Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardized test conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Any B-school whether it’s national or international can consider MAT Score as the yardstick for admission to their MBA programs. MAT has been administered since 1988 and it was approved by Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD as a national level test in 2003. Being one of the largest tests of its kind in the country, MAT continues to be the gateway to over 600 B-Schools across India. MAT is a national-level MBA entrance test conducted 4 times a year in the month of February, May, September, and December.
MAT 2021 Highlights:
Below are some important information regarding the MAT 2021 Exam
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|MAT Official Website|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||IBT, PBT & CBT|
|The validity of MAT Score||1 year|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
MAT 2021 Schedule:
All India Management Association (AIMA) has been announced the MAT 2021 Exam dates.
|MAT 2021 Exam Date||Dates & Schedule for Paper Based Test||Dates for Computer Based test||Dates & Schedule for IBT Mode|
|Last Date to Apply||August 29, 2021||CBT-1: Aug 14, 2021
CBT-2: Sept 4,2021
|In different phases – August 25 to September 9, 2021|
|Admit card Download start date||August 30, 2021||CBT-1:August 17, 2021
CBT-2:Sept 6, 2021
|In different phases from August 26 to September 10, 2021|
|Last Date for Admit Card download||September 5, 2021||CBT-1:August 21, 2021
|August 28 to September 12, 2021|
|Exam Date||September 5, 2021||CBT-1:August 21, 2021
CBT-2: Sept 12, 2021
|August 28 to September 12, 2021|
|Result Date||September 24, 2021||September 24, 2021||September 24, 2021|
|Score Card Download Starts||September 24, 2021||September 24, 2021||September 24, 2021|
|Last date to download Score Card||Available for one year||Available for one year||Available for one year|
|Application process begins||Fourth week of December 2021||MAT Application Form|
|Last Date of Online Registration||Second week of February 2022||Depending on the respective exam dates of MAT IBT, CBT, and PBT|
|Availability of Admit Card||Second week of February 2022||MAT Admit Card|
|Exam Date||Third week of February 2022||MAT Exam Dates are different for all modes|
||Held in 2 shifts (morning and evening)|
|Declaration of Result||March 2022||MAT Result|
MAT 2021 Admit Card:
All Indian Management Association (AIMA) will release the admit card of MAT 2021 (Management Aptitude Test) PBT mode on the 26th of May. The CBT mode admits card will be released on the 10th of June. The exam will be conducted for the PBT exam on the 30th of May. The admit card contains the exam details like exam center, date & timing of the exam, roll no. etc. The candidate should keep their admit card with them while appearing for the entrance exam.
How To Download MAT (May Session) 2021 Online?
- Go to the official website of MAT 2021 - May
- Under the Download section, Click on "MAT Admit Card"(PBT/CBT)
- Log in to the website with your respective credentials
- Review the admit card shown on the screen
- Download and take a print of the admit card for the exam and future use
Check the MAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
Exam day guidelines
Print the Admit card on an A4-size paper, preferably using a Laser Printer - Admit Card is valid only if the Candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
Make necessary arrangements for travel, food, accommodation (if any), and any other expenses (including those on account of medical emergencies).
Before leaving for the Test Centre, Candidates are requested to verify and carry their original ID proof and the printed Admit card.
They should carry a pen if they are taking the exam in PBT mode.
Ensure to affix the Photograph, as required, in the space provided on the Admit Card before handing it over for verification at the Test Centre. Affix the same photograph which was uploaded during the application process.
The test takers are advised to reach their allotted test centers for MAT exam at least an hour before the exam timings
Deposit all personal belongings such as mobile phone, bag, wallets, jackets, jewelry, watch, electronic gadgets, stationary items, etc. at the Test Centre Entrance Gate.
Maintain silence and remain in Queue during (a) entry to the Test Centre (b) frisking process (c) document verification and (d) biometric verification and (e) exiting the Test Centre.
Cooperate with Test Center staff during document Verification and Frisking.
Use the Reference Number printed on the Admit Card, to check the location of Exam Lab from the List displayed on the Notice Board at the Test Centre.
At the Console, use the Mouse to select the right Option as answer for an MCQ
Return Writing Pad with all pages intact and Pen post completion of the Exam to the Invigilator.
