XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is conducted by
the Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
on the behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). It is a national-level management entrance examination for admission to MBA or PGDM courses. XAT is the 2nd largest MBA entrance exam after CAT and is regarded as the toughest MBA entrance exams in India. The exam allows the candidates to apply for admission to XLRI and 150+ B-schools.
XAT 2020 will be held on January 5, 2020. Application Forms for XAT 2020 have been released on August 23, 2019. The last date for XAT Registration is November 30, 2019 (Without late fee) and December 7, 2019 (with late fee). To apply for the exam, candidates must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized institution. The scores of XAT 2020 will be accepted by XLRI Jamshedpur and around 150 B-schools across India for admission to MBA/PGDM programs. XAT 2019 had undergone some major changes related to exam pattern and application fee. It is expected that these changes will be applicable for XAT 2020 as well. The overall difficulty level of XAT is hard.
Some Necessary Details for XAT 2020
Eligibility Criteria to apply for XAT 2020 is graduation in any discipline. Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible for XAT. The exam will contain MCQs. However, unlike other exams, there will be 5 answer options per MCQ. XAT Cutoff is dissimilar for Human Resource and Business Management programs. Last year, the cut off for BM was 28 marks and HR was 26 marks
XAT 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||3:00 hours|
|Type of questions||Objective and Subjective|
|XAT Eligibility||Bachelor's Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test, GD(Group Discussion), PI(Personal Interview)|
|XAT Helpline number||18004192929|
XAT 2020 Answer has been released, Check Here
XAT 2020 will be conducted in 1 session in India and in Dubai and Kathmandu.
XAT 2020 will be computer-based Exam.
XAT 2020 will not be having Essay writing question.
XAT 2020 will be having no negative marks in General Knowledge section.
XAT 2020 Exam timing has been reduced from 205 minutes to 180 minutes.
XAT 2020 Schedule:
Below is the official Schedule of the XAT Exam 2020 released by the conducting authority.
|XAT 2020 Online Registration Starts||August 23, 2019|
|XAT 2020 End of registration ||December 10, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Admit Card download||December 20, 2019 |
|XAT 2020 Exam date||January 5, 2020 (Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)|
|XAT 2020 Release of official Answer Key||January 10, 2020 (Tentative)|
|XAT 2020 Declaration of Result|
January 17, 2020
Earlier XAT Exam 2020 Results was scheduled to be declared on January 30, 2020. However, the dates were revised and the results were released much before that i.e on January 17, 2020.
XAT 2020 Admit Card:
The admit card for XAT 2020 entrance exam will be available online. Those candidates who have registered themselves for the exam successfully will be able to get their admit card by logging in to the official website of XLRI or XAT. The candidates should know that the admit card will not be sent by post, email or any other media. The candidates are also advised to preserve the admit card till the admission procedure.
How to Download Admitcard:
Steps to Follow:
- Login to official website of XAT 2020.Click on “Download XAT 2020 Admit Card” link
- Enter your XAT Registration ID and XAT password or your Date of Birth.
- Download your admit card.
- Print more than one hard copies for further use.
- Test takers must keep a copy of the admit card until the entire admission process gets over as it will be required at every stage.
Candidates must carefully go through the details on XAT Admit Card before downloading and taking a print out of the same. In case of any error or discrepancy in the information, candidates should immediately contact XAT officials.
Documents must Carry to Exam center with Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry XAT admit card to the exam center along with any of the following photo ID proof
- Voter Id card
- Adhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Driving Licence
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer among others.
Details Present in the Admit Card
1. Candidate's name
2. Caste category
3. Date of birth
4. XAT ID
5. Date and time of the exam
6. XAT exam center
7. Google map link to locate exam center
8. Emergency contact number
9. Test system number to identify your examination room
10. Exam related instructions
12. Reporting Time
XAT 2020 Detailed Syllabus:
There is no particular format or questionnaire syllabus for XAT 2020. The syllabus is based on past trends of XAT question papers and the syllabus is drawn from the topics which have been asked in previous XAT exams. However, their composition, format, and number may vary with each subsequent edition of XAT.
