarded 4 marks and for each incorrect answer you are deducted 1 mark. No addition or subtraction of mark will be done to unattempted questions.
Q: What is the cut-off for JIPMER MBBS 2019?
A: The cut-off for 2019 JIPMER MBBS exam is mentioned below:
- General category: 50
- Scheduled cast (SC): 40
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 40
- Other backward Classes (OBC): 40
Q: How many students appear JIPMER MBBS each year?
A: Every year around 1 - 1.5 lakh students appear for this exam. In 2019exam, 1,54,491 candidates appeared the JIPMER MBBS exam out of which 75,083 candidates cleared the exam.
Q: When is the final counseling date of JIPMER?
A: The final counseling date of JIPMER 2019 was September 19. As 2 general category seats were left vacant, JIPMER will conduct a final counseling procedure on September 26 for eligible students.
Q: Where can I download my JIPMER MBBS answer key?
A: You can download your answer after the exam is successfully conducted from "latest announcement" section the official site of JIPMER.
Q: What is the difficulty level of JIPMER exam?
A: JIPMER exam is actually one of the easiest exam in comparison to other medical entrances like NEET and AIIMS MBBS.
Q: Is there any dress code to adhere in order to give the JIPMER exam?
A: There is no particular dress code applied by the conducting body for appearing in the exam.
Q: What are the documents necessary to carry inside the examination hall?
A: The candidates must carry the following documents to the examination hall:
- Admit card
- Photo identity proof (Aadhar card, driving license, Voter ID card, etc.)
- Photocopy of the identity proof
Q: What are the best books to prepare from for JIPMER MBBS?
A: Below is mentioned a few books that will help you clear the JIPMER exam:
- Physics Part- I & II NCERT
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, Walker
- Objective Physics for NEET/AIIMS/JIPMER 2017 by MTG Editorial Board
- Ace Chemistry for NEET, Class 11,
- AIIMS/ JIPMER – Vol. 1 by Daljit Singh, Parmit Singh
- NCERT Chemistry
- Elementary Problems in OrganicChemistry for NEET/AIIMS by Shri Balaji Publications, M.S Chauhan
- NCERT Biology Textbook For Class – 11 And Class – 12
- Dinesh Objective Biology for NEET & OtherExams ( Volumes 1,2,3, ) by K.N Bhatia
- Objective Botany for AIPMT/AIIMS/JIPMER by M.T.G Editorial Board
- Guide to English Proficiency, Logic & Quantitative Reasoning for JIPMER with Past & Practice Papers by Disha Experts
- General Knowledge, Aptitude and Logical Thinking for AIIMS by Sunil Nain.
Q: Can I get admission with my NEET result?
A: No, NEET doesn’t applicable to JIPMER.