The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) 2020 was successfully conducted for both the shifts on 8th January by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The morning shift was conducted from 9.30 AM - 12.30 PM and the afternoon shift was conducted from 2.30 PM - 5.30 PM. Both the papers were for B.E/B.tech.
The exam was conducted in online mode in 567 test centres spread across 231 test cities of India and 9 test centres abroad. A total of 9,21,261 candidates had registered for JEE Main 2020 for paper 1 of B.E./B.Tech exam. According to the candidates, the question paper was moderate to difficult.
1. The overall difficulty level was easy to moderate
2. The physics section was rated the most difficult section among the three
3. The chemistry section was termed as the easiest
4. Mathematics was moderate but tricky
5. All the questions were NCERT based and were equally divided from the syllabus of class 11th & 12th
6. Most students found physics tough but scoring, chemistry easy, mathematics tricky & lengthy
JEE Main 2020 Exam pattern for B.E/B.Tech:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
* 20 MCQ questions and 5 special questions (to be filled with numerical value)
MCQ questions: +4 marks for each correct answer and -1 mark for each incorrect answer
Non-MCQ questions: +4 marks for each correct answer and 0 marks for each incorrect answer
Also Read, JEE Main 2020 8th Jan Analysis
Read here, JEE Main Cut off