XAT 2020 is an objective type paper covering Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability, English Language and Reasoning, and Decision Making.
The candidates must understand the syllabus of the exam well before they start the exam preparation. Read below section-wise syllabus of XAT and related key points to keep in mind.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
1. XAMI ( Xavier Association of Management Institutes ) has made some major changes in this section. A big chunk nearly 50% of the question is asked from Numbers, Geometry and Mensuration chapters
2. There will be 27 questions will be asked in this section
3. The question level will be difficult as per the trends from previous years.
4. Each question carries a +1 mark and -0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Some important topics for (QA and DI)
Mensuration – 2D and 3D
Profit and Loss
Speed & Distance
Heights & Distance
Direction Sense & Time
Data Interpretation – Table, Combination
Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR):
1. There will be 26 questions asked in this section
2. The question level will be Moderate as per the trends from previous years.
3. Each question carries a +1 mark and -0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Some Important topics for (VA & LR)
Paragraph completion In Reading Comprehension section, passages will be from literature, socio-economic essays, science and culture, and abstract topics.
Marketing vs Finance: The 2 parallel roads
Decision Making (DM):
1. There will be 22 questions asked in this section
2. The question level will be Moderate as per the trends from previous years.
3. Each question carries + 1 mark and- 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
4.Set-based questions are asked
Some Important topics for (DM)
Conditions and Grouping Test
Data Arrangement Test
Decision Making in a situation
General Knowledge (GK):
1.There will be 22 questions asked in this section
2. The question level will be Moderate as per the trends from previous years.
3. Each question carries +1 mark and there will be no negative marking in this segment
4. Key highlight: This section is not taken into account for the calculation of percentile in XAT exam.
Some Important topics for (GK)
Nation and States
Awards and Recognitions
Merger & Acquisitions
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
XAT Exam pattern 2020 has been changed. Now the XAT 2020 exam pattern will consist of four sections instead of earlier five. The number of questions in revised XAT pattern 2020 will be 99. XAT 2020 exam pattern will be a computer-based test. Below is shared the XAT 2020 exam pattern.
Distribution of Question,XAT 2020
Section in XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
No. of questions
Overall Time Duration
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No time limit|
|Decision Making||21||no time limit|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27||no time limit|
|Part-2||No. of Questions|
|General knowledge||25||15 mins|
Note: No Essay writing test IN XAT 2020
Key Features of XAT 2020
XAT pattern: Computer Based Test
XAT Total Questions: 99
XAT Question Type: MCQs
XAT Exam Pattern for MCQs: Each MCQ is followed by 5 answer options
XAT Scoring Pattern: +1 Mark for Each Correct
Negative Marking in XAT Pattern 2020: 0.25 (¼) mark deducted for MCQs from Sl. 1 to 74
No negative marking in XAT Question Pattern: GK questions are free from Negative Marking
XAT Test Paper Submission: Candidates are allowed to submit test paper after 30 minutes of the test commencement time
XAT Exam Time Duration: XAT 2020 exam pattern has shared a time duration of 3 hours.
XAT Exam Pattern 2020 - Percentile Calculation: Only 3 sections in the XAT exam are taken into account to calculate the XAT percentile score and XAT merit list for the written exam. GK will not be counted for percentile calculation in the XAT exam pattern.
No Sectional Time Limit: XAT Pattern 2020 does not have sectional time limit to solve the question paper. Candidate can attempt any question from any of the three sections within the overall time limit. However, the candidate will be allowed to go to Part 2 in XAT 2020 only after completing the time duration of Part 1
New Changes made in XAT Exam Pattern:
- NAT Questions Introduced: A new type of Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions in XAT pattern 2020 has been introduced by XLRI. To answer the NAT questions candidates have to use the virtual keypad appearing on the computer screen and enter the numerical answer.
- Penalty for Un-attempted Questions: Each un-attempted question beyond 8 questions will carry a negative marking penalty of 0.10 mark per unattempted question in revised XAT exam pattern 2020.
- No Essay Writing Test: There is no descriptive question on Essay Writing test in the revised XAT pattern 2020.
