Doon Business School is counted among the top management institutes of India that is located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is otherwise known as DBS Dehradun or Dehradun Business School. The Institute is a well-known center for featuring a qualitative learning environment for management students. DBS Dehradun was ranked as the No 1 B-School of Uttarakhand by The Week Magazine in 2019. It was placed among the top 10 B-Schools of north-India by the All India Management Association (AIMA). Doon Business School has got the affiliation and approval from Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for representing a fine blend of technological and managerial skills.
Here are some key facts about Doon Business School Dehradun:
|Year of establishment||2007|
|Also Named as||DBS Dehradun, Dehradun Business School|
|Institute location||Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
|Campus size||72 Acre|
|Recognizing Body||AICTE, UGC|
|Affiliation||Uttarakhand Technical University|
|Number of courses offered||12 courses across 5 stream|
|Exams accepted||MAT/ CAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ GMAT|
|Placement Stats||- Highest salary: Rs 23.5 LPA
- Average salary: Rs 7.4 LPA
|Application mode||Both Online and Offline|
Admission Process 2021:
Doon Business School has five departments namely Management, Mass Communication, Commerce, Computer Applications, and Agriculture & Allied Sciences. The institute invites applications for undergraduate, integrated, and postgraduate courses. All the admission are done based on the marks scored in the All India Level Entrance Examination. There are also some courses that select candidates according to the marks secured in the qualifying examination. The final selection will be based on the interview conducted by the university.
The detailed eligibility criteria and the admission process are given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (BBA/B.Sc/BA (Hons)/BCA/B.Com):
- The candidates applying for UG courses must have passed the 10+2 level examination with English subjects from a recognized institution.
- The eligible candidates should register and fill an application form for admission. Then the shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal interview round (online/face to face).
- The final selection is done based on the performance in class 10th, 12th, and personal interviews.
For Integrated Courses:
- The aspirants should have passed a 10+2 level examination with English subjects from a recognized institute. The eligible candidates can fill a registration form and apply for the integrated courses offered by the Doon Business School.
- Then based on the marks secured in the last qualifying exams a list of shortlisted candidates will be prepared to attend the personal interview (online/face to face) round.
- Then the final selection list will be prepared based on the marks secured in the exam and interviews for the final admission.
For Postgraduate Course (MBA/MA/M.Sc/PGDM):
- The candidates who are interested in MBA should have a valid scorecard for the CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT exams.
- The eligible candidates need to register and fill the application form. Shortlisted candidates have to attend the group discussion followed by a personal interview (online/face to face). The final selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in the personal interview.
- For various PGDM programs, candidates should have a valid score card for CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT exams and apply for the same.
- The shortlisted candidates will need to appear for a personal interview (online/face to face) basing on which the final selection will be done.
- The selection of MA, M.Sc courses, will be done based on graduation score.
Courses & Fees:
|B.Sc||4 Years||Rs. 4.38 Lakhs|
|B.Com||3 Years||Rs. 3.23 Lakhs|
|BA||3 Years||Rs. 3.51 Lakhs|
|BBA||3 Years||Rs. 5.01 Lakhs|
|BBA & MBA Integrated||5 years||Rs. 8.95 Lakhs|
|BCA||3 Years||Rs. 2.50 Lakhs|
|M.Sc||2 Years||Rs. 2.15 Lakhs|
|MA||2 Years||Rs. 2.20 Lakhs|
|PGDM||2 Years||Rs. 6.80 Lakhs|
Eligibility For DBS Scholarship:
Doon Business School has scholarship schemes for both UG and PG students. 15% of the total seats in each program can avail the scholarship. The eligible candidates need to submit the scholarship application along with the admission registration form. All scholarships are served on First Come First Served Basis. But for the third semester, the scholarship is subjected to the academic performance of the student.
Here are some detailed criteria of the scholarships provided by Doon Business School.
MAT/ CMAT-based Scholarship Scheme:
|Percentile Required in MAT/ CMAT||Tuition Fee Concession Offered|
CAT/XAT-based Scholarship Scheme:
The table below will show the scholarship offered to the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT rank holders.
|Percentile Required in CAT/ XAT||Tuition Fee Concession Offered|
Some meritorious UG students are selected for the UG scholarship scheme based on the marks secured in Class 12th. More details can be checked through the table below:
|Percentage Required in Class 12||Tuition Fee Waiver Offered|
Doon Business School Placements Highlights:
Doon Business School Dehradun has reflected an impressive percentage of placements by placing undergraduate and postgraduate students in various reputed companies. The institute has a 100% placement record since its foundation.
The Career Development Cell of Doon Business School provides career counseling and career decision support to the students. It organizes special workshops to enhance the creativity and knowledge of the students preparing them for final selection.
Some of the major highlights of placement details of Doon Business School since past some years are given below:
|Highest salary (for past few years)||Rs 10.6 LPA (For MBA)
Rs 23.5 LPA (For PGDM)
|Average salary (for past few years)||Rs 6.69 LPA|
|Lowest salary (for past few years)||Rs 3 LPA|
|Domain with maximum offers||Marketing and Sales|
In the last three years, the total number of companies visiting this school has increased while the total number of students has seen fluctuating. Let’s have a look at the graph for more granular data:
In the 2020 academic year, a huge number of top recruiters participated in the campus drive of DBS. Some of the top recruiters who visited the institute are given below:
- Axis Bank
- Yes Bank
- IBM Global Services
- Yash Papers Ltd. SMC Global
- HDFC Bank
- IKYA Global Services
- Water Travel & Event Pvt. Ltd.
- Winning Edge Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Wipro Technologies
- XL Dynamics
- Varun Beverages Pvt. Ltd
- Reliance Money
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Rohan Motors
- RudrakshaTradecom P. Ltd.
- S.R. Associate & Finance
- Metlife Insurance
- Muthoot Fincorp
- Narmada Chemicals
- Nature Heights
- NexGen RX Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.