The Teerthanker Mahaveer University has been established by an ‘Act’ (No. 30) of 2008 of the Government of Uttar Pradesh and is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) vide letter No. F. 9-31/2008(CPP-1) dated October 2008. The University stands committed to the ideals of Lord Mahaveer – Right Philosophy, Right Knowledge, and Right Conduct – in all the spheres of activity and aspires to be recognized as the ultimate destination for world class education. The University provides a unique environment for students to grow under the guidance of experienced academicians. The highly committed team facilitates all round development of students to help them acquire the ability of lifelong learning and to make them competent professionals as well as good human being.
The placements are really good over here. Many companies like Maruti Suzuki, Tech Mahindra and many more come in campus for recruitment. The best part of this college is that they try that all students get placed. Most important thing is that college arranges group discussion, personal interview practice before the recruitment drive.
- Most of student got placed in 2019. One of them got placed in VOLVO for a package of Rs.7,20,000 per annum.
The infrastructure at TMU was quite awesome. It looks that you have come to a 5-star hotel when you visit campus for the first time. There is a total of 144 acres of area in which TMU is made on. The hostels at TMU are a home away from home. The onus of developing the student academically, strengthening their culture, taking care of their physical fitness, all lie on this vital micro structure of the University. Life in TMU hostel is a stepping stone to further independence, an essential right for many, enabling them to reach out to their destiny. The University houses five hostels in its campus- 2 for boys and 3 for girls with a capacity to accommodate 4600 students.The hostel rooms are spacious, clean, and well maintained with attached bathrooms. The rooms are available on single occupancy basis as well as on sharing basis. To help the young minds focus on their studies, each room is furnished with beds, wardrobes, study tables, chairs and air-cooler. Solar heaters have been installed in all the hostels to supply hot water conserving electricity. Water purifiers and water coolers are installed to provide potable water. Round the clock power back-up helps students to study without interruption.Air-conditioned rooms are also available to meet specific requirement of the students. Each hostel has a visitor’s room, a spacious well lit common room with a large screen television and comfortable seating arrangement, recreational facilities, equipments for indoor games, newspapers and magazines, Wi-Fi connectivity and a gymnasium. Laundry facility is available in-house with commercial washing machine and tumbler drier. Spacious dining rooms and modern kitchens ensure that students are served with nutritious food in a good ambiance.
- The multi-disciplinary University offers career oriented courses at all levels, i.e., UG, PG and Doctoral degrees across diverse streams, namely, Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Paramedical Sciences, Physiotherapy, Hospital Administration, Education, Physical Education, Engineering, Architecture, Polytechnic, Management, Law, Journalism, Fine Arts, Jain Studies, and Agriculture Science to meet rising aspirations of the youth.
The university provides more than 17 courses. Some of them are B.Tech in Computer Science, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, MBBS BDS B.Pharma.D. Pharma B.Sc. Polytechnic and many more. There is sufficient faculty for each and every course that no class is left without a faculty.
- Each year cultural fests are organized by every college at college level. And event named ROCKON is held every 3 year at university level where every college participates. Sports events are also held and many events are organized regularly.
Why TMU an Excellent Place for Engineering and Medical Science?
- 14000 students from all over India, as well as from countries like Bhutan, Nepal and Nigeria.
- 950 well qualified and experienced faculty.
- UGC approved 135 programs across 17 on-campus colleges and an independent department.
- Well stocked separate library for each college having more than 1,60,000 books.
- Access to 7455 research journals through EBSCO, DELNET database, Manupatra, Shodhganga, Clinical Key and Micromedex 2.0.
- Liberal scholarship schemes on merit-cum-means basis.
- 4 well-equipped language labs to encourage efficient soft skills.
- University has a tie up with Dale Carnegie for training the students in soft skills.
Read About, NEET UG,
Read, Moulding the future of engineering With 7 new trends
The University has been conferred with:
- The Best Private University of India award by Journalists Federation of India.
- “Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award” as Best Higher Education Institution by Pahchan – International Social Organization.
- CIDC Vishwakarma Award for outstanding contribution towards Mission Skilling India.
- CIDC Partner in Progress Trophy.
- College of Management (TMIMT) rated amongst top 5 B-Schools of North India by various professional bodies.
- Member of various professional bodies as well as of Association of Indian Universities and of QAI Global Institute Inc.
- Strong industry-university interface with collaborations with IL&FS – Skills, IBM, Microsoft IT Academy, i-Nurture, AutoCAD etc.
- Excellent placement track record with strong alumni connect.
Read, 8 Keys to crack Medical Entrance Exams at First Attempt
Also Read, Last Minute Tips for NEET Aspirants