- XAT Time Duration Reduced: XAT 2020 exam pattern will have a time duration of three hours instead of earlier three and a half hours.
- 25 Minutes Extra for Visually Impaired Candidates: XAT 2020 exam pattern offers 25 minutes extra time for the scribe to complete the part-1 (first 3 sections) of XAT exam. No time concession is given for GK section1
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Decision Making (DM)||21|
|Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27|
|General Knowledge (GK) ||25|
Instruction to follow in Exam Hall:For time management, a timer shall be present on the right- hand side corner of the computer screen.No specified sequence has to be followed by the candidates while answering the questions.While responding to the questions, candidates have the option of checking the count of attempted and unattempted questions. Candidates can change their response to another option if need be. Candidates can answer the questions in any sequence. Candidates can see one question at a time. They can select the option of ‘Next Question’ or ‘Previous Question’ to move on to different questions.The ‘Erase’ button at the bottom of the screen can be used to change the response. To review a particular question, candidates can use the ‘tag’ option to bookmark it and later ‘de-tag’ the same, if required. To know the status of every question, there is a color palette on the right-hand side of the screen. Different colors against the question status they represent are as follows:
|Yellow||Question hasn't been answered and kept for review|
|purple|| Question has been answered and marked for review|
|White||Question hasn't been answered|
|Green|| Question has been answered|
- Most of the selections made by the candidate will be in autosave mode.
- Candidates must note that questions marked for review or attempted will be considered attempted unless candidates use the ‘erase’ option on them.
- After finishing the exam candidates can use the ‘Preview Submit’ Button to view their responses.
- Candidates can only leave the exam hall after the completion of 3 hours.
Previous year exam pattern Analysis
|VA-RC||26(without Essay Part)||24||24||26|
|Total||99||97||97||103 (With 1 essay )|
XAT 2020 Exam Centres:
XAT 2020 Cut Off:
The cutoff is the minimum mark required for the candidates to qualify for the exam & be eligible for the admission procedure. After securing the same or more than the cut off mark, the candidates will be intimated for the group discussion & personal interview. The cut off for XAT will vary as per the programs. Also, the other institutes that participate with XAT have their individual cut off.
- The results are announced on the official portal (xatonline.in). Enter XAT ID and Password to access your scorecard. Know more
- XAT cutoff is not only applicable for its member institutions but also for the top management institutes namely IMT, BIMTECH, Great Lake, KJ Somaiya and other such institutes.
- As per the score normalization process adopted in XAT, no candidate can get negative scores and percentile. Also, no candidate scores 100 percentile.
XAT cut off percentiles are different for XLRI’s Business Management (BM), Human Resources Management (HRM) and General Management GMP) programs. The cut-offs are different for male and female candidates. Over the years, it has been seen that the XAT cut-offs for female candidates remain slightly lower than the cut-offs for male candidates. Read below to know how XAT cut-offs are determined, expected XAT 2020 cut-offs and that of previous years - 2019, 2018 and 2017.
XAT Cutoff Calculation:
XAT cut off percentiles for XLRI admission are determined on the basis of various factors. Listed below are the three main determining factors of XAT cut offs:
- Number of candidates appearing in the XAT exam that year
- The difficulty level of the XAT question paper
- Number of seats available for admission
EXPECTED XAT CUTOFF 2020:
|INSTITUTE||CUT OFF of XAT 2020 (Expected)|
|Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar||95+|
|Xavier Labor and Relations Institute(XLRI), Jamshedpur|
PGDM HR 88
|Institute of Management Technology(IMT), Ghaziabad||90+|
|Great lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||90+|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai||90+|
|Amity Business School, Noida||85+|
|Institute for financial Management and research, Chennai||85+|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and research, Mumbai||85+|
|KIIT School Institute of Management||85+|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||80+|
|Birla Institute of Management technology, greater Noida||75+|
XAT Sectional Cutoff 2020 (Expected):
Human Resouce and Management (HRM):
|Overall Cut off||94|
Global Management Program:
|VALR||5 and above|
|DM||5 and above|
|QADI||6 and above|
|Overall cut off||22 and above|
How to check XAT Cut off 2020?
