Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has announced the result of IIT JAM 2021 on 20th March 2021. Earlier the answer key has released on 26th February 2021 in online mode. Candidates who had appeared in the exam can now check their results by visiting the official website, jam.iisc.ac.in and entering their Enrollment Id/ Email Id along with the password. Through the result, the candidates can get to know about their score and rank obtained in the entrance examination.
The scorecard for candidates will be available from 27th March 2021 to 31st July 2021 on the official sites. The candidates who had qualified for the examination are eligible for counseling.
Follow the steps to check the result:
- Browse the official website, jam.iisc.ac.in.
- Click on the " Result download" link showing on the screen.
- Provide the credentials - Enrollment Id/ Email Id and password.
- Evaluate the arithmetic expression and submit the result of the evaluation.
- The result will appear on the screen in PDF format.
- Download the pdf file and check the result.
Steps for calculating the score of IIT JAM 2021:
- For every 1 mark question, if the answer is correct 1 mark will be awarded.
- For 2 mark questions, 2 marks are awarded if the answer is correct.
- For attempted questions, if the answer is incorrect then -1/3 is deducted for 1 mark questions.
- For each incorrect answer, -2/3 is deducted for 2 mark questions.
- Unattempted questions will carry 0 marks.
In case if two candidates have secured the same aggregate scores or ranks, then a tie-breaker round will be conducted by the authority. Following is the tie-breaker criteria:
- Marks scored by candidates in NAT and MSQ sectio will be considered to break the tie.
- The candidates who have a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be considered as a higher rank.
- Date of Birth of candidates will be considered for final breaker.
- If the above criteria are unable to break, then both will be considered as the same rank.
Also read: Career and Job Prospect for Forensic Science in India