JIPMER MBBS 2020 FAQs:
Q: I have taken PCM in +2, can I give the JIPMER MBBS exam?
A: No, you must take biology in +2 in order to give any medical entrance exam. Although mathematics is not mandatory for eligibility, biology is non-negotiable.
Q: How many times a year is JIPMER MBBS exam conducted?
A: JIPMER MBBS is conducted once every year in the month of June.
Q: When is the last date to apply for the JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam?
A: The last date to apply for JIPMER MBBS 2019 is April 12, 2019.
Q: How many branches of JIPMER are present in India?
A: JIPMER had only one branch in India which was present in Pudducherry. But from 2016, JIPMER has started another branch in Karaikal.
Q: What is the total number of seats in JIPMER?
A: The Pudducherry branch of JIPMER contains 150 seats and the Karaikal branch contains 50 seats. So the total seat of JIPMER is 200.
Q: Which subject has the maximum questions in JIPMER MBBS?
A: For JIPMER MBBS, the maximum question will be asked equally from physics, chemistry, and biology with 60 questions each.
Q: What is the marking scheme of JIPMER MBBS?
A: For each correct answer you are awarded 4 marks and for each incorrect answer you are deducted 1 mark. No addition or subtraction of mark will be done to unattempted questions.
Q: What is the cut-off for JIPMER MBBS 2019?
A: The cut-off for 2019 JIPMER MBBS exam is mentioned below:
- General category: 50
- Scheduled cast (SC): 40
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 40
- Other backward Classes (OBC): 40
Q: How many students appear JIPMER MBBS each year?
A: Every year around 1 - 1.5 lakh students appear for this exam. In 2019exam, 1,54,491 candidates appeared the JIPMER MBBS exam out of which 75,083 candidates cleared the exam.
Q: When is the final counseling date of JIPMER?
A: The final counseling date of JIPMER 2019 was September 19. As 2 general category seats were left vacant, JIPMER will conduct a final counseling procedure on September 26 for eligible students.
Q: Where can I download my JIPMER MBBS answer key?
A: You can download your answer after the exam is successfully conducted from "latest announcement" section the official site of JIPMER.
Q: What is the difficulty level of JIPMER exam?
A: JIPMER exam is actually one of the easiest exam in comparison to other medical entrances like NEET and AIIMS MBBS.
Q: Is there any dress code to adhere in order to give the JIPMER exam?
A: There is no particular dress code applied by the conducting body for appearing in the exam.
Q: What are the documents necessary to carry inside the examination hall?
A: The candidates must carry the following documents to the examination hall:
- Admit card
- Photo identity proof (Aadhar card, driving license, Voter ID card, etc.)
- Photocopy of the identity proof
Q: What are the best books to prepare from for JIPMER MBBS?
A: Below is mentioned a few books that will help you clear the JIPMER exam:
- Physics Part- I & II NCERT
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, Walker
- Objective Physics for NEET/AIIMS/JIPMER 2017 by MTG Editorial Board
- Ace Chemistry for NEET, Class 11,
- AIIMS/ JIPMER – Vol. 1 by Daljit Singh, Parmit Singh
- NCERT Chemistry
- Elementary Problems in OrganicChemistry for NEET/AIIMS by Shri Balaji Publications, M.S Chauhan
- NCERT Biology Textbook For Class – 11 And Class – 12
- Dinesh Objective Biology for NEET & OtherExams ( Volumes 1,2,3, ) by K.N Bhatia
- Objective Botany for AIPMT/AIIMS/JIPMER by M.T.G Editorial Board
- Guide to English Proficiency, Logic & Quantitative Reasoning for JIPMER with Past & Practice Papers by Disha Experts
- General Knowledge, Aptitude and Logical Thinking for AIIMS by Sunil Nain.
Q: Can I get admission with my NEET result?
A: No, NEET doesn’t applicable to JIPMER.