IIT Delhi has successfully conducted JEE Advanced 2020 on 27th September. The exam was conducted in two shifts, Paper 1 - 9 AM - 12 PM and Paper 2 - 2.30 PM - 5.30 PM. The overall difficulty level was moderate to tough. As per students, Physics was moderate, Chemistry easy to moderate, and Mathematics moderate to tough.
JEE Advanced 2020 was conducted at 1000 exam centres at 222 cities across the country. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this year JEE Advanced was not conducted in foreign countries. The exam is conducted in online mode for a total of 360 marks. JEE Advanced 2020 is for those who clear the JEE main 2020 cut-off to get admission into IITs.
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced 2020 Paper 1 Analysis:
- The overall difficulty was moderate to tough
- However, as per students, it was easier than the previous year
- Physics was moderate, Chemistry was easy to moderate, and Mathematics was a bit hard
- Most of the questions were from class 11th and 12th syllabus
- In the Physics section, most of the questions were asked from Work Power Energy, Rotation, Magnetism, Thermodynamics
- In the Chemistry section, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry questions were more than Organic Chemistry
- In the Mathematics section, Calculus had more questions, with questions from Continuity & Differentiability, Derivatives, Definite Integrals, Probability, Determinants, 3D Geometry
JEE Advanced 2020 Paper 2 Analysis:
- The overall difficulty was again, moderate to high
- Students found paper 2 more lengthy and tough than paper 1
- Physics was tough, Chemistry was relatively easy, Mathematics was moderate to tough
- Multiple choice questions (MCQs) were tough, numerical questions were moderate but lengthy, single correct questions were easy
- In the Physics section, questions were more concept-based, questions were asked from Rotational Motion, Fluids, Ray Optics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Heat & Thermodynamics.
- In the Chemistry section, Organic Chemistry had relatively fewer questions. Physical Chemistry questions came from Chemical Kinetics, Solutions, Ionic Equilibrium, Atomic Structure.
- In the Mathematics section, more questions were asked from Calculus and Algebra. The sections also had questions from Continuity & Differentiability, Derivatives, Functions, Limits, permutation &combinations. One question was also from Hyperbola. Question from probability was very lengthy.