National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a premier institution in fashion education. The institution offers bachelor’s(B.Des) and master’s ( M.Des ) courses in design and fashion technology. Admission in the 16 campuses of NIFT is done through the NIFT entrance examination. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts the NIFT entrance exam in order to shortlist aspirants for admission in design programs in the 16 campuses of NIFT. Courses offered on the campuses of NIFT at UG and PG level are as follows-
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
- NIFT 2020 Counselling Schedule for B.F.Tech Announced, Check Here
- NIFT 2020 B.Des Counselling Process Started, Check Here
- NIFT 2020 Counselling for UG and PG Extended
- NIFT 2020 Counselling Registration Process Begins
- NIFT 2020 B.Des Final Result Announced, Check Here
- NIFT 2020 B.Des Situation Test and M.Des Online GD Cancelled, Check Here
- NIFT 2020 situation test postponed, Check Here
- NIFT has released the result of its Written Test on 13th march, Check Here
- NIFT 2020 Answer Key has been released, Check here
NIFT 2021 Schedule:
|NIFT 2021 Online Application begins||23rd October 2021|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||31st December 2021|
|Correction Of Application Form||1st January 2022 (1200 hrs) - 4th January 2021(1600 hrs)|
|Last Date of Online Registration with late fee||4th January 2022|
|NIFT 2020 Admit card available from||10th January 2022 (1400 Hrs onward)|
|NIFT 2020 Scheduled Exam Date||19th January 2022|
|Window to receive Observations/Objection of GAT||22nd January 2022 - 24th January 2022|
|Written Entrance Examination Result||February/March 2022|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||End of May/June 2022|
|Counselling Session Starts||
8 August 2020-21 August 2022 (Extended)
NIFT 2021 Admit Card:
The admit card for NIFT 2021 will be available for the candidates on the official website of NIFT. Those candidates who have successfully completed their registration can get the admit cards by logging in to the official website of NIFT. The admit card is a mandatory document for the entrance exam. No students will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card.NIFT admit card is available for download online only.
How To Download NIFT 2021 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the official website of NIFT
- From the tabs, find & click on ‘NIFT 2021 Admit Card’ Tab
- Log in to the site using the required information
- Review and download the admit card shown on the screen
- Take a printout of it
Details present in the Admit Card:
The candidates should cross-check and verify all the details present in the admit card. If any information is wrong, then the candidate should immediately contact the conducting body
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll number
- Name of the course applied for admission
- Reporting time for the exam
- Exam duration
- NIFT test center address
- NIFT exam center code
- Exam date
- Application number
- Date of birth
- Instruction for NIFT exam
NIFT Entrance Exam Day Instructions:
- Candidates need to carry their NIFT 2021 admit card to the centre.
- Candidates also need to carry any one of the valid photo ID proof such as Aadhaar Card, Voter's ID, Passport, PAN Card, Driving Licence, ID card issued by the institute last attended in original.
- Candidates who are appearing for NIFT 2021 exam for BDes and MDes admission need to carry their own stationery for the written entrance exam.
- Candidates need to report half an hour before the commencement of their NIFT exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to prohibited things like a calculator, mobile phone, purse, etc. inside their examination hall.
- Candidates should be present at the center at the reporting time mentioned in the admit card.
NIFT 2021 Syllabus:
|Optical Illusion||Natural & Geometrical Form|
|Lateral Thinking||Visual Logic|
|Design Theory||Elements & Principles Of Design|
|Innovation & Creation||Drawing Fundamentals|
|Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions||Usage of Colour in Compositions|
|Graphics & Pictograms||Imagination & Doodling|
|Exercises on imagination||Mood, Theme & Colour Inter-relationship|
|Story Pictures||Principles of Composition|
|3D Visualisation||Ornaments & motifs|
- Quantitative Ability consists of questions on basic mathematical functions like Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension test the language skills of candidates in terms of daily use of English as a medium of communication. It evaluates the candidates’ knowledge of synonyms, antonyms, and words and their meanings, singular/plural words, one-word substitutes, idioms and common phrases, correct spellings, reading comprehension, etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability puts to test the candidates’ competence in applying logic and inferring facts from given information, as well as ability in problem identification and applying reason to arrive at a solution for the problem. Creative and lateral thinking will come in handy for candidates in this section.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs section would review the candidates’ awareness in terms of general and current affairs.
