Management Aptitude Test popularly known as MAT is a national level entrance exam held for admission to MBA & allied programs of over 600 B-schools across India. This exam is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) 4 times every year i.e. the month of February, May, September, and December. MAT has been administered since 1988 and it was approved by Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD as a national level test in 2003. Every year lakhs of students appear this exam to pursue Management as a part of their career.
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline|
The candidates need to fulfil the minimum criteria set by the conducting authority to appear the exam.
Candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university
A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it
A professional degree like CA/ICWA/CS
There is no upper limit of age set by the conducting authority
Work experience is not mandatory
No of Attempts
There is no restriction for the total number of attempts for the exam
Note: There are no minimum marks set for the candidates to apply in the exam, however, every institution has set their own requirements and parameters for the selection of the candidates.
Read here: MAT 2020 Admit Card Details
Candidates who wish to apply for MAT 2020 can check the exam schedule.
|Registration ends||29 November 2020|
|Admit card availability||1 December 2020|
|Exam date||6 December 2020|
- The test duration of the MAT exam is 150 minutes for 200 questions.
- The exam consists of 5 sections.
- Sectional jump is possible as there is no sectional time limit.
- The level of difficulty remains easy to moderate.
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40|
|Indian & Global Environment||40|
1. Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and each wrong question is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark for every section. The MAT scorecard displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of raw scores.
2. Merit Score in MAT is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the MAT 2020 scorecard.
The conducting body does not release the syllabus officially on the website. The syllabus is prepared looking at the past year's exam trends.
Indian & Global Environment Section: Current affairs, World Records, Business, Top officials of big companies, Famous awards and Prizes, Books and Authors, The punch line of companies, History of International Organization, Important Quotations, Social issues, Geography, Sports, Finance, Major Corporate news, Science, Entertainment and Politics
Data Analysis and Sufficiency / Mathematical Skills: Geometry ( Angles, Lines, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cone, Cube, etc), Ratios and Proportion, Number system, Work and time, HCF & LCM, Algebra, Profit & Loss, In-equations, Quadratic and linear equations, Geometric Progression, Percentages, Averages, Partnership (Accounts), Time-Speed-Distance
Language Comprehension: Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Fill In the Blanks, Contextual usage, Analogies, Different usage of the same word, Antonyms, Sentence completion, Jumbled paragraphs, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence correction, Idioms, One-word substitution
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Family tree, Multi-dimensional arrangements, Strong Arguments, and Weak Arguments, Course of Action, Puzzles, Visual reasoning, Numeric grid, Pie Chart, Arrangement, Series, Blood, Relations, Critical Reasoning, Calendars, Coding & Decoding, Syllogisms, Statement Conclusions, Column graphs, Graphs representing Area
Indian and Global Environment: It's usually based on General Awareness about the Indian and Global Environment
The Application Form is released on the official website and interested candidates can apply for the entrance exam via online mode only. The candidates have to log in to the official website of MAT 2020 and apply.
The candidate should visit the official website and follow the steps mentioned for filling up the application form and make the necessary payment.
1. The candidates should have certain documents with them that are required while filling up the application form.
2. Image of scanned photograph( File Size should be greater than 40KB in jpg/jpeg format).
3. Image of scanned signature (File size should be greater than 10 KB in jpg/jpeg format).
4. Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/Paytm wallet details.
1. For Computer Based Test (CBT): INR 1550/-
2. For Both PBT & CBT: INR 2650/-
3. For Paper-Based Test (PBT): INR 1550/-
The result for every session of MAT is declared on the official website on the due date. After declaration, the candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the official website. The candidates should also know that the result will not be sent to them via any other medium.