Coronavirus: Universities in Odisha Asks Students To Vacate Hostels.
The Universities in Odisha ask Students to vacate hostels due to the Coronavirus outbreak. According to the Government of Odisha, the Universities will be shut down up to 15th of April 2020 till the situation of Covid-19 is brought in control.
"The regulation will be in force till 15th April which may be extended based on the situation. Appeal everyone to comply with the regulation and be part of Odisha’s efforts in protecting the people of the state from #COVID19" twitted by the Odisha's Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for the regulation of Covid-19.
Most of the Government Universities in the State such as Utkal University, Sambalpur University, Central University, Berhampur Univesity and many more have given notice to the students to Vacate the hostel. Whereas other Private Universities in Odisha like KIIT and SOA have taken preventive measures to check the spread of disease among the hostel residents. KIIT has released an advisory for the students staying in the hostel.
1. As for the holiday declaration by the government of Odisha as a preventive measure of the Corona Virus(COVID-19) thereat, KIIT University informs the boarders who will be staying in the hostel during the said period shall not be allowed either 'Entry' to or 'Exit' from their respective hostels(i.e they will not to go out of the hostel and should be confined themselves in the hostel) for the safety of their own health.
2. Those borders preferring to stay back in the hostel during the said period should submit an 'Undertaking' mentioning that they will be staying at their own risk.
All the exams have been postponed in Odisha up to April for the Coronavirus outbreak except the 12th boards. The Schools, Colleges, and public gathering places like Mall, Theater, Park, etc will remain closed up to 15th April 2020.
Overviews of Notice given by states government of Odisha to the Institutions:
1. All Government, Aided, Public and Private Schools of the State will remain closed and examination of all classes i.e from class I to IX and Class-XI stands postponed.
2. Schools must be closed and teachers must not attend schools but should remain available over the phone for specific instructions.
3. Examination for class 12th shall continue as per schedule.
4. Evaluation work for class-X and XII will continue as per schedule.
Coronavirus Outbreak Advisory, Its Symptoms, and Preventive Measures: Read Here
IITs, IIMs, Universities Shut till 31st March: Know More
Also Read: Schools, Colleges Closed Till March 31 In Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Manipur