Candidates who wish to see the official XAT Cut off can visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in. Here are some easy steps to check XAT Cut off 2020:
1.Visit the official website of XAT/ participating college
2. Look for ‘examination section’ on the homepage
3. Click on the link and enter your Roll number and Form Number
4. XAT Cut off list will be displayed
5.. Save and take its print for further use
Aspects of XAT Cut off
Official XAT Cut off- These are the cut off marks released officially i.e. by XLRI. These marks form the basis of the final merit list.
XAT Percentile- The percentile score in XAT indicates the percentage of examinees who scored below the candidate based on the total XAT exam taking candidates. The percentile figure may change with an increase or decrease in the number of XAT test takers and their scoring pattern.
Cutoff ranks: Cutoff rank will decide the priority of the candidates in the selection. Higher the rank higher will be a priority to get selected. The last rank to get included in the merit list will be cutoff rank.
CUT-OFFS FOR DIFFERENT PROGRAMS OF XLRI BASED ON XAT-2020 as released on the official website.
Previous Years Cutoff
XAT 2018 Cutoff
|Overall Cut off||94||94|
Human Resource and Management(HRM):
XAT Cut off 2017:
For BM and HR Program
|VALR||79.46||76.69||5 And above|
|DM||76.84||71.63||5 and above|
|QADI||88.7||70.07||6 and above|
|Overall Cutoff||96||92.55||22 and above|
XAT Cutoff 2016 – XLRI Jamshedpur:
XAT 2020 Application Form:
XAT 2020 Registration will be done through online mode by clicking on the official website. The registration will be started from the 3rd week of August 2019 and can be filled & submitted the XAT application form till the 30th of November 2019. The candidates can apply for more than one program in a single application.
Any graduate who wishes to pursue MBA/PGDM course at XLRI, XAMI institutes or B-schools accepting XAT score can fill the application form on the official website by creating a login ID.
Steps to Apply for XAT 2020:
Five Important steps to apply for XAT 2020 are given below:
The five major steps for XAT Registration are given below:
Step 1- XAT Registration- Visit the official website and register using your personal details (Name, Contact Details and Email ID). You will receive a unique ID and Password to complete the further process.
Step 2- Fill Basic Information- Fill-in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and XAT Exam Centers.
Step 3- Upload Documents- Upload scanned images of your recent photograph and signature.
Step 4- Fee Payment- Pay the requisite application fee online.
Step 5- Confirmation Page- Post completing the process, you will receive a confirmation page. Save it for future references.
Step by step to Apply for XAT 2020:
1. XAT Registration: Open the official website "xatonline.in"
2. Click on new Candidates Registration
3. Enter details like name, date of birth, city, country, phone number and email ID
4. A unique XAT ID and registration link will be shared with the candidate
5. The candidate will have to click on the link and enter a new password to create XAT login
Post that, candidates will be guided through a few more steps to complete the registration process
If you DO NOT receive the registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, please check your spam/junk folder. If you are still unable to locate the email, write to [email protected] citing your primary email ID or call upon 1800 209 0835 between 08.00 am and 08.00 pm ( IST ) or write to [email protected] The exam authorities will get back to you in 48 hours. (Excluding Holidays)
Once you receive your XAT ID and password, follow the steps given below to fill the application form.
1. Open the XAT 2020 official website in a new window
2. Click on ‘login’
3. Enter XAT ID and password
4. The XAT 2020 application form will be displayed
5. Enter all the details asked in the form
6. Cross-check the information before saving
7. Pay the XAT 2020 application fee through credit/debit card or net banking
Required Documents for applying XAT:
1. Valid E-mail address
2. Valid mobile phone number
3. Marksheets of class X, XII, graduation and/or other equivalent exams.
4. Details of work experiences (if any)
5. Scanned images of photograph and signature
6. Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
7. Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of Application fees
Instruction for XAT photographs and Signature:
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his / her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below. The candidate may edit the application form if the photograph/signature uploaded is unclear.
