Design is a broad area. It's a course that needs a creative mind with the ability to imagine and visualise things to give shape and size to things. It covers a wide range of subjects such as interior design, product design, fashion design, ad design, graphic design, etc.
Know more: Fashion Designing: Career, Courses, and Top Institutes
Fashion technology colleges in West Bengal- a state of happiness and historically regarded as the cultural capital of India. The state has so many things that we can't even dream about writing all the specialities in a single article. The state has a history of creating global fashion pioneers and educationalists in the field of fashion. The state has a host of well-known fashion institutes such as INIFD Kolkata, NIFT Kolkata, Amity Kolkata School of Fashion Technology, etc. These top fashion design colleges in West Bengal are ranked as the best fashion design colleges in India. In this post, we will learn about the design programs and institutions in West Bengal.
Some of the top fashion technology colleges in West Bengal are:
NIFT Kolkata: National Institute of Fashion and Technology
NIFT Kolkata provides undergraduate courses in disciplines such as BDes Fashion Technology (FD), Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production), BDes Leather Design (LD), BDes Garment Design (TD), BDes Fashion Contact (FC), BDes Accessories Design (AD) and BDes Knitwear Design (KD). NIFT Kolkata offers only one PG course, Master in Fashion Management (MFM).
- Applicants may apply for admission to UG programmes offered at NIFT Kolkata if they have passed the 10+2 level of the recognized institute. Applicants should have finished their undergraduate course from an accredited institute/college/university for PG course admissions.
- In order to follow the Continuing Education (CE) course available at the NIFT Kolkata campus, applicants should have the minimum qualifying requirements of 10+2 standard of education.
Inter National Fashion Design Institute (INIFD) is a private Fashion Design Institute based in Saltlake District, Kolkata. The Institute is renowned for its Fashion and Interior Design classes. It is among the hubs of the world's biggest chain of fashion institutes, the Inter-National Fashion Design Institute (INIFD). It was ranked the National A++ Hub for Apparel and Interior Design in India.
INIFD provides specializations like:
- Two years of advance course in the field of fashion and interior designing
- Three years of Specialisation Program in fashion designing and interior designing
- Lastly Two-Year Super Specialisation Program in fashion and interior designing
- Applicants willing to take admission should have passed class 10 and 12 from a recognized board.
FDDI: Footwear Design and Development Institute
Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI), Noida Campus is one of the 12 leading educational and training institutions of the FDDI Group. The Institute is committed to the growth and advancement of the Leather Goods, Footwear & Product, Retail and Apparel Products and Fashion Design industries. It has also been classified as a National Significance Organization under the FDDI Act 2017 and is one of four institutes nationwide providing advanced learning in Footwear and Product Design, Manufacturing and Management.
- Applicant must pass class 12 or equivalent of a designated board (candidates appearing in Class 12 can also apply)
- Bachelor's degree from a well-known institution in Footwear/Leather Goods/Design/ Fashion/Fine Arts/Architecture/Engineering
Amity University, Kolkata
Amity University, Kolkata offers 69 streaming courses, including Advertisement and PR, Applied Sciences, Design, Biotechnology, Commerce, Computer Science and IT, Economics, Education, Engineering, English Literature, Atmosphere, Design, Cinema and Theater, Fine Arts, Hospitality Industry, Language, Law, Management, Mass Media, Nanotechnology, Psychology and Behavioral Science, Social Sciences
- A minimum of 50 per cent for Class 10 and Class 12 (55 per cent for non-supported PCMs and 50 per cent for sponsored categories)
- BCA or graduation of math as a subject/Mathematics in Class 12.
Pearl University, Kolkata
The Pearl Academy provides architecture, fashion and business programmes to applicants. A famous architecture college in India, the Pearl Academy has its own admission process, which is arranged in different cycles. Pearl Academy Entry Exam (also widely referred to as the PAF Entry Exam) followed by an Individual Interview Session. Applicants are told that a separate section entrance test, as well as an interview method round, is performed in each entry period of the Pearl Academy. Aspirants can gain access to the various UG, PG and Diploma courses administered at the Pearl Academy by completing the written entrance and interview process.
- Applicants follow the qualifying requirements for entry in this course if they have passed their 10+2 or equivalent in any speciality from an approved board with at least 50% aggregate scores.
- Students who have a graduate degree (in any field) are eligible to apply for the Fashion Styling & Model Design course offered at the Pearl Academy campuses.
- A minimum score of MAT 500 or higher
- Minimum CAT score of 60 percentile or higher
- Minimum GMAT score of 450 or higher
GIFT, Kolkata: Global Institute of Fashion Technology
The Global Institute of Fashion Technology (GIFT) is well recognised in the nation for its advanced modelling programmes. The Institute's design programs are structured to improve student skills and expertise on design ideas and values, techniques and project management. The numerous courses offered by the institute include a Diploma in Fashion Design, Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design, Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design. GIFT invites concerned students to consult with the campus advisor for guidance.
- 10+2 Passed/Appearing candidates will be eligible for a Bachelor's degree and graduate (any discipline) candidates are eligible for a Master's degree.
Innovation, creativity, integrity is what requires in the field of fashion designing. The aspirants willing to go for the field can look up to the above-mentioned institutes and start preparing for their upcoming career accordingly.
Read more: Could not crack NIFT? Here are other options for Fashion Designing
Read also: Give Wings To Your Creativity With Designing Careers