The Symbiosis International University
(SIU) has begun registration for Symbiosis National Aptitude Online Test
(SNAP) 2018 from August 28, 2018. Aspirants to take admission in MBA / MSc (CA) / MSc (SS) programmes offered by various institutes of Symbiosis across the country need to appear for the SNAP 2018 entrance examination. SNAP 2018 will be held on 16th December 2018.
• Candidates must complete their graduation degree from any recognized / statutory University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialization need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
• Appearing Candidates can also apply.
• Candidates, who have completed the qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
How to Apply:
Candidate needs to apply online on the official website.
• Visit the official website
• Then click on Register Now
• Register yourself, then login to your profile
• Fill the application form, pay the application fee and complete the application process
• Download the confirmation page and take a printout for further reference
• The registration and programme fee is Rs 1750/- and Rs 1000/- respectively.
• It needs to be paid via online or via demand draft.
The exam pattern details are given here:
• The examination will be conducted in online mode.
• The exam duration will be 120 minutes.
• For the correct response, one mark will be given for the normal question and two marks will be given for special questions.
• There will be 25% negative marking in wrong answers.
|Sections ||No. of Questions ||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability ||35 (30 Normal Quest. + 5 Special Quest.) ||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency ||35 (30 Normal Quest. + 5 Special Quest.) ||40|
|Current Affairs ||25 (20 Normal Quest. + 5 Special Quest.) ||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning ||35 (30 Normal Quest. + 5 Special Quest.) ||40|
|Total ||130 ||150|
SNAP 2017 Exam Analysis
The types of questions differed significantly from the last few years in SNAP 2017. In 2017, the first-ever computer-based SNAP exam was conducted at 102 test cities across India. Overall, the paper was more difficult as compared to that of last years. Majority test takers claimed that the exam was lengthy and required more time to complete. As per the SNAP 2017 exam analysis, there were a total of 150 questions that were to be solved in 120 minutes. There were four sections viz. General English, Quantitative Ability, Current Affairs and Analytical & Logical Reasoning in the paper with 40, 40, 30 and 40 questions in each section respectively. The sections were jumbled up. There was 1 mark given for each correct answer and 0.25 marks penalty for each incorrect answer. Fortunately, this time there were no sectional cut-off; candidates could focus on maximizing their overall score instead of trying to score higher in each section.
The English section was dominated by RC and vocab. The Reasoning section had only one question on Verbal Logic.
Overall, the English and GK sections became much tougher, while Logical Reasoning continued its saga of incomprehensible question types. Quantitative Ability turned out to be more tough as compared to previous years.
Registration commences on: August 28, 2018 (Tuesday)
Registration Closes on: November 26, 2018 (Monday)
Payment Closes on: November 26, 2018 (Monday)
Admit Card Live on: December 01, 2018 (Saturday)
SNAP Online Test 2018: December 16 , 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs
Announcement of Result: 2nd week of January 2019