Ask for any help required in course of the Exam from Test Centre Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Mandatorily provide your attendance in the Form with signature when asked for in the Exam Lab.
After the Exam, handover the duly signed Admit Card to the Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Documents required to take to the exam center
Admit card: Two copies (printouts) of the MAT admit card
Identity proof: Any of the following documents (in original): Voter ID, Aadhar Card Election I-Card, Passport, Driving License, and PAN Card
After the examinations, the results will be declared by the conducting authority within a few days on the official website. The candidate will be selected on a merit basis which is based on the cutoffs decided by various institutions for admission into their programs
Caste certificate (if applicable): If you belong to SC/ST/OBC category, you are required to carry caste certificate
MAT 2021 Syllabus:
There is no particular format or questionnaire syllabus for MAT 2021. The syllabus is based on past trends of MAT question papers and it is drawn from the topics which have been asked in previous MAT exams. However, their composition, format, and number may vary with each subsequent edition of MAT. MAT 2021 is an objective-type paper.
The candidates must understand the syllabus of the exam and the exam pattern well before they start the exam preparation. Read below section-wise syllabus of MAT and related key points to keep in mind.
Indian & Global Environment Section:
- Current affairs
- World Records
- Top officials of big companies
- Famous awards and Prizes
- Books and Authors
- The punch line of companies
- History of International Organization
- Important Quotations
- Social issues
- Major Corporate news
- Science, Entertainment and Politics
Data Analysis and Sufficiency / Mathematical Skills:
- Geometry ( Angles, Lines, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cone, Cube, etc)
- Ratios and Proportion
- Number system
- Work and time
- HCF & LCM
- Profit & Loss
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Geometric Progression
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism
- Fill In the Blanks
- Contextual usage
- Different usage of the same word
- Sentence completion
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Foreign language words used in English
- Sentence correction
- One-word substitution
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
- Family tree
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Course of Action
- Visual reasoning
- Numeric grid
- Pie Chart
- Critical Reasoning
- Coding & Decoding
- Statement Conclusions
- Column graphs
- Graphs representing Area
Read Also 5 steps to crack MAT Exam without a bump
MAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
Mat is conducted 4 times a year to get admission into a B-school. The test duration of the MAT exam is 150 minutes for 200 questions. The level of difficulty remains easy to moderate.
Marking Scheme And Scoring Pattern
- Each correct answer is awarded a +1 mark and each wrong question is penalized with a negative marking of -0.25 mark. The scoring pattern of MAT is different as the MAT score card displays a scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of raw scores
- Merit Score in MAT is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the MAT 2021 scorecard.
- Candidates have the option to switch between the sections as there is no time limit for a particular section
- The Mode of Examination is English
- Mode of Examination is Remote protected (IBT) online(CBT) and offline(PBT)
Pen-Paper based MAT 2021 exam mode:
Here is a glimpse of the pen and paper-based examination
Guidelines of Paper Based Examination MAT 2021
- The Candidates will be provided with a sealed question paper and an OMR answer booklet
- Fill in all the necessary details carefully
- The candidates have to sign the attendance sheet
- Answers are to be marked in the answer sheet provided separately
- Once an oval is darkened, it cannot be re-edited. Do not darken for than one oval at a time for a single question
- Do not tear or bend the answer sheet
- No separate booklet will be provided for rough work. It has to be done on the question booklet
- Use blue/black pen to mark the answers
- The answers will be scanned by the machine and scores are computed accordingly
Click here to view the MAT 2021 Syllabus
Guidelines of Computer Based Examination MAT 2021
- The candidate should have the basic familiarity with operating computer at least with the mouse and the keyboard
- Fill in the details provided on the screen
- A sectional jump is allowed. There is no sectional time.