1. The photograph must be a recent passport size color picture.
2. The picture should be in color, against a light-colored, preferably white, background.
3. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
4. If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
5. If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
6. If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
7. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
8. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
9. The size of the file should be between 20KB-50KB.
Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colors, etc., during the process of scanning.
1. The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
2. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
3. The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
4. The Applicant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
5. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
6. The size of file should be between 10KB —20KB.
7. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
How to upload the Photograph and Signature
1. Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
2. Set Color to True Color
3. File Size as specified above.
4. Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
5. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option
6. If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed. While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature. Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
7. There will be two separate links for uploading photograph and Signature.
8. Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
9. Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
10 Select the file by clicking on it.
11. Click the 'Upload' button
XAT 2020 Application Fee:
XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1700/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2000/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.
Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT – Rs. 2500/-
NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
Steps to Make Payment Online:
1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
2. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
3. After submitting your payment information, wait for the intimation from the server and do not press the refresh button
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated..Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates payment failure. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional XAT ID and Password and repeat the process of payment.
5. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transactions may not have been successful.
6. Card charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
7. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed. There is facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
There is a facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
Read Also: Is doing MBA after Engineering Worthwhile?
XAT 2020 Counselling:
After the release of the result and cut off, the candidates will be shortlisted for the GD & PI. After the group discussion & personal interview, the selected candidates will be allotted with seats. The counseling will start soon after the result declaration. However, there has not been any official announcement regarding the counseling schedule. Once released, the needful will be updated here.
The interview dates for XAT 2020 are yet to be released. However, the candidates shortlisted for the interview process have been declared
XAT Counselling 2020 will expectedly begin from February and conclude in April 2020. There will be no centralized counseling by XLRI for admissions. Each institute has its own counseling procedure. Candidates who make it to the merit list on the basis of their score in XAT and other selection rounds will be called for counseling.
To be eligible for XAT Counselling, first, one has to register at the official website of your preferred college.
XAT Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of marks and rank secured in the merit list. A candidate's academic record, overall profile and work experience will also be considered for admission. Read on to know more about XAT 2020 Counselling, Steps for Registration, Documents Required and Selection Criteria.
The counseling will be organized with the sole purpose to offer admission to the shortlisted and qualified students.
The counseling procedure comprises of various stages. The detailed description of these stages is mentioned here for the students.
Stage 1: Registration: The first and the beginning stage of the XAT Counselling 2020 is the registration process. The students need to register them in order to participate in the counseling procedure. This stage involves registration and the payment of the registration fee (varies as according to the institute).
Stage 2: Choice Filling and Locking: After the successful registration, the students will get an opportunity to select their preferred courses. Extreme care is taken while making the choices as no alteration will be done once after locking the choices.
Stage 3: Final Seat allotment: The last and the final stage is the seat allotment round. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of the choices filled by the student, his rank in the merit list and the availability of the seats at the rank. Once after the seat allotment is over, the students can go for the document verification round.
1. It is important for the students to know about the selection procedure so as to prepare for it in the advance.
2. Needless to say, the selection procedure varies according to the institute. Each participating institute has its own selection procedure to select the most deserving students.
3. It is the comprehensive process that tests the student on the various aspects. Basically, this process judges the overall abilities of the student.
4. Based on the XAT Selection Procedure 2020, the participating institutions will decide whether the student is fit for admission or not.
5. Generally, the selection procedure is a two-step process. All the qualified students will have to undergo these two steps so as to get the final enrollment in the management courses. These two steps are explained below.
Group Discussion: It is the first step of the selection procedure which the students need to qualify. This is a kind of elimination round in which multiple eliminations will be done at once. In this, a current topic will be allotted to the students for discussion and the students who actually discuss the topic well will be selected for the next round. Knowledge about the current topics and good communication skills are needed to qualify this round.
The topics of XLRI GD could be related to current affairs, politics, social issues such as women’s rights and emancipation, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, education or business in India.
How to crack GD
Utilize the time given before each GD round to make some quick notes for yourself.
Don’t lose your calm if the GD turns into a fish market. Stick to the topic and make your points in a clear, audible voice.
Don’t get too aggressive and insulting in your words and tone. Use politically correct language to put forth your views.
