The Indian hospitality and tourism industry has arisen as one of the main sectors influencing the growth of the Indian economy. Hospitality encompasses a vast variety of verticals, from lodging, pubs, markets, restaurants, amusement parks, airlines (including aviation), and cruise ships including visitor attractions. At the heart of the hospitality industry is the business of meeting customers and making them have a nice time.
That is why hospitality as a profession is in great demand in today’s world. There are individuals who have a good understanding of the market as well as the willingness of the employees to have excellent customer support. Hospitality professional understands how to make customers happy and excited to ensure that they stay loyal to a company and continue to do business with it.
Top career prospects in the field of hospitality
After one completes his/ her graduation in the field of hospitality, then there is a wide range of job openings all over India.
- Hotel and tourism association
- Club/ restaurant management
- Cruise ship hotel management
- Airline catering and cabin services
- Kitchen administration in hotels
- Front office management in hotel, resorts
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
Scopes in Hotel Management
In India, there are as many as 2.40 million employees employed in the restaurant, catering, and related sectors. This number is expected to rise only with the introduction of more and more eligible applicants joining the industry through training courses such as hospitality management. There are several new hotels to be set up in urban and semi-urban areas. Skilled hospitality management experts will have privilege over untrained candidates since hotels are not able to invest in the recruitment of employees and favor skilled ones.
Top colleges to study hospitality
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Pusa
- IHM Mumbai
- IHM Hyderabad
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal
- AIHMCT, Bengaluru
Entrance exams to get into the hospitality
- NCHM JEE
- UPSEE BHMCT (Uttar Pradesh)
- MAH CET HM (Maharashtra)
- WBJEE HM (West Bengal)
- AIMA UGAT
- PUTHAT (Punjab University)
- CUET (Christ University)
- IPU CET (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University)
Procedures to apply for hospitality management
An individual can apply for hospitality Management College either by filling in the online application of any particular college that you want to apply for or by taking the national/common entrance exam for the same. Many institutions are offering their own placement examinations for admissions to hospitality management courses.