NEET 2019: Registration to be starts from 1st Nov
As per the official schedule, National Testing Agency, NTA will be releasing the online application forms for NEET 2019 on 1st November 2019. Students interested in applying for undergraduate medical and dental courses are required to qualify the NEET 2019. As per latest order, NIOS candidates and those who opted for Biology as an additional subject are now also eligible for NEET 2019 and students planning to do medicine from abroad are also required to qualify NEET examinations.
See the official announcement here
NEET 2019: Important Dates
- Start date of online application form: November 1, 2018
- Last date of online application form/fee payment: November 30, 2018
- Admit Card Download: April 15, 2019
- Date of Examination: May 5, 2019
- Date of Results: June 5, 2019
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Check the eligibility criteria for NEET under NTA.
- Students who have passed the class XII qualifying exam are eligible for NEET 2019 and also who are appearing for the class XII qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as their subjects in Class XII.
- All applicants must have obtained the necessary aggregate marks in the qualifying exam:
General Category: 50%
OBC/SC/ST Category: 40%
General- Physically Handicapped Category: 45%
OBC/SC/ST- Physically Handicapped Category: 40%
- Age limit of the candidate must be between 17 to 25 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- As per latest notification, NIOS candidates and those who opted for Biology as an additional subject are now also eligible for NEET 2019.
*In case of any changes made by the NTA in the above criteria, it will be updated here only.
- This year the pattern of examination will remain same as per previous year exam pattern even though NTA will conduct the NEET 2019.
- Mode of the examination will be pen and paper-based.
- Type of question paper will be the Objective type (MCQ)
- Duration of exam will be of 3 hours.
- Number of questions will be 180 questions
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking will be there, so for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- If any question is unanswered, neither will be awarded nor will be deducted.