- The Case Study section would provide a real-life industry situation to candidates aiming to gauge the candidates’ management skills.
Some questions from the engineering as well would be posed for the M. F. Tech program.
- Construction Skill
- Space visualization
- Color scheme
- Innovative and creative use of given material
- Finesse of the model and overall
- Composition of elements
|Popular Master Guide NIFT and IIFT||R. Gupta|
|NIFT/NID Exam Guide||Dr. R. P. Datason|
|NIFT Entrance Examination Guide||D. Mittal|
|Entrance Examinations for NIFT/NID/IIFT||Arihant Publications|
|NIFT Previous years papers (solved)||Ramesh publishing house|
NIFT 2021 Exam Pattern:
Creative ability test (CAT):
CAT (Creative Ability Test) aims to evaluate the candidates’ observing power in the development of a concept, as well as their intuitive, and design ability. Candidates’ illustrative skills and creativity in the use of color are important aspects of CAT.
General ability test (GAT):
GAT (General Ability Test) gauges the candidates’ general aptitude and quantitative, communicative and analytic skills apart from knowledge in general & current happenings.
This exam is designed to evaluate and test a candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability as per the given situation with the material provided.
Group Discussion/ Personal Interview
Candidates who clear the written entrance exam for PG design course admissions at NIFT appear for Group Discussion (GD)/ Personal Interview (PI) round. This admission round is case study based. For GD, candidates are selected in groups and a topic will be given to them to speak about. It lasts approximately 15 minutes.
Detailed Exam Pattern for GAT:
|Section||No. of questions||No. of questions||No. of questions|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
|Section||No. of questions||No. of questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
Below is the exam structure for BFtech, MFtech, and MFM
|Duration of exam||180 minutes(3hrs)|
|Number of questions||150|
|Language of paper||English/Hindi|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Number of sections||5|
Test structure for BDes and MDes:
|Duration of exam||120 minutes||120 minutes|
|Number of questions||100||120|
|Language of paper||English/Hindi||English/Hindi|
|Mode of examination||Offline||Offline|
|Number of sections||5||5|
NIFT 2021 Cut Off:
The cut off is the minimum mark required to be eligible for the counselling session and admission procedure. The NIFT 2021 Cut Off will be declared soon after the release of the result. The cut off list will differ as per the participating college participated in the exam. The cut off is expected to be released in the month of March. The students can check the cut off on the official website. The cut off will help the authorities to shortlist the candidates for the counselling session.
The preparation of NIFT cutoff depends on various factors, such as
- Total number of candidates appearing in NIFT 2021
- Total number of candidates passing the entrance test
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Total seats
- Students’ performance in the exam
Weightage of Each Test(in%):
Bachelor of Design (BDes)
CAT - 50
GAT - 30
Situation Test - 20
Master of Design (MDes)
CAT - 40
GAT - 30
GD/PI - 30
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech)
GAT - 100
Master of Fashion Technology (MFTech)
GAT - 70
GD/PI - 30
Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
GAT - 70
GD/PI - 30
Course-wise seats available for admission in NIFT colleges for admissions this year as well as the seats on offer for admission last year.
NIFT 2021 Application Form:
Follow the steps listed below to complete the application process:
Step I: Register on the official website before proceeding to fill the NIFT 2021 Application Form. Upon successful registration, the applicant’s login credentials will be sent via email to the registered email address. Applicants should save this email for future reference.
Step II: Log in using the credentials to access and fill the Application Form. Fill in all the mandatory fields with correct details.
Step III: Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents to the Online Application Form:
1- Applicant’s recent passport-size coloured photograph in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 100 KB in memory size.
2- Applicant’s specimen signature in black on white background, in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 50 KB in memory size.
NIFT 2021 application fee for General/OBC (NCL) candidates is Rs.2000/-.
NIFT fee for SC/ST and PWD candidates is Rs.1000/-.
The application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ and demand draft.
The application fee is non-refundable.
A candidate who will pay the application fee through demand draft has to send the duly filled in application form (printout) along with the demand draft to the given address:-
The Project Manager CMS,
All India Management Association, Management House,
14 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003, India.
NIFT Entrance Exam Application Correction Window:
NIFT 2020 Counselling:
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) started the counseling process of B.Des on 9th September. The process will continue till 24 September. Each day a set of qualified candidates will be called for the admission process according to their merit rank secured in the NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam. Candidates have to bring their call letters provided by the authorities in their registered email. After allotment of seat, the candidate can download his/her Allotment Confirmation letter and Bill of Supply from the registration Portal.
