Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardized test conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programs. Any B-school whether it’s national or international can consider MAT Score as the yardstick for admission to their MBA programs. MAT has been administered since 1988 and it was approved by Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD as a national level test in 2003. Being one of the largest tests of its kind in the country, MAT continues to be the gateway to over 600 B-Schools across India. MAT is a national level MBA entrance test conducted 4 times in a year in the month of February, May, September, and December.
MAT 2020 Highlights:
Below are some important information regarding the MAT 2020 Exam
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|MAT Official Website|
Click here for MAT Official Website
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||PBT & CBT|
|The validity of MAT Score||1 year|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or [email protected]|
1. MAT 2020 February Session Registration Started, Check Here
2. MAT 2019 December session result announced, Check here
MAT 2019 December Schedule:
Below is the Schedule for the candidates who want to appear in December 2019
|Events||Dates (PBT)||Dates (CBT)|
|Registration starts||October 10, 2019||October 10, 2019|
|Registration ends||December 11, 2019||December 09, 2019|
|Admit card availability||December 12, 2019||December 11, 2019|
|Exam date||December 15, 2019 (Sunday)||December 14, 2019 (Saturday)|
|Result declaration||December 28, 2019||December 28, 2019|
MAT 2020 February Schedule:
Below is the Schedule for the candidates who want to appear in February 2019
|Events||February Session |
|Last Date for Online Registration||9th February 20202|
|Availability of Admit Card||11th February 2020 (16:00 Hrs)|
|Entrance exam Date||16th February 2020|
Computer Based Exam
|Last Date for Online Registration||26th January 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||28th January 2020(16:00 Hrs)|
|Entrance Exam Date||2nd February 2020|
MAT 2020 Admit Card:
The admit card for MAT 2020 (February session) will be released online. The candidates will be able to get the admit card by visiting the official website of MAT (February session) 2020. The admit card will be released differently for a Paper-based test & Computer Based Test. For Paper-based test, the admit card will be available from February 2, 2020, at 4 PM. and for computer-based MAT exam, admit card will be available from February 10, 2020, till February 15, 2020. The admit card will contain the exam details like exam center, date & timing of the exam, roll no. etc. The candidate should keep their admit card with them while appearing for the entrance exam.
How To Download MAT (February Session) 2020 Online?
1. Go to the official website of MAT 2020 - February
2. Under the Download section, Click on "MAT Admit Card"
3. Log in to the website with your respective credentials
4. Review the admit card shown on the screen
4. Download and take a print of the admit card for the exam and future use
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
Exam day guidelines
1. Print the Admit card on an A4-size Paper, preferably using a Laser Printer - Admit Card is valid only if the Candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
2. Make necessary arrangements for travel, food, accommodation (if any) and any other expenses (including those on account of medical emergencies).
3. Before leaving for the Test Centre, Candidates are requested to verify and carry their original ID proof and the printed Admit card.
4.They should carry a pen if they are taking the exam in PBT mode.
5. Ensure to affix the Photograph, as required, in the space provided on the Admit Card before handing over for verification at the Test Centre. Affix the same photograph which was uploaded during the application process.
6. The test takers are advised to reach their allotted test centres for MAT exam at least an hour before the exam timings
7. Deposit all personal belongings such as mobile phone, bag, wallets, jackets, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, stationary items, etc. at the Test Centre Entrance Gate.
8. Maintain silence and remain in Queue during (a) entry to the Test Centre (b) frisking process (c) document verification and (d) biometric verification and (e) exiting the Test Centre.
9. Cooperate with Test Center staff during document Verification and Frisking.
10. Use the Reference Number printed on the Admit Card, to check the location of Exam Lab from the List displayed on the Notice Board at the Test Centre.
11. At the Console, use the Mouse to select the right Option as answer for an MCQ
12. Return Writing Pad with all pages intact and Pen post completion of the Exam to the Invigilator.
13. Ask for any help required in course of the Exam from Test Centre Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
14. Mandatorily provide your attendance in the Form with signature when asked for in the Exam Lab.
15. After the Exam, handover the duly signed Admit Card to the Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Documents required to take to the exam centre
1. Admit card: Two copies (printouts) of MAT admit card
2. Identity proof: Any of the following documents (in original): Voter ID, Aadhar Card Election I-Card, Passport, Driving License and PAN Card
3. Caste certificate (if applicable): If you belong to SC/ST/OBC category, you are required to carry caste certificate
MAT 2020 Syllabus:
Indian & Global Environment Section:
Top officials of big companies
Famous awards and Prizes
Books and Authors
Punch line of companies
History of International Organization
Major Corporate news
Science, Entertainment and Politics
Data Analysis and Sufficiency / Mathematical Skills:
Geometry ( Angles, lines, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cone, Cube, etc)
Ratios and Proportion
Work and time
HCF & LCM
Profit & Loss
Quadratic and linear equations
5 Steps To Crack MAT 2019 Without A Bump
Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism
Fill In the Blanks
Different usage of the same word
Foreign language words used in English
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
Course of Action
Coding & Decoding
Graphs representing Area
Read Also 5 steps to crack MAT Exam without a bump
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
Mat is conducted 4 times in a year to get admission into a B-school. The test duration of the MAT exam is 150 minutes for 200 questions. The level of difficulty remains easy to moderate.
