Knitwear Designing is a sub-branch of the designing industry which is a specialized course about knitting fabrics and the manufacturing technique. The course can also be pursued being a part of fashion design which includes entire tools and techniques along with manufacturing all kinds of fabrics. Nowadays, Knitwear Design has a special impact on sportswear and lingerie with specialized machinery and techniques.
The course certifies you as Designers, Creative Managers, Production Managers or an Entrepreneur. The Knitwear design course provides students an exposure to a number of subjects like fashion art and sketching, knitwear pattern making, production of cloth, different kinds of knitting, Design Process, Computerized aided knitting, trends, and forecasting for knitwear, knitwear production, and planning, retailing and marketing.
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology
- Asian Academy of Film And Television
- National Institute of Learning and Academics
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Pondicherry University
- WLC College India
The course in Knitwear designing offers both UG and PG courses. To pursue a Knitwear designing course you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
Criteria for undergraduate courses:
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 exam or any equivalent exam from any recognized national board.
- The aspirant candidates must have scored a minimum of 50%. There is a relaxation for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category of 5%.
- The age of the candidate must be below 23 years. 5 years relaxation is applied for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe or a Person with a disability.
Criteria for post-graduate courses:
The aspirant must have passed an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
There are several opportunities for a student to pursue Knitwear designing. Let's have a look at some major job prospects.
- Knitwear Designer – The knitwear designer delivers the ideation of designs, patterns and also manages the manufacturing of knitted apparel and accessories. The designers are involved in the fashion industry as well as exclusive knitwear manufacturing. After being a popular designer, you can work as a stylist and pattern maker and supply hand sketching or CAD for knitwear production.
- Fashion Forecasters – The fashion industry keeps changing every day. Therefore, as fashion forecasters, they must do complete research and analyze the fashion trend worldwide. The fashion forecasters along with fashion designers work together to help them develop new trends for the fashion market,
- Quality controllers for fabric – The quality controllers' work are to set standards for fabric and differentiates original quality from faux material. They are responsible for maintaining the quality of original fabrics from synthetic ones. They also make the consumer aware of it as some manufacturers adopt unethical practices and sell the faux material at a high cost. Therefore, the quality controller plays a vital role to stop such unethical practices in the fashion industry.
- Product Research Specialist – The Product research specialist for knitwear one develops new techniques for the development, quality improvement, and fabric color management methods for a better product. These researches help to analyze the trends for knitwear products. Product research specialist has a high demand in the Fashion and Design Industry