IIT Bombay has announced all the important dates of GATE 2021 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). The application process starts on 14 September 2020. The exam will be conducted on 5,6,7 February 2021 and 12,13,14 February 2021. The exam will be in two shifts, forenoon (9 AM - 12 PM) and afternoon (3 PM - 6 PM) shifts. Candidate must go through the GATE Eligibility Criteria before applying.
GATE 2021 Important Dates:
|Registration starts||14 September 2020|
|Registration ends||30 September 2020|
|Extended registration last date (with late fee)||7 October 2020|
|Application correction||13 November 2020|
|Admit card available||8 January 2021|
5, 6, 7 February 2021
12, 13, 14 February 2021
|Result declaration||22 March 2021|
Changes in GATE 2021:
- Two new papers added: Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH)
- Arts and commerce background students can also appear in the GATE exam.
- New Multiple Select Questions and/or Numerical Answer Type questions will be asked
- New Eligibility Criteria: Candidates in their pre-final year of qualifying degree can also appear
- Candidates can now appear in two subjects instead of one
- Syllabus for all subjects have been revised
- No age limit will be there to appear for the exam
- GATE 2021 scores will remain valid for three years
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance test conducted by the IISC (Indian Institute of Science) and 7 IITs (Indian Institutes of Technologies) for admission to various post-graduate (PG) programs in science and technology in India. It is a computer-based test for a duration of 3 hours.