If you want to be successful in any form of entrance, a solid background in Mathematics is required. Mathematics forms the most vital part of the entrance exam. In fact, Mathematics is an indispensable part of the human race as well as everyday life. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics have equal importance in the JEE Main but Math takes an edge over the other two when the overall score of the two candidates is equal. In that case, the score in Math is taken into consideration to decide the fate of the candidate.
Mathematics is the king of science and regarded as the language of science which lays the foundation for Physics and Chemistry. Topics such as derivative and integration, differential and quadratic equations have huge application in Physics and Chemistry
The maths syllabus of the JEE Main is a perfect blend of easy and difficult topics. Topics like Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Circles & Straight lines and Co-ordinate Geometry are easy to score high in the exam. This is the era of multiple-choice questions which tests a student’s acquired knowledge and aptitude.
The gateway to success in entrance examinations depends on preparation but that should be done intelligently and innovatively. If you’re a JEE Main aspirant, your success depends on how you prepare prior to the exam. Math is the most scoring-friendly among the three subjects which are mostly based on calculations and formulae. We have listed a few tips which have been prepared after the thorough analysis of JEE Main syllabus. Go through the below-mentioned tips to score high in JEE Main Math:
1. Start preparation for the exam is always important. This will give you ample time to complete the entire course, revision, and practice and will keep you away from unnecessary pressure.
2. Be clear about the JEE Main Maths syllabus, question pattern, and the weight of those questions in the perspective of the exam.
3. Candidates should have an idea about exam duration and marking scheme.
4. You have to show your resilience in managing the board exam as well as JEE Main as far as preparation is concerned.
5. Manage your books, schedule, and time cleverly so that you derive the best out of it.
6. Make a time-table and fix specific hours for a particular subject that you can devote.
7. You need to stick to that timetable even if initially this schedule doesn’t work properly.
8. Find the right Math books and study materials so that it will be easier for the exam preparation.
9. NCERT books are always best for preparation. This is not only true for Math but also for Physics and Chemistry.
10. The best part of the NCERT books is that all-important topics have been written in simple and easily understandable language.
11. Besides that, there are other important books that are good for revision and practice. You can make some research work on Google; find the views of toppers in the net which books they had followed.
12. Mock tests are very important. If you practice them, that will give you a lot of confidence and make you familiar with the online mode.
13. Give stress on speed and accuracy. These two aspects have a lot to do with regular practice.
Read More Here: How to prepare Chemistry for JEE Main