Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardized test conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programs. Any B-school whether it’s national or international can consider MAT Score as the yardstick for admission to their MBA programs. MAT has been administered since 1988 and it was approved by Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD as a national level test in 2003. Being one of the largest tests of its kind in the country, MAT continues to be the gateway to over 600 B-Schools across India. MAT is a national level MBA entrance test conducted 4 times in a year in the month of February, May, September, and December.
- MAT 2020 CBT Mode Registration till 23rd December,Apply here
- MAT 2020 PBT mode Registration extended till 1st December,Check details here
- MAT Admit Card 2020 for the December session. Click here
- MAT 2020 September PBT Mode Result Announced. Check Here
- MAT 2020 PBT Mode Admit Card Released. Download Here
- MAT 2020 September PBT Mode Schedule Changed. Check New Dates
- MAT 2020 September Session PBT Mode Schedule Released
- MAT 2020 Results of IBT May Announced: Download the Scorecard
- MAT 2020 declared its IBT mode Exam Schedule for September
- MAT 2020 May Session PBT and CBT Mode Exams Cancelled, Check Here
- MAT 2020:Remotely Proctored Internet-Based Test Introduces by AIMA
- MAT 2020 May session exam has been rescheduled to June, Check here
MAT 2021 Highlights:
Below are some important information regarding the MAT 2021 Exam
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|MAT Official Website|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||PBT & CBT|
|The validity of MAT Score||1 year|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or [email protected]|
All India Management Association (AIMA) has been announced the MAT 2021 Exam dates.
MAT 2021 PBT Important Dates:
|Registration ends||3rd March 2021|
|Admit card availability||3rd March 2021|
|Exam date||6th March 2021|
Last Date for MAT 2021 CBT mode Online Registration
16th February 2021
MAT 2021 CBT mode Availability of Admit Card
16th February 2021
MAT 2021 CBT mode Entrance Exam Date
20th February 2021
MAT 2021 Admit Card:
All Indian Management Association (AIMA) has released the admit card of MAT 2021 (Management Aptitude Test) PBT mode on 3rd March. The exam will be conducted on 6th March. The admit card contains the exam details like exam center, date & timing of the exam, roll no. etc. The candidate should keep their admit card with them while appearing for the entrance exam.
How To Download MAT (February Session) 2021 Online?
- Go to the official website of MAT 2021 - February
- Under the Download section, Click on "MAT Admit Card"(PBT/CBT)
- Log in to the website with your respective credentials
- Review the admit card shown on the screen
- Download and take a print of the admit card for the exam and future use
Check the MAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
Exam day guidelines
Print the Admit card on an A4-size Paper, preferably using a Laser Printer - Admit Card is valid only if the Candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
Make necessary arrangements for travel, food, accommodation (if any) and any other expenses (including those on account of medical emergencies).
Before leaving for the Test Centre, Candidates are requested to verify and carry their original ID proof and the printed Admit card.
They should carry a pen if they are taking the exam in PBT mode.
Ensure to affix the Photograph, as required, in the space provided on the Admit Card before handing over for verification at the Test Centre. Affix the same photograph which was uploaded during the application process.
The test takers are advised to reach their allotted test centres for MAT exam at least an hour before the exam timings
Deposit all personal belongings such as mobile phone, bag, wallets, jackets, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, stationary items, etc. at the Test Centre Entrance Gate.
Maintain silence and remain in Queue during (a) entry to the Test Centre (b) frisking process (c) document verification and (d) biometric verification and (e) exiting the Test Centre.
Cooperate with Test Center staff during document Verification and Frisking.
Use the Reference Number printed on the Admit Card, to check the location of Exam Lab from the List displayed on the Notice Board at the Test Centre.
At the Console, use the Mouse to select the right Option as answer for an MCQ
Return Writing Pad with all pages intact and Pen post completion of the Exam to the Invigilator.
Ask for any help required in course of the Exam from Test Centre Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Mandatorily provide your attendance in the Form with signature when asked for in the Exam Lab.
After the Exam, handover the duly signed Admit Card to the Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Documents required to take to the exam center
Admit card: Two copies (printouts) of MAT admit card
Identity proof: Any of the following documents (in original): Voter ID, Aadhar Card Election I-Card, Passport, Driving License and PAN Card
After the examinations, the results will be declared by the conducting authority within a few days on the official website. The candidate will be selected on a merit basis which is based on the cutoffs decided by various institutions for admission into their programs
Caste certificate (if applicable): If you belong to SC/ST/OBC category, you are required to carry caste certificate
MAT 2021 Syllabus:
There is no particular format or questionnaire syllabus for MAT 2021. The syllabus is based on past trends of MAT question papers and it is drawn from the topics which have been asked in previous MAT exams. However, their composition, format, and number may vary with each subsequent edition of MAT. MAT 2021 is an objective type paper.
