Delhi/NCR encompasses the whole National Capital Area (NCR) including the nearby cities of Delhi – Gurugram, Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Faridabad, Sonepat and Delhi. BTech Colleges in Delhi/NCR deliver a high-performance education record. These colleges are offering full-time classes. The BTech programme is the path to a four-year career in engineering. Computer Science Engineering Specialization is the most likely to seek and provides bright opportunities for student progress.
The architecture of these colleges is lined with appealing premises and placement cells. Top engineering colleges in Delhi also have the most up-to-date and versatile curriculum that enables students to witness some first-hand contact with modern innovations in engineering and science and technology. Delhi Technology University, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology are some of the top engineering colleges in Delhi.
And some of the most popular B.Tech degrees are
- Computer science and Engineering
- Computer Engineering;
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing and automation engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Food Technology and Food Management
There are a total of approximately 310 engineering colleges in Delhi/NCR offering full-time, distance education and part-time training. Most of these colleges offer multi-degree specialisations and integrated programmes (5-year duration).
Some of the colleges offering dual specialization in computer science and technology are:
- Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi
- ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Noida
- Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, Delhi
- KIET Group of Institutions (KIET), Ghaziabad
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, Delhi
- JIIT, Noida
- IGDTUW, Delhi
- IIT Delhi
- IIIT Delhi
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research, Delhi
Eligibility criteria to take admission into the top engineering colleges
- The qualifying requirements for the BTech course may vary from college to college. However, the basic qualifying requirements for BTech are as follows. Applicants:
- Should have qualified Class 12 with a minimum of 60 per cent aggregate from a recognised board of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as required courses (pass percentage may vary in different colleges)
- Admission is based on merit, written review, group debate or individual interviews, which varies from college to college.
- Apart from merit-based entry, several high-ranking BTech institutions in Delhi/NCR also accept scores of regional and national entrance exams, including JEE Primary, IPU CET, JEE Advanced, etc for BTech admissions.
List of engineering colleges and their fee structures
|Amity University, Noida||9,20,000|
|KIET Group of Institutions (KIET), Ghaziabad||2,20,000|
|ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad||2,20,000|
|Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, Delhi||3,91,200|
Career opportunities in the field of engineering
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Computer Research Engineer
- Quality Engineer of Applications
- Computer and Multimedia Developer
- Database Administrator
- Web Developers
- Specialist in technical assistance
- Engineer of R&D Software
- Officer of Information Management
- Computer Engineers
- Computer Network Engineer
Placement and success of the largest engineering college in Delhi
High-level engineering colleges in Delhi are able to offer some outstanding results on an ongoing basis. IIT Delhi is leading the world as a whole when it comes to research and innovation and placement deals. Ranked in the top 200 global colleges in the QS World University Rankings, IIT Delhi saw 373 Indian and global companies visiting the campus with more than 1,000 careers and internship offers in 2018.
Read more: Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore