SRMJEEE 2021 or better known as SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam is a common test that is organized annually. This is conducted by the SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST) for admitting students to B. Tech courses at the different campuses. The candidates have to score equal or more than the cut-off marks mentioned for securing a seat in the participating colleges of SRMJEEE. The details about the exam have been released on their official site.
Know more: SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement, Facilities
Changes Introduced in SRMJEEE 2021
- SRMIST has revised the exam pattern for SRMJEEE 2021. Earlier the exam had sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. But now students also have to appear for two newly introduced sections namely English and Aptitude.
- The authorities at SRM have increased the total number of questions in the Mathematics section of the question paper of SRMJEEE 2021. There will be 40 questions in the Mathematics portion of the exam.
- The total number of questions in the SRMJEEE question paper is 125. Earlier it was 105 questions.
- The marking scheme has also been changed for the exam. For the current exam, one mark will be awarded for the correct answer. Earlier, it was awarded three marks.
- The number of exam centers has increased from 123 to 132.
- SRMJEEE 2021 application fee was Rs 900 previously. Now it has been raised to Rs 1100.
- The students applying for the exam will have to submit the Aadhar Card mandatorily.
- SRM Ghaziabad has reduced the eligibility criteria to 50 percent. Last year, it was 55 percent.
|Physics||35 questions (1 mark each)|
|Chemistry||35 questions (1 mark each)|
|Mathematics||40 questions (1 mark each)|
|Biology||40 questions (1 mark each)|
|English||5 questions (1 mark each)|
|Aptitude||10 questions (1 mark each)|
These are some of the changes that have happened in SRMJEEE 2021. Having complete knowledge about the changes will enable you to prepare better for the exam and score well.
Read also: Popular FAQs on SRMJEEE