The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
exam is a national level entrance exam conducted to offer admission in MBA to 3 campuses of IIFT present in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. More than 50,000 students apply for the 420 seats present in all three IIFT campuses. Every year, this exam is conducted by IIFT itself, But the exam for 2020 session will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
Also previously it was an offline mode exam, but now it has been changed to online mode.
Here are 6 key points to adhere before applying for IIFT:
1. Important dates
|Events ||Dates |
|Online Application Opening ||9th September 2019 |
|End of filling of application form ||25th October 2019 |
|End of applying online & submit GMAT score for foreign nationals & NRIs||15th Feb 2020 |
|Admit card Download ||11th Nov 2019 |
|Exam date ||1st December 2019|
|Declaration of result ||11th December 2019|
|Releasing of scorecard ||2nd week of Jan 2020 (Tentative)|
|The date for GD, PI and Essay Writing ||Jan or Feb 2020 (Tentative)|
The candidate must go through each criterion required to see if he/she is eligible to give the exam.
1. Both Indian and foreign students can apply for this exam.
2. There is no such age limit to give this exam.
3. The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks as aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates).
4. The candidates who are in their final year of graduation degree can also apply.
5. The Indian nationals who are living, working, and studying abroad should produce with the application a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission of the country where the candidate is currently based.
6. Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from their country.
3. Exam pattern
The mode of IIFT has been changed from offline to online as more sections were added. There are in total of 6 sections in the IIFT exam.
|Section||Total Questions||Mark for Each Correct Answer||Maximum Marks|
|General Awareness (GK)||18||0.5||9|
Section 1: Quantitative Analysis
2. Simple Interest & Compound Interest
4. Man Days and Work
6. Permutation and Combination
7.Speed, Time, and Distance
Section 2: Verbal Ability
1. Idioms & Phrases
2. Correction of Grammatical Errors
3. Fill in the Blanks
4. Jumbled sentences
5. Antonyms/ Synonyms
Section 3: Logical Reasoning
3. Blood Relations
4. Seating Arrangements
5. Series & Analysis
6. Seating and Selections.
7. Team-based questions
Section 4: Reading Comprehension
1. Current Affairs – Business & Economy
2. Social Scenario
3. Opinion Based Abstract topics
4. Fact-based data-driven topics
Section 5: Data Interpretation
1. Bar and Line Graph
2. Pie Charts and Tables
3. Pie Chart
Section 6: General Awareness
1. Current Affairs
4. Business & Economy
5. Awards and Awardees
6. Books and Authors
7. International Affairs
8. Sports & Science
9. Film Industry
For IIFT 2020, the expected overall cut-off will be around 35 out of 100 in relation to the previous year cut-off. The expected cut-off for the three campuses of IIFT may fall around:
1. Delhi Campus - 36 out of 100 marks
2. Kolkata Campus - 35 out of 100 marks
3. Kakinada - 34out of 100 marks
There is also sectional cut-off which the candidate need to clear, without which he/she won't get admission. The expected sectional cut-off for IIFT 2020 are:
1. General Awareness - 1 out of 9 marks
2. Verbal Ability - 4 out of 15 marks
3. Reading Comprehension - 3 out of 16 marks
4. Quantitative Aptitude - 5 out of 20 marks
5. Logical Reasoning - 6 out of 20 marks
6. Data Interpretation - 4 out of 20 marks
6. Filling the Application Form
1. To register for the IIFT exam click on the "Admissions 2020" present on the official website of IIFT.
2. Fill out the personal details like Father's name, Mother,s name, E-mail address, DOB, Mobile number, etc.
3. Provide the necessary documents as per the format and size mentioned.
4. Candidates who have already filled out the application form have been given a second chance by NTA since 12th September to change the image if there was any mistake previously.
5. Choose your preferable exam center to give the IIFT exam from the list of cities provides in the application form.
6. After the successful upload of necessary areas, you are redirected to the payment page where you can pay through Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net Banking. The fee for the General candidate is Rs. 2000 and for Reserved candidate is Rs. 1000.
7. A confirmation mail will be sent to your E-mail address after successful payment. You need to take a print out of the confirmation mail and the payment receipt for future procedures.
To know about top MBA Entrance exams apart from IIFT, click here