The candidates must understand the syllabus of the exam and the exam pattern well before they start the exam preparation. Read below section-wise syllabus of MAT and related key points to keep in mind.
Indian & Global Environment Section:
- Current affairs
- World Records
- Top officials of big companies
- Famous awards and Prizes
- Books and Authors
- The punch line of companies
- History of International Organization
- Important Quotations
- Social issues
- Major Corporate news
- Science, Entertainment and Politics
Data Analysis and Sufficiency / Mathematical Skills:
- Geometry ( Angles, Lines, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cone, Cube, etc)
- Ratios and Proportion
- Number system
- Work and time
- HCF & LCM
- Profit & Loss
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Geometric Progression
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism
- Fill In the Blanks
- Contextual usage
- Different usage of the same word
- Sentence completion
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Foreign language words used in English
- Sentence correction
- One-word substitution
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
- Family tree
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Course of Action
- Visual reasoning
- Numeric grid
- Pie Chart
- Critical Reasoning
- Coding & Decoding
- Statement Conclusions
- Column graphs
- Graphs representing Area
Read Also 5 steps to crack MAT Exam without a bump
MAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
Mat is conducted 4 times in a year to get admission into a B-school. The test duration of the MAT exam is 150 minutes for 200 questions. The level of difficulty remains easy to moderate.
Marking Scheme And Scoring Pattern
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and each wrong question is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark. The scoring pattern of MAT is different as the MAT score card displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of raw scores
- Merit Score in MAT is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the MAT 2021 scorecard.
- Candidates have the option to switch between the sections as there is no time limit for a particular section
- Mode of Examination is English
- Mode of Examination is both online(CBT) and offline(PBT)
Check previous year cutoffs
No. of Questions
Time Suggested (Minutes)
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
Indian & Global Environment
Pen-Paper based MAT 2021 exam mode:
Here is a glimpse of the pen and paper-based examination
Guidelines of Paper Based Examination MAT 2021
- The Candidates will be provided with a sealed question paper and an OMR answer booklet
- Fill in all the necessary details carefully
- The candidates have to sign the attendance sheet
- Answers are to be marked in the answer sheet provided separately
- Once an oval is darkened, it cannot be re-edited. Do not darken for than one oval at a time for a single question
- Do not tear or bend the answer sheet
- No separate booklet will be provided for rough work. It has to be done on the question booklet
- Use blue/black pen to mark the answers
- The answers will be scanned by the machine and scores are computed accordingly
Click here to view the MAT 2021 Syllabus
Guidelines of Computer Based Examination MAT 2021
- The candidate should have the basic familiarity with operating computer at least with the mouse and the keyboard
- Fill in the details provided on the screen
- Sectional jump is allowed. There is no sectional time.
- All questions will be of MCQ based
- Blank sheets for rough work will be provided
Note: All exam centres are equipped with security measures and the candidate's activities will be monitored and recorded. Therefore, Violating any rule or conducting any malpractice will result in disqualification
The Candidate has to choose the mode of exam i.e PBT or CBT mode during the Registration Process
MAT 2020 Cut Off:
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam
- Total number of candidates appearing in MAT 2020
- Total number of the seats available
AIMA has come across a couple of cases where the aspiring candidates' MAT score is not accepted by some participating institutes/universities for admission to an MBA full-time course despite their confirmation to AIMA MAT at the time of participation by incorporating their notifications in MAT e-bulletin. Candidates are advised to recheck with the concerned institutes/universities before applying for MAT.
Here is the list of Top B-schools and their expected cut-off
|B-Schools||Expected MAT cut off score|
Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences
SRM school and SRM University
Jaipuria Institute of Management
MAT 2021 Application Form:
How to Apply For MAT 2021 Online?