Marking Scheme And Scoring Pattern
1. Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and each wrong question is penalized with negative marking of -0.25 mark. The scoring pattern of MAT is different as the MAT score card displays scaled score out of 800 Marks and not out of raw scores
2. Merit Score in MAT is calculated on the basis of 4 sections only and the score of Indian & Global Environment is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile in the MAT 2020 scorecard.
3. Candidates have the option to switch between the sections as there is no time limit for a particular section
4. Mode of Examination is English
5. Mode of Examination is both online and offline
No. of Questions
Time Suggested (Minutes)
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
Pen-Paper based MAT 2020 exam mode:
Here is a glimpse of the pen and paper-based examination
Guidelines of Paper Based Examination MAT 2020
1. The Candidates will be provided with a sealed question paper and an OMR answer booklet
2. Fill in all the necessary details carefully
3. The candidates have to sign the attendance sheet
4. Answers are to be marked in the answer sheet provided separately
5. Once an oval is darkened, it cannot be re-edited. Do not darken for than one oval at a time for a single question
6. Do not tear or bend the answer sheet
7. No separate booklet will be provided for rough work. It has to be done on the question booklet
8. Use blue/black pen to mark the answers
9. The answers will be scanned by the machine and scores are computed accordingly
Guidelines of Computer Based Examination MAT 2020
1. The candidate should have the basic familiarity with operating computer at least with the mouse and the keyboard
2. Fill in the details provided on the screen
3. Sectional jump is allowed. There is no sectional time.
4. All questions will be of MCQ based
5. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided
Note: All centres are equipped with security measures and the candidate's activities will be monitored and recorded. Therefore, Violating any rule or conducting any malpractice will result in disqualification
Sample Question For Practice
MAT 2020 Cut Off:
The cut-off mark for MAT 2020 will be released by the authorities soon after the declaration of the result. The cut off for February 2020 session is expected to be released in the month of February only. The cut off is decided on the basis of no of applicants, exam difficulty level, and the reservation criteria. Looking at this year's stats, it is expected that the cut off for MAT 2020 (May Session) might go higher. Combining the result and the cut off mark, the merit list for the eligible candidates will be made by the authorities. The following counselling session and admission procedure will be conducted as per this merit list.
Here is the list of Top B-schools and their expected cut offs-
|B-Schools||Expected MAT cut off score|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences||500|
|SRM school and SRM University||500|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||400|
Check List of Top Management Schools Accepting MAT Score in Your Region
MAT 2020 Application Form:
The interested candidates can apply for the entrance exam via online mode only. The candidates have to log in to the official website of MAT 2020 to apply for the entrance exam. The required documents should be kept prepared for the application form. The application fee will also have to be paid during the application submission procedure. The payment for the form can be made via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking and also via Demand Draft. The DD should be made in favor of AIMA and should be payable at Delhi. The DD should be sent to the authorities on the below address before the due date.
Manager - MAT
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Steps to Apply For MAT 2020 Online
- Go to the registration link of MAT 2020
- If you're a new candidate, then create a login ID on the website
- Fill the details like valid email id and mobile number to receive the OTP
- Verify the Confirmation of New login sent to your mail
- If you've created it already, Log in to the website with your respective credentials such as email id, password, date of birth
- Pay the application fee through Debit card /Credit card /Net Banking/Wallet or UPI
- Upload all the required documents in image form
- Fill up the application form with the required information
- Recheck the application form and submit the details
- Save the details for the future use
Essential Documents For MAT
Valid Email ID (the email should remain valid for at least 1 year)
Image of scanned photograph in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not less than 20 KB and more than 150KB
Image of scanned signature in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not less than 20KB and more than 150KB
Educational qualification details
MAT 2020 Application Fee:
- For Paper-Based Test (PBT): INR 1550/-
- For Computer Based Test (CBT): INR 1550/-
- For Both PBT & CBT: INR 2650/-
- If a candidate wants to opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT, he or she has to pay an extra fee of Rs. 1100/- in addition to Rs. 1550/-.
- Candidate has to pay an additional fee of INR 118 for each Management Institutes he or she chooses.
- The candidates opting for both PBT and CBT will get the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions to send their scores in addition to the existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutions i.e. in total, they can select 7 Management Institutions.
