Science is one of the most preferred stream among the students after they completed the 10th boards. But as soon as their schooling complete, they get puzzled about which course they should be pursuing their career in the science stream.
Science Stream is broadly divided into two parts; Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM), and Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB). Here we have gathered a list of courses for the students who wish to pursue their career in the science stream after the 12th.
Here are the details about all the best career options, PCM students should prefer after the 12th.
It is the most sought course among the PCM students, after their 12th. It's a four-year degree course. Candidates need to qualify in JEE Mains to pursue their career in B.Tech/ BE. Here is the list of some B.Tech/ BE courses.
- B.Tech- Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech-Civil Engineering
- B.Tech-Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech-Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech- Biotechnology
- B.Tech-Electronics and Communication
- B.Tech- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech- Computer Science and Engineering.
- B.Tech Agriculture
Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch): Students interested to be an architect, can go for this course. It's a 5-year long course which is very popular among the students.
Bachelor of Planning (B Plan): B. Its 4-year bachelor's course program in which the students are given theoretical and practical knowledge about planning, engineering, and designing urban human settlements.
It is a three-year course, for which students need to pass the 12th boards from a recognized college.
- B.Sc Physics
- B.Sc Chemistry
- B.Sc Mathematics
- B.Sc Computer Science
- B.Sc Information Technology (IT)
- B.Sc Electronics
- B.Sc Nautical Science
- B.Sc Instrumentation
- B.Sc Polymer Science
- B.Sc Geology
- B.Sc Physical Science
- B.Sc Industrial Chemistry
Diploma courses can be opted by the students after class 12th and can get a job in their selected course as soon as possible in their career. The duration depends on what course the student chooses.
- Diploma/Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Radiological Technology
- Diploma in Film and Television
Integrated programs combine both bachelor and master degrees. Here is the list of some integrated courses, one can go for after their 12th.
- B.E. + M.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. + M.Tech. Electrical Engineering
- B.E/ B.Tech + MBA
Job-oriented students may pursue some vocational courses. ITI courses are for 1-2 years. They can go for ITI courses after their 10th or 12th class.
- ITI Electrician
- ITI Fireman
- ITI Welder
- ITI Wireman
- ITI Mechanic
- ITI Turner
B.Des. stands for Bachelor of Design, which is a four-year degree course. Students interested in creativity can go or this course.
- B.Des. Fashion Design
- B.Des. Leather Design
- B.Des. Apparel Design
- B.Des. Textile Design
- B.Des. Interior Design
- B.Des. Product Design
- B.Des. Accessory Design
The medical field encompasses everything like healthcare, pharmaceutical, and biotech-based industries, etc. Students interested in medical or biological sciences, can no doubt, chose PCB as their subject in the 12th class.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)
- Physiotherapy (BPT) or Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- B.Sc. in Agriculture and Environment Science
- B.Sc. Home Science/Forensic Science
- B.Tech/BE in Biotechnology
- BAMS (Ayurvedic)
- BHMS (Homoeopathy)
For students who have both Bio-Math subjects, various other interdisciplinary options are also available, like,
- Biomedical engineering
- Healthcare data mining
- Cognitive neuroscience and artificial intelligence
- Internet of things and smart wearable technology
Interested students can go for a general degree course in any specialization. It's a three-year course for which students need to complete their 12th boards from a recognized college.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.VSc AH)
- Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science (BNYS)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Dairy Technology
- B.Sc. Home Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
Students can opt for a diploma after class 12th and can get a job as early as possible in their career. The duration depends on the course you choose.
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in operation theatre technology
- Diploma in medical laboratory
- Diploma in x-ray technology
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Visual Communication Design
- Hotel Management/ Hotel & Catering Administration and Management
- Travel and Tourism Management/ Travel Administration / Aviation Management
- Tea Tasting Management
Read also : Physiology: The Science of Human Body