- All questions will be of MCQ based
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided
Note: All exam centers are equipped with security measures and the candidate's activities will be monitored and recorded. Therefore, Violating any rule or conducting any malpractice will result in disqualification
The Candidate has to choose the mode of exam i.e PBT or CBT mode during the Registration Process
MAT 2021 Cut Off:
The cut-off mark for MAT 2021 will be released by the authorities soon after the declaration of the result. The cut-off for February 2020 session is expected to be released in the month of February only. The cut-off is decided on the basis of no of applicants, exam difficulty level, and the reservation criteria. Looking at this year's stats, it is expected that the cut-off for MAT 2020 (May Session) might go higher. Combining the result and the cut-off mark, the merit list for the eligible candidates will be made by the authorities. The following counseling session and admission procedure will be conducted as per this merit list.
Select the institutes where you have applied or are applying for admission. Candidates are advised to check the approval/recognition status of various programs directly from the concerned Authorities/ Institutes/ Universities.
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam
- Total number of candidates appearing in MAT 2021
- Total number of the seats available
AIMA has come across a couple of cases where the aspiring candidates' MAT score is not accepted by some participating institutes/universities for admission to an MBA full-time course despite their confirmation to AIMA MAT at the time of participation by incorporating their notifications in MAT e-bulletin. Candidates are advised to recheck with the concerned institutes/universities before applying for MAT.
Here is the list of Top B-schools and their expected cut-off
|B-Schools||Expected MAT cut off score|
Candidates scoring marks equal to or more than the cut off will be eligible for the next rounds of admission into the institutes. This will be decided after the results are released. The dates have been released by the conducting body officially on their website. The candidates are advised to keep a check on the website of their preferred college.
If the candidate's scores are not satisfying the cutoffs, then he/she may apply for the registration process of the next session of the ATMA Exam. If the candidate has scored equal to or more than the cutoff marks set by the institution then he/she is eligible for further rounds and the counseling process.
MAT 2021 Application Form:
The interested candidates can apply for the entrance exam via online mode only. The candidates have to log in to the official website of MAT 2021 to apply for the entrance exam. The required documents should be kept prepared for the application form. The application fee will also have to be paid during the application submission procedure. The payment for the form can be made via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking and also via Demand Draft. The DD should be made in favor of AIMA and should be payable at Delhi. The DD should be sent to the authorities on the below address before the due date.
How to Apply For MAT 2021 Online?
- Go to the registration link of MAT 2021
- If you're a new candidate, then create a login ID on the website
- Fill the details like valid email id and mobile number to receive the OTP
- Verify the Confirmation of New login sent to your mail
- If you've created it already, Log in to the website with your respective credentials such as email id, password, date of birth
- Pay the application fee through Debit card /Credit card /Net Banking/Wallet or UPI
- Upload all the required documents in image form
- Fill up the application form with the required information
- Recheck the application form and submit the details
- Save the details for the future use
After the successful completion of the registration process, the Admit Card will be released on the official website which will be notified to the candidate. Once the admit card has been released, the candidate can enter the Login ID and password and download the Admit Card. After that, the candidate must take out the printout of the Admit Card to the examination center in order to appear the test. Without the Admit Card, He/She will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Essential Documents For Registration
- Valid Email ID (the email should remain valid for at least 1 year)
- Image of scanned photograph in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not less than 20 KB and more than 150KB
- Image of scanned signature in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not less than 20KB and more than 150KB
- Personal details
- Educational qualification details
MAT 2021 Application Fee:
- For Computer Based Test (CBT): INR 1650/-
- For Both PBT & CBT: INR 2750/-
- 3. For Paper-Based Test (PBT): INR 1650/-
If a candidate wants to opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT, he or she has to pay an extra fee of Rs. 1100/- in addition to Rs. 1550/-.
The candidate has to pay an additional fee of INR 118 for each Management Institutes he or she chooses.
The candidates opting for both PBT and CBT will get the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions to send their scores in addition to the existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutions i.e. in total, they can select 7 Management Institutions.
