Engineering aspirants look after the most popular entrance exams for their selection in B.Tech programs in top universities in India. Some entrances like MET and AEEE draw the attention of the students.
MET or Manipal Entrance Test is conducted for admission into various B.Tech programs offered by the Manipal University. This test is a computer-based test and is conducted online. It is conducted across various cities of India and in Dubai.
AEEE or Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering is conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Deemed to be University) for admission into the undergraduate engineering programs offered by the University. The authorities will conduct the AEEE 2021 in both computer-based test (CBT) and pen and paper tests (PBT). Candidates seeking admission into the University will be able to apply through both the AEEE 2021 exam / JEE Main 2021 where 70 percent of the seats will be allotted through AEEE while the other 30 percent seats are allotted on the basis of JEE Mains 2021.
|Conducting Body||Manipal University||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham|
|Mode Of Exam||Remote Proctored Online Test and Centre based Online Test||Remote Proctored Mode and Computer Based Test|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a Year||Thrice a Year|
|Total Marks||240 Marks||180 Marks|
|Time Duration||120 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Mode of Application||Online||Online and Offline|
|Application Fees||Rs 2000/||Rs 1000/-|
||3 marks per every correct answer & -1 for every incorrect answer.|
Read more: Manipal University (MU) Jaipur: Serving Mankind Since 67 Years
MET vs AEEE : Diffrences
|Manipal University||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham|
Met applicants must have passed 10+2, IB, A-level, American 12th grade, or any equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least 50% of marks in compulsory subjects which include Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and English.
AEEE aspirants must pass in 12th class or equivalent from a recognized board with 55% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics separately and an aggregate minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.?
The only reason why AEEE is considered easier than MET is because of its question Pattern and the total marks of both the exams.
MET question paper has four sections; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & General Aptitude. A total of 200 multiple choice questions are available which sums up 800 marks in total. The time duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. 3 marks is awarded per every correct answer & 1 negative mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
The AEEE question paper has four sections; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English & General Aptitude which consists of 60 Multiple Choice Questions. The total mark is 180 marks for which the candidates are given 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete the paper. 3 marks is awarded per every correct answer & 1 negative mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
MET counseling is conducted in online mode. Candidates are required to upload their 11th & 12th class documents and JEE Mains 2021 scorecard / SAT score / any state CET marks on their official website. During the MET counseling and seat allotment process, candidates have to register and fill their preferred choices for college online and seats will be allotted based on merit. MAHE will also conduct additional spot-round counseling.
AEEE candidate will have to next get all essential documents verified. Along with the originals, the candidate must bring a photocopy of each document and demand draft. Its counseling is conducted in the following centers; Karnataka, Bengaluru, Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore.
MET is considered quite tough than AEEE. In MET, candidates will have to answer 200 questions in 150 minutes which will be a bit difficult. Candidates need to as fast as possible to solve all the questions in the allotted time. Whereas in AEEE candidates need to solve 60 questions in 90 minutes, which is supposed to have a far better time ratio as compared to MET. Also in MET, more than two lakhs aspirants fight for some 2040 seats. In AEEE, approximately 70000 applicants have applied for AEEE and candidates can find multiple branches of Amrita University for their admission in the available B.Tech courses.
Know also: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham: The Top-ranked Private University