- Go to the registration link of MAT 2021
- If you're a new candidate, then create a login ID on the website
- Fill the details like valid email id and mobile number to receive the OTP
- Verify the Confirmation of New login sent to your mail
- If you've created it already, Log in to the website with your respective credentials such as email id, password, date of birth
- Pay the application fee through Debit card /Credit card /Net Banking/Wallet or UPI
- Upload all the required documents in image form
- Fill up the application form with the required information
- Recheck the application form and submit the details
- Save the details for the future use
After the successful completion of the registration process, the Admit Card will be released on the official website which will be notified to the candidate. Once the admit card has been released, the candidate can enter the Login ID and password and download the Admit Card. After that, the candidate must take out the printout of the Admit Card to the examination center in order to appear the test. Without the Admit Card, He/She will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Essential Documents For Registration
- Valid Email ID (the email should remain valid for at least 1 year)
- Image of scanned photograph in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not less than 20 KB and more than 150KB
- Image of scanned signature in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not less than 20KB and more than 150KB
- Personal details
- Educational qualification details
MAT 2021 Application Fee:
- For Computer Based Test (CBT): INR 1550/-
- For Both PBT & CBT: INR 2650/-
- 3. For Paper-Based Test (PBT): INR 1550/-
If a candidate wants to opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT, he or she has to pay an extra fee of Rs. 1100/- in addition to Rs. 1550/-.
Candidate has to pay an additional fee of INR 118 for each Management Institutes he or she chooses.
The candidates opting for both PBT and CBT will get the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions to send their scores in addition to the existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutions i.e. in total, they can select 7 Management Institutions.
Click here to know the detailed Syllabus
Below is the test centers for both Computer Based(CBT) and Paper-Based (PBT) MAT Exam. However certain cities only conduct PBT based Exam.
|AHMEDABAD||HYDERABAD||NAGPUR||SRINAGAR(Only PBT)||GURGAON(Only PBT)|
|BENGALURU||INDORE||PATNA||ROURKELA(Only PBT)||GHAZIABAD(Only PBT)|
|BHOPAL||JAIPUR||PUNE||MENGALURU(Only PBT)||DURGAPUR(Only PBT)|
|BHUBANESWAR||JAMMU||RAIPUR||MEERUT(Only PBT)||DIBRUGARH(Only PBT)|
|CHANDIGARH||KOCHI||RANCHI||MADURAI(Only PBT)||BHILAI(Only PBT)|
|CHENNAI||KOLKATA||THIRUVANANTHAPURAM||LUDHIANA(Only PBT)||ALLAHABAD(Only PBT)|
|COIMBATORE||KOTTAYAM||TRICHY||KANPUR(Only PBT)||BAREILLY(Only PBT)|
|DEHRADUN||KOZHIKODE||VARANASI||JAMSHEDPUR(Only PBT)||ALLAHABAD(Only PBT)|
|DELHI (NCR)||LUCKNOW||VIJAYAWADA||IMPHAL(Only PBT)||
MAT score is accepted by many institutions in India. Check List of Top Management Schools Accepting MAT Score in Your Region
MAT 2020 Counselling:
MAT Mock Test 2020
MAT Mock Test 2020 download process-
- Click on the link for MAT Mock Test 2020.
- There will be a pdf file.
- Download the sample paper for practice
Documents required for Counseling:
- Admit Card
- MAT 2020 Rank Letter
- Date of Birth Certificate
- 10th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Reservation Category Certificate(if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- One set of Self-attested copy of Original documents
- Bank Draft
- MAT 2020 Score Card
- 12th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Documents
- 6 passport size colored photographs
Details about the GD-PI round:
Aspirants who secure the minimum cut off marks will have to participate in Group Exercise and Personal Interaction. Every institution holds these rounds separately. The candidates will be notified of the date, time, venue of through Email. Individuals who wish to be admitted to PGDM/MBA programs of different colleges accepting the MAT score will have to attend all rounds of GD-PI. These rounds are explained in brief below:
Group Exercise: This round assesses the ability of candidates to apply logic and reasons. It brings out the individual’s ability to make decisions and his management skills are highlighted.
Personal Interaction: This is the most crucial part of the selection procedure. The aspirant’s overall personality and confidence will be evaluated. Students must confidently answer questions related to their own academic area and work experience.
Here is the table for Top MAT Coaching Centers all over India-
Teachwell Professional Studies Institute Pvt. Ltd, Smart Prep Education Pvt. Ltd.
Career Launcher India Ltd, Global Smart Infotech &
EducationErudite Education, Worldwin
Elite IIT, IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd
IMS Test Preparation, InformationInfocation – A unit of Nices
MAT 2021 Result:
How To Check MAT 2021 Result Online?
- Go to the official website of MAT 2021
- Under the download section, click on "MAT Result" link
- Log in to the site by entering your Regd. no & Roll no in the given box
- Download the scorecard for future use
After the results, the candidate will be called for the further rounds of admission and counseling process.