Click here to know the detailed Syllabus
Below is the test centers for both Computer Based(CBT) and Paper-Based (PBT) MAT Exam. However certain cities only conduct PBT based Exam.
|AHMEDABAD||HYDERABAD||NAGPUR||SRINAGAR(Only PBT)||GURGAON(Only PBT)|
|BENGALURU||INDORE||PATNA||ROURKELA(Only PBT)||GHAZIABAD(Only PBT)|
|BHOPAL||JAIPUR||PUNE||MENGALURU(Only PBT)||DURGAPUR(Only PBT)|
|BHUBANESWAR||JAMMU||RAIPUR||MEERUT(Only PBT)||DIBRUGARH(Only PBT)|
|CHANDIGARH||KOCHI||RANCHI||MADURAI(Only PBT)||BHILAI(Only PBT)|
|CHENNAI||KOLKATA||THIRUVANANTHAPURAM||LUDHIANA(Only PBT)||ALLAHABAD(Only PBT)|
|COIMBATORE||KOTTAYAM||TRICHY||KANPUR(Only PBT)||BAREILLY(Only PBT)|
|DEHRADUN||KOZHIKODE||VARANASI||JAMSHEDPUR(Only PBT)||ALLAHABAD(Only PBT)|
|DELHI (NCR)||LUCKNOW||VIJAYAWADA||IMPHAL(Only PBT)||
MAT score is accepted by many institutions in India. Check List of Top Management Schools Accepting MAT Score in Your Region
MAT 2021 Counselling:
The counseling session for MAT 2021 is conducted after the result declaration of the result for the entrance exam. The counseling session conducted will allow the candidates to get admitted in various MBA & PGDM programs under the participating colleges. The notification for the counseling session will be available on the official website of AIMA as well as the respective colleges' official website. The candidates will be allotted with seats as per their performance and merit list. To participate in the counseling session, the candidates need to register themselves online on the respective website and get the date for their counseling session. The candidates also have to submit their counseling fees online. The candidate can also apply for offline counseling. In that case, they have to appear at the allocated center along with all their original documents for the counseling & document verification process.
AIMA does not conduct any centralized counseling process, every institute has its own admission process along with specific cut-offs
MAT Mock Test 2021
The questions in the exam paper of MAT always surprise the aspirant by the tricky questions and critical pattern. So the best solution to tackle every section is appearing Mock tests. The mock test is considered as the pre-exam preparation that offers question patterns for practice. It helps the students to know the exam pattern, question type & the difficulty level before the main exam.
MAT Mock Test 2021 download process-
- Click on the link for MAT Mock Test 2021.
- There will be a pdf file.
- Download the sample paper for practice
Documents required for Counseling:
- Admit Card
- MAT 2020 Rank Letter
- Date of Birth Certificate
- 10th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Reservation Category Certificate(if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- One set of Self-attested copy of Original documents
- Bank Draft
- MAT 2021 Score Card
- 12th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Documents
- 6 passport size colored photographs
Details about the GD-PI round:
Aspirants who secure the minimum cut off marks will have to participate in Group Exercise and Personal Interaction. Every institution holds these rounds separately. The candidates will be notified of the date, time, venue of through Email. Individuals who wish to be admitted to PGDM/MBA programs of different colleges accepting the MAT score will have to attend all rounds of GD-PI. These rounds are explained in brief below:
Group Exercise: This round assesses the ability of candidates to apply logic and reasons. It brings out the individual’s ability to make decisions and his management skills are highlighted.
Personal Interaction: This is the most crucial part of the selection procedure. The aspirant’s overall personality and confidence will be evaluated. Students must confidently answer questions related to their own academic area and work experience.
Here is the table for Top MAT Coaching Centers all over India-
Teachwell Professional Studies Institute Pvt. Ltd, Smart Prep Education Pvt. Ltd.
Career Launcher India Ltd, Global Smart Infotech &
EducationErudite Education, Worldwin
Elite IIT, IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd
IMS Test Preparation, InformationInfocation – A unit of Nices
MAT 2021 Result:
The result for MAT 2021 - May session is declared on the official website. After declaration, the candidates will be able to check their results by visiting the official website. The candidates should also know that the result will not be sent to them via any other medium.
On the basis of the results, the candidates can apply to the colleges according to the cutoff set by the institutions. They must keep a check on the deadline for applying to the institution. The scores will be valid for one year.
How To Check MAT 2021 Result Online?
- Go to the official website of MAT 2021
- Under the download section, click on the "MAT Result" link
- Log in to the site by entering your Regd. no & Roll no in the given box
- Download the scorecard for future use
After the results, the candidate will be called for further rounds of admission and counseling process.
