All the Law students after completing the school education dream about getting into the desired college and the gateway of those best Law colleges comes through Law entrances like CLAT 2021 or LSAT 2021. CLAT and LSAT are the two most popular law entrance examinations in India. With the growing demand for law courses, aspirants seeking admission to top law institutions are appearing for a variety of law entrances to land in the top law schools.
It is obvious to think that both of the entrance tests land you in law colleges, and then what is the difference between them? This article will give you a brief idea about the difference between CLAT 2021 & LSAT 2021.
Difference between CLAT 2021 & LSAT 2021:
The major difference between CLAT and LSAT is the participating Universities and Colleges. By qualifying for CLAT 2021, students will get a chance for admission into the National Law Universities (NLUs), IP University, etc. Along with these said institutions, many law institutes are also accepting CLAT scorecards for admissions. On the other hand, LSAT offers admission at various private law universities in India.
The difference in the Pattern of CLAT, and LSAT:
|Conducting Body||The consortium of National Law Universities||Pearson VUE|
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)||2 hour 20 minutes (140 minutes)|
|Mode of Exam||offline mode||Online|
|Examination Fees||INR 4000 (INR 3500 for reserved category)||INR 3800 (INR 4250 with LSAT India Handbook)|
|Number of Questions||CLAT UG - 150 Questions
CLAT PG - 102 Questions
|92 to 100|
|Exam Sections||CLAT UG
|Number of Participating Institutes||22 NLUs + other private law colleges||80|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks deducted for each wrong attempt||Not Applicable|
Difficulty level and Level of Competition of LSAT and CLAT:
- If you consider the questions asked in CLAT, then you will find the difficulty level of CLAT is moderate. Moreover, there will be more questions to attempt in less time.
- The time constraint and negative marking system create difficulty for the CLAT aspirants.
- Similarly LSAT India question paper difficulty level is also high. But an advantage is given to the aspirants as it has no negative marking for any wrong attempt. So the students may go for a few guess works.
- Every year, more than 50,000 applicants fight for 2984 seats for the LLB course and around 600 LLM seats through CLAT. No doubt, there will be a really tough competition.
- Again as LSAT India is the key for a large number of law schools. Though there is also tough competition, still its number of applicants is less fierce.
Skills tested in LSAT India and CLAT
- Through the CLAT exam, an individual's analytical and critical skills through logical reasoning as well as his knowledge in the fields of general awareness, mathematics, and law are tested.
- On the other hand, LSAT India analyzes different skills of the student like reading and comprehension, organization and management of information, critical analysis, and evaluation of reasoning and arguments of others.