The candidate can check the Complete list of top colleges accepting the MAT score region wise and apply accordingly. The candidates need to pay Rs 100 through demand draft per institute if they want to send their scores offline
Here is the list of top colleges Accepting MAT Score:
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management
- IILM Institute for Higher Education
- Fortune Institute of International Business
- International Management Centre
- Accurate Institute of Advanced Management
- Bhavan's Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management
- Chandigarh University
- Chitkara University
- International Institute of Health Management Research
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- IMM-FOSTIIMA Business School
- EMPI Institutions
Details present in the scorecard:
- Candidate's name
- Candidate's roll number
- Candidate's date of birth
- MAT sectional scores
- MAT overall score
- MAT composite scores
- MAT percentile
If the candidate does not clear the cutoffs, he/she can re-attempt the exam in the next session as MAT is conducted multiple times in a year. The exam pattern remains the same across all the sessions of the exam.
MAT 2021 Answer Key:
Management Aptitude Test is organized 4 times in a year i.e. in the month of February, May, September, and December. The answer key is not released officially by the conducting authority. However many coaching institutes release the unofficial answer key from which the candidate can check their answers and evaluate their raw scores.
How to evaluate Raw Scores?
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark
- Each wrong question is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark
- No marks deducted for unanswered questions
MAT 2021 Eligibility:
Candidates must fulfill some criteria to be eligible for filling the application form of the MAT exam. However, mere fulfillment of the minimum MAT 2021 eligibility criteria is not an assurance to the candidate’s selection in a management institute accepting MAT score for admission. The eligibility criteria remain unchanged.
- Candidates need to have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or,
- A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it or,
- A professional degree like CA/ICWA/CS
- There is no age restriction to appear for the MAT 2020 exam
- There’s no minimum mark required to be eligible for MAT. But candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
Those who are awaiting their final year results of Graduation will be granted provisional admission to the MBA program if they get shortlisted by the B-school on the basis of MAT score. However, they need to submit a certificate from the Registrar/Principal of the College stating that the candidate has completed all the prerequisites for getting the Bachelor’s Degree on the certificate issue date.
MAT 2021 FAQs:
Q: What is the last date to apply for the May session of the MAT 2021 entrance exam?
A: The Last Date to apply for the May session of MAT 2021 entrance exam is 4th week of January 2021, Friday for Paper-Based Test whereas it is May 10 Friday for Computer-Based Test.
Q: How many times the MAT entrance exam is being conducted per year?
A: The MAT entrance exam is being conducted for 4 times a year.
Q: What is the minimum qualification required to appear in the MAT exam?
A: Candidates need to have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.
A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it.
There’s no minimum mark required to be eligible for MAT. But candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
Q: What is the minimum age criteria to appear the MAT exam?
A: There is no minimum and maximum age for the MAT exam. Any age candidates can apply the MAT entrance exam but a minimum bachelor qualification is needed.
Q: Is an offline mode exam available in the MAT?
A: Yes, MAT conducted both online mode (Computer-based)as well as offline mode (Pen and paper-based) exam.
Q: I have filled the offline mode of exam, am I eligible for online mode?
A: No. While filling the application form there is an option for a mode of exam, so you have to choose your suitable mode where you are more comfortable. Once application form is registered you can not change the mode.
Q: Can you give me the exam pattern for MAT 2020?
- Subjects- (Mathematical Skills, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment).
- Number of question- Each section contains 40 number of questions.
- Time duration- 150 minutes
Q: Which is better Computer-based Test or Pen and Paper-based exam?
A: Both are good on their own. If you are comfortable with computer-based then go for otherwise, you select the pen and paper-based mode.
Q: How many top institutions participate in MAT exam?
A: More than 600 management institution participate in the MAT every year.
Q: Which are the top Colleges accepting MAT scores?
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal.
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad.
- Management Development Institute (MDI) Murshidabad.
Q: What is the difference between CAT and MAT?
A: Both are the entrance exam for Management Studies. CAT is an online mode exam while the MAT is both computer-based and pen-paper based exam. But the CAT question level is tough in comparison to MAT.
Q: When will the MAT counselling start?
A: The counselling session for MAT 2020 is conducted after the result declaration of the result for the entrance exam.
Q: Who conducts MAT?
A: The MAT is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA).
Q: What are courses offered through MAT?
A: Through MAT, MBA/PGDM programs are offered.
Q: What is the validity of the MAT score?
A: The validity of the MAT score is up to 1 year.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in MAT?
A: No, there is no such sectional time limit in MAT. But students are advised to finish each section within 30 minutes.