Shortlisted candidates for Masters Programs from the written entrance examination are required to undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview(PI). GD would comprise approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned, on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on various parameters including:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- The contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
Candidates shall be evaluated on the various parameters as listed below by a panel, in the Personal Interview:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
NIFT Counselling 2020 is expected to commence from June 2020. Candidates are required to register through the official website in order to participate in the counselling process. The candidates need to enter their choice of campus for the counselling session. A System generated letter will be issued to shortlisted candidates with all details regarding counselling schedule and documents required for verification.
Though the institute does not charge any fee for the primary round of counselling, however each subsequent round of counselling would be charged at the rate of INR 5000. Further details of counseling like the mode, dates, and procedure will be available on the website in due course.
All-Academic Certificates up to qualifying examination are needed. In case of final exam appearing candidate whose result is due, all original mark sheet of the previous semester/years needs to be presented along with the date sheet/admit card for examination.
- Demand Draft of requisite fee in favour of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi has to be submitted. The candidate’s name, counselling date, contact number, program name, NIFT Rank and Roll Number should be clearly mentioned at the back of DD.
- Proof of DOB
- Documents in the prescribed format, in support of the claim of reservation.
- Parents Income Certificate as the basis for Tuition Fee funding.
- Medical certificate in the prescribed format issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking only provisional admission in case the qualifying examination result is due.
- Anti-Ragging Declaration and Declaration regarding Fee Refund.
For Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI:
- 5 (supernumerary) seats each at NIFT Campuses Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli & Srinagar (J&K).
- 3 (supernumerary) seats each at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Patna and Shillong.
- 7 seats will be available in each campus, of which 3 will be supernumerary. The 7 NIFT campuses are located at Patna, Kangra, Kannur, Bhopal, Shillong, Bhubaneswar and Jodhpur.
- 13 seats to be offered at NIFT Srinagar
NIFT 2021 Result:
How to check NIFT Results 2021?
- Go to the NIFT 2021 Exam official website. Candidates who appeared in NIFT 2021 exam can check their results from the link provided below.
- Click on the result link.
- Enter NIFT Application Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on Submit Button to view results.
- Save and take a printout of NIFT Scorecard for future references.
Cancellation of Admission
- If at any stage it is found that a candidate has got admission in any Campus /Programme on the basis of false information, or by hiding relevant facts or if it is found that admission was given due to any mistake or oversight, the admission granted to such candidate shall be liable to be cancelled forthwith without any notice at any time during the course of his/ her studies by the DG-NIFT and fee deposited by the candidate will be forfeited.
- If a candidate does not report to the allotted / re-allotted NIFT campus within 7 days of commencement of the session, the admission of the candidate will stand cancelled without any intimation and the tuition fee paid shall be forfeited.
- It will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to make sure that they are eligible and fulfil all the conditions prescribed for admission. Before the issue of admission receipt at the time of allotment of seats, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all eligibility criteria as laid down in Admission brochure.
- The merit ranking will be valid only for the programme/ category for which the candidate has appeared and cannot be utilized for admission to any other programme/ category. Further, the merit ranking of the candidate shall be valid only for the academic session 2020-21.
Details Present on NIFT 2021 Results:
NIFT 2021 Answer Key:
|NIFT Answer Key 2021 released date||January 22, 2021 (10:00 a.m)|
|Last date to challenge the answer key of NIFT 2021||January 24, 2021 (05.00 p.m)|
Steps to Download the Answer Key:
- Go to the official website of NIFT which is applyadmission.net
- Click on download NIFT answer key
- A new window will open wherein the candidates will have to provide their roll number, program, question booklet series, date of birth.
- The answer key will be displayed on the screen
- Evaluate your scores
Steps to raise objections against the Answer key:
- Go to the official website which is nift.ac.in.
- Click on the answer key
- Match the responses and raise objections in online mode
- For every objection raised against the answer key of NIFT, candidates would have to pay Rs 500 in online mode.
NIFT 2021 Eligibility:
NIFT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria for NIFT admissions varies from course to course. Candidates need to meet NIFT eligibility criteria 2021 in order to appear for NIFT entrance exam.