Don’t flaunt your vocabulary during the GD. Instead, focus on good and substantial points to put forth.
Address the entire group while making a point.
Don’t try to dominate the group. Don’t pick fights with the ones who disagree with you.
Body Language: Sit straight, be active, don’t slouch or hunch, don’t intrude into other people’s space by spreading your arms way too much, gestures using hands must be limited to your personal space, at the height of your chest.
Don’t be too shy or introverted as none of the other participants will give you the chance to speak. Make at least some contribution to the GD to avoid getting eliminated. The beginning and ending of the GD are good places to speak up and get noticed.
Be updated with the latest current affairs and increase your knowledge about various issues concerning our society, culture, politics, business, education etc. Reading newspapers daily will help in this direction.
Personal Interaction/ Interview: Another round of the XAT Selection procedure 2020 is the personal interview round. It is the face to face interview round in which the student’s soft skills will be tested by the interviewer. This is the final round of selection which the students will have to clear so as to get admission in the management courses.
How to Crack PI:
Don’t fear the interview panel. They are experienced academicians and experts but they intend to know you better, so don’t get too nervous. Relax and be as natural in your answers as possible.
Take care of general etiquettes: Greet them, address all the panelists while talking, thank them after the interview is over.
Be well-versed and thorough with your resume, essay and application form.
Be honest in your answers and don’t try to bluff the interviewers. If you don’t know the answer to a question, admit that and apologize.
Treat it like a talking session. This will keep you relaxed and keep nervousness at bay.
Time for every interviewee is different. A shorter interview does not mean elimination. Similarly, a longer interview does not indicate selection.
Smile. Don’t look too serious, too aggressive or too tense.
How to update XAT Interview City?
Once the course wise cut-offs are released for XLRI admission, the candidates will be required to apply for participation in the GD/PI round. For this, they will be required to log on to the XLRI website and specify their choice of interview city. This process is also referred to as 'update XAT interview city'. Given below are the steps for the same:
- Open XAT 2020 website in a new window
- Go to the login link
- Enter ID and password
- Select from given cities and update your choice
Documents (original and photocopy) to carry for GD/PI
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in XAT 2020 Brochure
- XAT 2020 scorecard
- XAT answer key or OMR sheet
- Class 10 certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Character certificate from the institute last attended
- Work experience certificate/letter
- Certificate of participating in extra-curricular activities (if any)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
- Original and Xerox of XAT 2020 Admit Card
XAT 2020 Result:
The result for XAT 2020 was released on 17th January 2020. The candidates can check their scorecard by logging in to the official website. Those students who have passed the exam as per the cut off mark will be required to come for the GD & PI. The XAT 2020 result will be available online on the official website of the exam. Using the XAT user id and password, candidates will have to log in to the official exam website to check their result and download the scorecard. The scorecards would be available for download till March 31, 2020.
Candidates can request for the hard copy of the scorecard by paying Rs. 300 by Demand Draft drawn in favor of XLRI Jamshedpur, payable at Jamshedpur. The XAT result 2020 shows the overall and sectional scores along with the XAT registration id, candidate’s name, date of the test, etc.
After the result, the exam cutoff will be released by XLRI and other 500 B schools to shortlist the candidates for the selection procedure – GD, WAT, and PI.
To Check the Score Card Click Here
Important Dates: Result XAT 2020
|Exam Date||5th Jan,2020|
|Declaration of Result||31st Jan,2020|
|Release of answer key||17th jan,2020|
|Announcement of cut off||31st jan,2020|
How To Check XAT 2020 Result Online?
1. Go to the official website
2. Log in to the website with ID & Password
3. Check the result shown on the screen
4. Download the scorecard for further use
How to Calculate the XAT Score:
The XAT score of each candidate is calculated on the basis of raw scores obtained in each section. To understand the XAT scoring process, first, let’s look at the marking scheme:
|more than 8 unanswered Question||-0.5|
Note: The percentage or percentile of GK will be calculated separately and not included in the total percentage or percentile.