The candidate can check the Complete list of top colleges accepting the MAT score region-wise and apply accordingly. The candidates need to pay Rs 100 through demand draft per institute if they want to send their scores offline
Here is the list of top colleges Accepting MAT Score:
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management
- IILM Institute for Higher Education
- Fortune Institute of International Business
- International Management Centre
- Chandigarh University
- Chitkara University
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- IMM-FOSTIIMA Business School
Details present in the scorecard:
- Candidate's name
- Candidate's roll number
- Candidate's date of birth
- MAT sectional scores
- MAT overall score
- MAT composite scores
- MAT percentile
If the candidate does not clear the cutoffs, he/she can re-attempt the exam in the next session as MAT is conducted multiple times in a year. The exam pattern remains the same across all the sessions of the exam.
MAT 2021 Answer Key:
Management Aptitude Test is organized 4 times a year i.e. in the month of February, May, September, and December. The answer key is not released officially by the conducting authority. However many coaching institutes release the unofficial answer key from which the candidate can check their answers and evaluate their raw scores.
How to evaluate Raw Scores?
- Each correct answer is awarded a +1 mark
- Each wrong question is penalized with a negative marking of -0.25 mark
- No marks deducted for unanswered questions
MAT 2021 Eligibility:
Candidates must fulfill some criteria to be eligible for filling the application form for the MAT exam. However, mere fulfillment of the minimum MAT 2021 eligibility criteria is not an assurance to the candidate’s selection in a management institute accepting MAT score for admission. The eligibility criteria remain unchanged.
- Candidates need to have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or,
- A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it or,
- A professional degree like CA/ICWA/CS
- There is no age restriction to appear for the MAT 2021 exam
- There’s no minimum mark required to be eligible for MAT. But candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
Those who are awaiting their final year results of Graduation will be granted provisional admission to the MBA program if they get shortlisted by the B-school on the basis of MAT score. However, they need to submit a certificate from the Registrar/Principal of the College stating that the candidate has completed all the prerequisites for getting the Bachelor’s Degree on the certificate issue date.
MAT 2021 FAQs:
Q: How many times the MAT entrance exam is being conducted per year?
A: The MAT entrance exam is being conducted four 4 times a year.
Q: What is the minimum qualification required to appear in the MAT exam?
A: Candidates need to have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.
A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it.
There’s no minimum mark required to be eligible for MAT. But candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
Q: What is the minimum age criteria to appear on the MAT exam?
A: There is no minimum and maximum age for the MAT exam. Any age candidates can apply for the MAT entrance exam but a minimum bachelor qualification is needed.
Q: Is an offline mode exam available in the MAT?
A: Yes, MAT conducted both online mode (Computer-based)as well as offline mode (Pen and paper-based) exam.
Q: I have filled the offline mode of the exam, am I eligible for online mode?
A: No. While filling the application form there is an option for a mode of exam, so you have to choose your suitable mode where you are more comfortable. Once the application form is registered you can not change the mode.
Q: Can you give me the exam pattern for MAT 2021?
- Subjects- (Mathematical Skills, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment).
- A number of questions- Each section contains 40 questions.
- Time duration- 150 minutes
Q: Which are better Computer-based Test or Pen and Paper-based exam?
A: Both are good on their own. If you are comfortable with computer-based then go for otherwise, you select the pen and paper-based mode.
Q: How many top institutions participate in the MAT exam?
A: More than 600 management institutions participate in the MAT every year.
Q: What is the difference between CAT and MAT?
A: Both are the entrance exam for Management Studies. CAT is an online mode exam while the MAT is both computer-based and pen-paper-based exam. But the CAT question level is tough in comparison to MAT.
Q: When will the MAT counseling start?
A: The counseling session for MAT 2021 is conducted after the result declaration of the result for the entrance exam.
Q: Who conducts MAT?
A: The MAT is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA).
Q: What are courses offered through MAT?
A: Through MAT, MBA/PGDM programs are offered.
Q: What is the validity of the MAT score?
A: The validity of the MAT score is up to 1 year.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in MAT?
A: No, there is no such sectional time limit in MAT. But students are advised to finish each section within 30 minutes.