MAT 2020 Counselling:
The counseling session for MAT 2020 is conducted after the result declaration of the result for the entrance exam. The counseling session conducted will allow the candidates to get admitted in various MBA & PGDM programs under the participating colleges. The notification for the counseling session will be available on the official website of AIMA as well as the respective colleges' official website. The candidates will be allotted with seats as per their performance and merit list. To participate in the counseling session, the candidates need to register themselves online on the respective website and get the date for their counseling session. The candidates also have to submit their counseling fees online. The candidate can also apply for offline counseling. In that case, they have to appear at the allocated center along with all their original documents for the counseling & document verification process.
MAT Mock Test 2020
The questions in the exam paper of MAT always surprise the aspirant by the tricky questions and critical pattern. So the best solution to tackle every section is appearing Mock tests. Mock test is considered as the pre-exam preparation that offers question patterns for practice. It helps the students to know the exam pattern, question type & the difficulty level before the main exam.
MAT Mock Test 2020 download process-
- Click on the link for MAT Mock Test 2020.
- There will be a pdf file.
- Download the sample paper for practice
Here is the table for Top MAT Coaching Centers all over India-
|Delhi||Teachwell Professional Studies Institute Pvt. Ltd, Smart Prep Education Pvt. Ltd.|
|Chennai||Career Launcher India Ltd, Global Smart Infotech & |
|Calcutta||EducationErudite Education, Worldwin|
|Bangalore||Elite IIT, IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd|
|Guwahati||IMS Test Preparation, InformationInfocation – A unit of Nices|
MAT 2020 Result:
The result for MAT 2020 - February session will be declared on the official website on the due date. However, the date for the declaration has not been confirmed by the authorities yet. After declaration, the candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the official website. The candidates should also know that the result will not be sent to them via any other medium.
How To Check MAT 2020 Result Online?
- Go to the official website of MAT 2020
- Under the download section, click on "MAT Result" link
- Log in to the site by entering your Regd. no & Roll no in the given box
- Download the scorecard for future use
Check December Session Score Card here
Here is the list of top MAT colleges:
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management
- IILM Institute for Higher Education
- Fortune Institute of International Business
- International Management Centre
- Accurate Institute of Advanced Management
- Bhavan's Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management
- Chandigarh University
- Chitkara University
- International Institute of Health Management Research
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- IMM-FOSTIIMA Business School
- EMPI Institutions
MAT 2020 Eligibility:
1. Candidates need to have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.
2. A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it.
3. There’s no minimum mark required to be eligible for MAT. But candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
4. No age bar and Job experience are required.
MAT 2020 FAQs:
Q: What is the last date to apply for the May session of the MAT 2020 entrance exam?
A: The Last Date to apply for the May session of MAT 2020 entrance exam is 4th week of January 2020, Friday for Paper-Based Test whereas it is May 10 Friday for Computer-Based Test.
Q: How many times the MAT entrance exam is being conducted per year?
A: The MAT entrance exam is being conducted for 4 times a year.
Q: What is the minimum qualification required to appear in the MAT exam?
A: Candidates need to have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.
A final year student of graduation (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc) can also apply for it.
There’s no minimum mark required to be eligible for MAT. But candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
Q: What is the minimum age criteria to appear the MAT exam?
A: There is no minimum and maximum age for the MAT exam. Any age candidates can apply the MAT entrance exam but a minimum bachelor qualification is needed.
Q: Is an offline mode exam available in the MAT?
A: Yes, MAT conducted both online mode (Computer-based)as well as offline mode (Pen and paper-based) exam.
Q: I have filled the offline mode of exam, am I eligible for online mode?
A: No. While filling the application form there is an option for a mode of exam, so you have to choose your suitable mode where you are more comfortable. Once application form is registered you can not change the mode.
Q: Can you give me the exam pattern for MAT 2019?
- Subjects- (Mathematical Skills, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment).
- Number of question- Each section contains 40 number of questions.
- Time duration- 150 minutes
Q: Which is better Computer-based Test or Pen and Paper-based exam?
A: Both are good on their own. If you are comfortable with computer-based then go for otherwise, you select the pen and paper-based mode.
Q: How many top institutions participate in MAT exam?
A: More than 600 management institution participate in the MAT every year.
Q: Which are the top Colleges accepting MAT scores?
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal.
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal.
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad.
- Management Development Institute (MDI) Murshidabad.
Q: What is the difference between CAT and MAT?
A: Both are the entrance exam for Management Studies. CAT is an online mode exam while the MAT is both computer-based and pen-paper based exam. But the CAT question level is tough in comparison to MAT.
Q: When will the MAT counselling start?
A: The counselling session for MAT 2019 is conducted after the result declaration of the result for the entrance exam.
Q: Who conducts MAT?
A: The MAT is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA).
Q: What are courses offered through MAT?
A: Through MAT, MBA/PGDM programs are offered.
Q: What is the validity of the MAT score?
A: The validity of the MAT score is up to 1 year.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in MAT?
A: No, there is no such sectional time limit in MAT. But students are advised to finish each section within 30 minutes.