The sum total of marks obtained in all the three sections (VA, DM & QA) is listed for all the candidates
The candidates are then ranked according to total marks scored in XAT
Each candidate’s rank is divided by remaining number of test-takers and then multiplied by 100 to arrive at the XAT percentile score
How to Calculate let's know through an example:
Suppose 70000 students took the XAT test and your rank is 500. Thus your XAT percentile will be:
What to do after XAT?
1. A GD/PI list of shortlisted candidates is released. All the shortlisted candidates are then required to update the city to appear for the interview and also submit certain documents.
2. They have to book their interview slots and upload self-profile assessments and videos.
3. The interviews at XLRI are scheduled in February and March 2020 (tentatively).
4. Each college declares its separate XAT Cut off. The selection rounds vary too.
5. All qualifying candidates can seek admission in any one of the 500 B-schools throughout the country. These include, 11 member institutes of XAMI
St. Aloysius Institute St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
Xavier Business School (XBS),
St.Xavier's University, Kolkata
Previous Year XAT cut off 2019
Business Management Program
Human Resource Management Program
XAT 2020 Answer Key
The Answer Key for XAT 2020 is after the exam is conducted. The answer key will consist of answers to all the questions asked in the exam. Candidates can cross-check their answers and get a brief score of their result. The candidates can challenge the answer key of XAT 2020, after which XLRI releases the final answer key with changes if any. Based on this final answer key the XAT Result is prepared.
|Exam date||5th Jan 2020|
|Answer ley Release ||10th Jan 2020|
|XAT Result||17th Jan 2020|
Steps to download the answer key:
1. Go to the official website of XAT
2. Provide your XAT 2020 ID and Password
3. The answer key will appear on the screen
4. Download the answer key
Strategic Management as a career
Information to be found on the Answer key
1. XAT 2020 answer key will contain the following information:
2. Candidate's exam details like name and ID
3. Section-wise questions and their answer
4.Candidate's response to each question
5. Questions not attempted
How to Submit Objection to XAT 2020 Answer Key:
To send objections, you will have to send an email to [email protected] with the subject line as Objection
In the email, you will be required to mention the following:
1. XAT ID
3. Question ID
4. Your objection to a particular question and its answer
5. Evidence in support of your objection
XAT Score vs Percentile
Here are the marks vs percentile analysis for XAT 2020. OA stands for Overall Aggregate.
1. 51.26 OA- 99.751 percentile
2. 47.12 OA - 99.278 percentile
3. 45.64 OA -98.896 percentile
4. 42.82 OA- 97.891 percentile
5. 40.83 OA -96.842 percentile
XAT 2020 exam day guidelines
Exam day guidelines for XAT 2020 aim to help the candidates appearing for the examination have a hassle-free day and keep them stress-free and calm on the D-Day.
What to carry on the exam day?
1- XAT 2020 admit card
2- One passport size photographs (preferably same as the one submitted with the application form)
3- A valid photo Id proof (Driving Licence, PAN Card, Passport/ Aadhaar card)
4- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
What not to carry?
1- Stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, etc.
2- Communication devices like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band, etc.
3- Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc.
4- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, tea, coffee, cold drinks, etc.
5- Any other item which could be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth device, etc.
6- Candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry eatables (with prior intimation) like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/ candy/sandwich, etc.
Click here for the Answer Key 2020 Link
XAT 2020 Eligibility:
The candidates who're interested in applying for the XAT exam are advised to go through the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. The candidates must qualify all the criteria to be eligible for the exam. The XAT eligibility criteria 2020 includes academic qualification i.e. graduation degree and also, age restrictions, attempts/chances for XAT and also eligible documents for appearing in the test. Candidates filling XAT 2020 application form can check here the eligibility criteria and other instructions.
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020:
1. The candidates must be holding a three-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university
2. Moreover, candidates appearing for final year examination of the bachelor course to be over on or before June 10, 2020, or are awaiting their results can also apply for XAT 2020.
3. Candidates appearing in final examination or awaiting results must provide their bachelor degree certificate and mark sheet by the end of the admission year.
4. Graduates of 1980s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible for the exam.
5. There are no minimum aggregate marks criteria for appearing in XAT 2020.
6. NRI and Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply on the basis of GMAT (except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2020).
