Indian Institute of Science, Banaglore Offering Integrated PhD Programmes for this acedamic year 2020. The Institute offers exciting opportunities to motivated and talented Bachelor’s degree holders with a keen sense of scientific enquiry for pursuing advanced research in frontier areas of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Mathematical Sciences leading to a Ph D degree. Experience shows that students entering this program save nearly a year compared to those who go for a 2 year Master’s degree program elsewhere and then join the Institute for a Ph D program. The application form, eligbility and other details are given below-
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore established in 1909 as a 'Research Institute' or 'University of Research' by Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc Bangalore) is a unique institute concerned with research in frontier areas and education in current technologically important areas. Each year, the Institute admits 70 to 90 students (15 to 23 in the Biological Sciences, 15 to 23 in the Chemical Sciences, 15 to 23 in the Physical Sciences and 15 to 23 in the Mathematical Sciences) under this program.
Course offered by IISc Bangalore:
1. Biological Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3. Physical Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
1. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences/ Agriculture as applicable to individual disciplines, under the 10+2+3/4 system, are eligible to apply to this program.
2. Candidates with BE/ B Tech degrees who qualify in the Mathematics/ Mathematical Statistics paper in JAM are eligible to apply for the Mathematical Sciences. and Biotechnology paper in JAM are eligible for biological science.
3. For Physical science candidates should clear JEST 2020.
4. Those in the final year of their qualifying examination and awaiting results are also eligible to apply but they have to submit that before joining or in the month of July.
The candidates with a first class in Bachelor’s degree are able to apply where as for SC/ST Pass candidates can also apply.
How to Apply?
Step.1- Visit the official website of ISC, Bangalore
Step.2- Click on the online application for Integrated PhD Programmes
Step.3- Click on the new registration. and register first by providing necessary details
Step.4- Fill the application form. chose the subject to study and other details carefully.
Step.5- Make the payment Rs. 800/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
Mode of Payment:
Mode of payment options: Online Payment - Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards
For Applying Integrated PhD Programmes in IISc, Click Here
1. The short-listing of candidates for interview is done based on the performance in JAM 2020. Short listing for Physical Sciences is also done based on JEST 2020. Interviews are held during 26 to 28 May 2020.
2. Biological, Physical and Mathematical Sciences selection will be based on the combined performance in the Test and in Interview. For Chemical Sciences, selection will be based only on the performance in the Interview.
For More Details, Click Here
Indian Institute of Science Offering UG Programme, Apply Here
Indian Institute of Science Offering PG Course Programmes,Apply Here