NTA has successfully concluded the final day of JEE Main 2020 April/September on 6th September 2020. Both the shifts were for Paper 1: B.E/B.tech. Shift 1 was conducted from 9 AM - 12 Pm and Shift 2 was conducted from 3 PM - 6 PM. According to most of the aspirants, Physics was the toughest section, Mathematics was moderate to difficult, and Chemistry was the easiest.
Around 85,000 candidates (Out of 7,46,115 registered candidates) attended the JEE Main 2020 exam on the final day. JEE Main 2020 April/September was conducted from 1 - 6 September. on Day 1 (1st Sept.) B.Arch and B.Plan papers were conducted. From 2 - 6 September, B.E/B.Tech paper was conducted in both the shifts. NTA is likely to release the official answer key after 7th September and the result after 12th September (tentatively).
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern:
JEE Main Previous year Cut-Off (NITs, IIITs, Category Wise)
Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) Analysis for 6th September:
- It was the most difficult section among all three
- The physics paper covered almost all the topics in the syllabus
- The numerical questions were tricky and hard to understand
- Questions came from Electrostatic, Mechanics, Optics, Modern Physics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory, etc.
- Rotational Motion and Magnetic Effects had more questions with 3 each
- It has mixed reviews from candidates. Many found it moderately difficult and many found it extremely difficult
- Numerical questions were lengthy as compared to Physics and Chemistry
- Most of the questions were from co-ordinate geometry, complex numbers, integral calculus, limits & continuity, matrices & determinants, sets, 3D vector, trigonometry
- Similar to all previous JEE Main exam days, Chemistry was the easiest of them all
- Questions in this section were more theory-based
- Questions from Inorganic were more than organic Chemistry
- Hydrocarbons had the most number of questions with three questions
- Almost all the topics were covered