NIFT BDes Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates should have completed their Class 12 from a recognised board with passing marks to be eligible to appear for NIFT entrance exam 2021. Maximum age should be 23 years. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories.
NIFT BFTech Eligibility Criteria 2021
Aspirants should have completed their Class 12 from a recognised board wherein they have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should have secured passing marks in their Class 12 exam. Maximum age should be 23 years . The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories.
NIFT MDes Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates should have completed their undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognised institute or the university. There are no age limit criteria for NIFT admission in MDes course or Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
NIFT MFTech Eligibility Criteria 2021
Aspirants should have pursued BF Tech course at the undergraduate level to be eligible for MFTech course admissions. There are no age limit criteria for NIFT admission in the MDes course. • B.FTech or B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
NIFT MFM Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates should have completed their undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognised institute or the university. There are no age limit criteria for NIFT admission in MFM course or Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year/final semester/12th class (refer Annexure -I) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years /semesters of qualifying degree examination (whichever relevant).
The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree/certificate providing his/her eligibility on or before 30th September 2021 to their Campus Director/Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
In the case of candidates who have appeared for compartment examination(s) in the 12th standard, such candidates will be considered only for provisional admission. He/she will have to clear the compartment examination UNDER THE SAME BOARD, failing which the provisional admission will stand automatically cancelled and the entire fee will be forfeited.
Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling/ admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
NIFT 2021 FAQs:
Q: Can I select more than one programme?
A: No, more than one programme cannot be selected.
Q: Does NIFT provide any relaxation in the application fee for OBC category?
A: No, there is no fee relaxation for OBC and general category candidates.
Q: Can the exam centre be changed after submission of the NIFT application form?
A: A candidate cannot change the test centre after submitting the form.
Q: Is it mandatory to send the printout of the application form?
A: You have to send the printout of the filled NIFT 2021 application form along with demand draft only if you have paid the fee via DD.
Q: NIFT exam is conducted on how many times a year?
A: The NIFT exam is conducted once a year in the month of January.
Q: How will I get my admit card for NIFT 2021?
A: You can get your NIFT 2021 admit card from the official website of NIFT in January.
Q: Will there be any passage question in NIFT 2021?
A: Yes, there will be passage questions in the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section in NIFT 2021 exam.
Q: Which section has the most number of questions?
A: Among the 5 sections of NIFT 2021, English Comprehension and Communication Ability have the most with 50 questions.
Q: Is there any negative marking in NIFT exam?
A: No, there is no negative marking in the NIFT exam.
Q: What are the factors that affect the cut-off for NIFT 2021?
A: There are several factors that affect the cut-off for NIFT 2021, such as:
- Difficulty Level of The Exam
- Number of Candidates Appearing in The Exam
- Seat Availability
- Previous Year Cut-Off
Q: Can I change my personal and academic details in my application form after I have submitted it?
A: Yes, you can edit your personal and academic details if you have made any mistake before January 10, which is the last day of the registration.
Q: What are the documents required to upload during filling up the application form?
A: The documents that are to be uploaded during the filling of application form of NIFT 2021 are:
- Scanned mark sheets of X, XII, Bachelor's Degree (if needed)
- Scanned copy of degree certificate of Graduation (if needed)
- Work experience (if any)
- Latest passport size photograph
Q: When will the answer key be released and where can I get it from?
A: The answer key for NIFT 2021 will be released soon after the result is announced during the month of March 2020. You could download the answer key from the official site of NIFT.
Q: Can I get admission into NIFT's Bachelor program if I have 2 years gap in my academic career?
A: Yes, you can give the NIFT exam to get into any of the bachelor's degree program you want even though you have gap years. But you need to be under the age of 23 to pursue it.
Q: Which background diploma holder can apply for M.Des in NIFT?
A: Only those candidates who have a 3-year duration of Undergraduate Diploma from NIFT/NID can apply for this course.
Q: What are the best books to study if I am preparing for NIFT 2021?
A: Below is mentioned a few books that will help you clearing the NIFT 2021 exam:
- NIFT Exam Guide by Verma
- Popular Master Guide NIFT by R. Gupta
- Arihant NIFT Entrance Exam Self Study Guide
- NIFT Entrance Examination (Guide) by D Mittal
- Prashant Kumar’s NIFT Entrance Examination Preparation Guide
- NIFT Entrance Exams: Ultimate Success Series By Surendra
- NIFT Exam Guide by Dr. R. P. Datason