Diploma in House Keeping is a Diploma certification course of 1 year that will lead to the booming hospitality sector. This course educates students about proficiency in House Keeping Management by making them understand all the functions of housekeepers and its related operations which include ground maintenance, mechanical services, planning, designing services, and project management services.
Read more: Is Hospitality Management The Right career Option For You?
Diploma in Housekeeping Course
Diploma in Housekeeping is one of the sub-branches of the hospitality industry. And like other courses, this course also offers theoretical as well as practical knowledge about the maintenance and the comfort of the individual who takes a visit to your place.
This course will make all the students understand all the housekeeping essentials, from responsibilities as well as laundry to the room decoration procedures and also understanding the cleaning products. All the dimensions of Housekeeping management are covered during this one-year Diploma course in Housekeeping. Students will be knowing all the dimensions of the housekeeping management profile. Adding to this knowledge will improve the candidate’s management skills. This course one of the most effective courses internationally for the students who are interested to lead in Housekeeping management.
Individuals working as a Housekeeping manager are responsible for the entire hotel premises that include the banquet halls, meeting rooms, guest room as well as reception area. Graduates in the Housekeeping field are now getting several opportunities in Hospitals, Resorts, hotels,lodges, Tour and Travel Agencies, Restaurants,Factories, etc.
Eligibility Criteria For Diploma in Housekeeping
To apply for a diploma in housekeeping, candidates must satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination from any recognized university.
- The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in +2.
- There are some colleges that may offer admission based on the marks secured in class 10th.
- The candidate should have English as one of the subjects in the qualifying examination.
- The criteria may be different for different institutes.
Admission Process ForDiploma in Housekeeping
- The admission to the diploma in housekeeping is done based on the entrance exam along with the marks secured in 12th.
- Some colleges conduct their entrance examination to examine communication skills.
- AIMA UGAT, BVP CET, AIHMCT WAT, and BIT Mesra Hotel Management Exam are some exams that offer an entry to a diploma in Housekeeping.
Diploma in Housekeeping: Top Institutes
|Amrapali Institute of Applied Sciences
|Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
|Allied Institute of hotel management and culinary arts
|All India Institute of Management Studies
|Ashok Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management
|Institute of Hotel Management
|FCI Institute of Management
|Institute of Hotel Management
|Gautam Institute of Hotel Management
|State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, and Applied Nutrition
|Maharshi Dayanand University
|MGR Institute of Hotel Management
|Pacific Institute of Hotel Management
|Pondicherry Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
|Ranjita Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
|State Institute of Hotel Management
|South Delhi Polytechnic for Women
Read also: What are the career scopes of Hospitality Industry in India?