Teaching has always been the noblest career one can have. As a teacher, one plays a key role in social change in society. The teacher is responsible for brushing the student's intelligence and skill and for building up his / her temperament, well-rounded personality, and potential.
Among all the teachers, the early school teachers deal with the children. Primary school (or early childhood education) deals with children less than 8 years of age in kindergartens, nursery schools, or preschools.
- One will develop work and lesson plans in line with the curriculum objectives.
- Promote learning by building a partnership with peers
- Coordinating your learning materials and developing a productive learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- To learn and promote suitable skills and social skills to allow children to grow optimally, depending on their age, capacity, and abilities.
- Monitor and document success and train students for national assessments.
- Connect students ' knowledge to early learning and creative ways to promote more, stimulating, and encouraging students to help them expand their knowledge and understanding.
- Planning, scheduling, and introduction of lessons that address the needs of the whole capability spectrum within the curriculum.
- Motivating students with an energetic, creative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Preparing and identifying work to promote effective student growth
- meeting the criteria for the evaluation and documentation of the growth of pupils
- Providing updates to parents and guardians on student success at parents' evenings and other events.
There were 16.5 crore children in the 0–6 year age group in India as of 2011. In addition, there were 33,000 preschoolers in India in 2015. However, figures in India say that only 50 % of the population has access to pre-school education.
There can be a number of job titles in the field of pre-primary and primary school teachers.
- Kindergarten teacher
- Substitute teacher
Salaries and other rewards in pre-primary or primary teaching occupations are not as lucrative as other career paths in India. If one is well-motivated or is interested in teaching kids an early age can go for the same.
But, this is not an underpaid job. In addition, this career choice provides other kinds of rewards – social acceptance, personal fulfillment, and enjoyment.
- The average monthly salary of a pre-school teacher (in the first 5 years) ranges from Rs. 13,000 to Rs.20,000.
- Overseas nursery: Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month.
- With experience (say 6 – 10 years): Rs. 30,000 to 1 Lac per month.