B.Sc. in Interior Design or Bachelor of Science of Interior Design (BSID) is a degree of Fashion and Interior Design. Students who have an artistic mindset and an interest in interior design also opt for this course. B.Sc Interior Design provides a Bachelor in Science degree in Interior Design (B.Sc) to specialise in interior design. Interior designers also choose to work together as a team in architects, contractors, technicians and craftsmen, so the programme is structured to cover any aspect possible to achieve success in the profession.
Read more: Give Wings To Your Creativity With Designing Careers
B.Sc Interior Designing is performed over a period of three years, generally in daily mode. It is a course that aims to educate students about the principles of arranging, preparing, constructing and maintaining a room in conjunction with its purpose. They have a strong understanding of how well-structured and apt interior design should work. The curriculum also provides extensive research on the design features and principles.
Eligibility criteria for B.Sc in Interior design
- Applicants must verify the qualifications requirements for B.Sc Interior Design before applying.
- The applicant should complete his/ her higher secondary education from the institute associated with an approved state or local board of education
- It is necessary for the student to have earned passing marks in all subjects
- The cumulative score of the applicant in the class 12 exams of the board should be at least 45 per cent or 50 per cent
- It is mandatory to have subjects like mathematics and physics in higher secondary education
- Along with this, the candidate shall pass the entrance exam conducted for interior designing
Entrance Exams for B.Sc Interior Design
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam (NIFT Entrance Exam)
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)
- Pearl Academy Entrance Examination
- National Institute of Design Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT)
- Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
- National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA)
- School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Entrance Exam
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification Exam (NCIDQ)
Jobs in the field of Interior design
The interior design is the process for the use of wall colours, chairs, drapes and accent pieces. Many interior designers worked for major architecture companies at the outset of their careers. Later, though, those practitioners prefer to branch out and become pioneers of their own. The following are some famous companies that employ interior designers
- India's Architecture
- Corporate Interiors through Teamwork
- Map of India
- The Carigars
- The Grid is
The remuneration given to interior designers varies based on their background and the business in which they work. But interior design graduates should expect to earn between Rs 93,000 and Rs 5.9 lakh per year. After having acquired around 10 years of experience, people in this career can expect to earn about Rs 12 lakhs per year.
Read also: Interior Designing Courses in India