There is no restriction on age or number of attempts.
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for XLRI courses
Candidates looking for admissions to programmes offered by XLRI can check below eligibility for each course –
Business Management and Human Resource Management:
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of three-year duration in any discipline from any university as recognized by Central or State legislature or from an institute approved by AICTE are eligible to apply.
If candidates are appearing for final year examination then their last exam should be over by June 10, 2020.
Candidates seeking admission to the General Management Programme offered by XLRI must have obtained a three-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University in India or abroad.
The candidates should be a full-time employee after completing their bachelor's degree.
The candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of significant managerial experience as on March 31, 2019, in any organization in either of the sectors i.e. public, private or non-governmental.
XAT Selection Criteria 2020:
As per XAT 2020 selection criteria, candidates will be shortlisted not only on the basis of XAT 2020 scores but also on the basis of Personal Interview and Group Discussions.
Besides, academic qualification, relevant work experience, and extracurricular activities are also considered for preparing the final admission list and, the candidates meeting XAT 2020 cut off will be offered admissions for academic sessions 2020-2022.
XLRI accepts students also on the basis of GMAT scores. Those who have appeared in the GMAT exam need not appear in XAT to be eligible for admission. They can apply for admission into XLRI on the basis of GMAT score.
Eligibility for admission to XLRI courses through GMAT scores
All NRI and Foreign candidates seeking admissions to XLRI offered courses and other associate B-schools will have to apply through their GMAT exam scores only. The GMAT scores are valid only if obtained between December 01, 2017, and December 31, 2019.
However, candidates applying through GMAT scores also need to register for XAT 2020 as admission without registration is not possible.
Indian candidates seeking admission through GMAT scores are eligible to apply only for the General Management program.
NRI and Foreign candidates can apply for General Management, Business Management and Human Resource Management offered by XLRI.
Persons of Indian Origin: "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO) means a person having foreign citizenship (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) without "NRI" status, but who holds a Foreign Passport at the time of sending application, consideration for admission and during the period of his study and he/she or anyone/ both of their parents or anyone / both of his /her grandparents is (or was) / are (or were) citizen (s) of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India.
XAT 2020 FAQs:
Q: When will the detailed schedule for XAT 2020 will release?
A: The detailed schedule for XAT 2020 is expected to release soon in August.
Q: Can I edit my application form once I've submitted?
A: No. The application form cannot be edited once submitted for registration.
Q: Can NRI and Foreign students apply?
A: Yes, NRI & Foreign students can apply through the GMAT score.
Q: Is there any other round after XAT written exam?
A: Yes, there are GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds for the candidates who have qualified the XAT exam
Q: What is the application fee for NRI/Foreign candidates?
A: NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT have to pay Rs. 5000/-.
Q: Is there any changes in the exam timing this year?
A: yes, the exam time has been reduced to 180 minutes from 205 minutes.
Q: Can the application form be edited?
A: You can edit the application form before the final submission. Once you submit it, it cannot be further edited.
Q: I have qualified for the XAT exam. What are the fields that questions of GD can come from?
A: The GD questions must be related to the topic like current affairs, politics, trending social issues, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, business or education, etc.
Q: What is the validity of the XAT score?
A: The validity of the XAT score is up to one year.
Q: Is there any age limit for applying for XAT?
A: No, there is no age limit applicable for XAT.
Q: How many times I can attempt for XAT?
A: There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
Q: I am in my final year of graduation. Can I Apply for XAT?
A: Yes, the candidates who are continuing in their final year of graduation are eligible for XAT.
Q: Is there any change in the test duration during the years?
A: Yes, the test duration has been reduced to 180 minutes since 2018.
Q: Who is going to conduct XAT 2020 this year?
A: XLRI Jamshedpur is going to conduct XAT 2020 this year.
Q: What is the minimum mark required to apply for XAT?
A: No minimum aggregate marks criteria are applicable in XAT 2020.
Q: Is there negative marking applicable for this exam?
A: The negative marking is applicable except the General knowledge section.