NEST is a national level screening exam organized for admission into the five year integrated M.Sc program. With the help of this exam, candidates will be able to take admission into the different institutes of NISER, Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai. We have compiled a list of tips to prepare for NEST 2021.
NEST 2021 Preparation Tips
With the help of these exam tips, the students will be able to make them ready for the entrance test and achieve success in the exam.
Review the Syllabus
Candidates must go through the complete syllabus when they are preparing for the exam. The students must keep a note of what they are studying as per the syllabus of the exam. This will enable them to understand how much of the syllabus they have actually covered.
NEST 2021 Syllabus consists of topics from Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and General Ability.
- Physics: General, Thermal physics, Mechanics, Ray Optics, Sound, Rotational Dynamics, Magnetism, Fluids, Wave Optics, Electricity, Magnetism, Semiconductors, Capacitance, Modern Physics, Electromagnetic Induction, X-Rays.
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Mole Concept, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Thermodynamics, Periodic Table, Metallurgy, d-block Elements, p-block Elements , Isomerism, f-block Elements, s-block Elements, Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry-Reactive intermediates, Colloids, Surface Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Solid State, Solutions, Hydrogen Element; Alkanes, Nomenclature, Alkenes and Alkynes, Haloalkanes (Alkyl halides), Aromatic compounds.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Quadratic equations, simultaneous linear equations, Harmonic and Geometric Progression, Arithmetic, Probability, Arithmetic, Harmonic and Geometric Means, Permutations and combinations, Logarithms, Binomial theorem, Matrices.
- Biology: Ecosystems, Evolution, Genetics, Biotechnology, Anatomy, Humans and Environment, Physiology, Reproduction, Human Health and Diseases, Biology of Plant Systems, Ecology, Biology of Animal Systems.
- General Ability: There is not any prescribed syllabus for this section. However, this section will contain questions from Science, Geography, History, English, Mathematics, G.K and Current affairs. Questions from mathematical ability of class 10th are also asked in the paper. Passage type questions of science may also be present in the test.
Review the Exam Pattern
One must understand the NEST exam 2021 pattern before preparing for this exam. If you are not aware about the pattern, the students will not be aware of the pattern of the questions, marking scheme, duration of the exam and the other details of the test.
Understand the Concepts
The students must go through the topics of the syllabus and then prepare for the different topics. Understanding the various concepts is the primary thing that one must follow before the exam. If you do not clear the concepts, the students will not be able to clear the confusion and that will lead to different kinds of mistakes.
Make Smart Strategy
While preparing for the exam, working hard is the best strategy. One must prepare a smart and effective exam strategy to ensure success in the exam. Prepare a good strategy and this will increase the chances of the students to qualify for NEST 2021.
Prepare notes as per the syllabus before appearing in the exam. It is helpful to note down all the important points in the form of notes. This will enable the students to go through them before sitting for the exam.
Have Good Study Material
The students must study from good sources before sitting for the test. They can prepare themselves by studying these materials, which are helpful as you will be able to study from the best resources.
Practice Mock Tests
One can attempt the mock tests to know how well they are prepared for the entrance exam in the limited time. The students must attempt different online and offline mock tests to make them better prepared for NEST 2021.
These are some of the preparation tips for NEST 2021 that will help you to prepare for this exam in an easy way. This will keep the students less stressed and more confident during the exam.