VITEEE 2019: Exam date, eligibility, syllabus, pattern
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University has declared exam schedule for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) 2019. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University conducts VITEEE to offer admissions to the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2019
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State candidates.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Only Regular 'NIOS' board candidates are eligible for VITEEE. Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE-2019
Important Dates for VITEEE 2019
- Date of issue of Online/Offline Application forms: From 1st November 2018 onwards
- VITEEE Online Application Correction or Editing the Online Application - up to February 2019 (except mobile number/email id and address corrections)
- Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) and Hall Ticket or Admit Card generation –in March 2019
- Date of Exam: 2nd (or) 3rd week of April 2019- Tentatively. There are 3 sessions per day
- Exam Timings:
I Session: 09.00 am to 11.30 am
II Session: 12.30 pm to 03.00 pm
III Session: 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm
- VITEEE-2019 Result Declaration - End of April 2019
Exam Pattern for VITEEE 2019
- VITEEE-2019 questions come from physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
- Number of Questions: PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) - 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions. PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) - 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions= Total 125 questions
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE):
- PCME - Candidates appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
- PCBE - Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
GUIDELINES TO VITEEE – 2019 APPLICANTS
- Online Application Forms: Cost of Online Application Form Rs. 1150/-
- Get ready with the following to submit the online form:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb –200kb (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10kb – 200 kb (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted. Also scanned copy of Aadhar Card/proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted at the time of counseling
- Mode of Payment - Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card
- All our correspondence including center booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through SMS/email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact. VIT is not responsible for non-receipt of SMS/email in case of incorrect mobile number/email id.
- All the necessary information will be updated on our website www.vit.ac.in in the regular intervention
- Offline Application Forms: Cost of Offline Application Forms: Rs.1200/-
- Offline (OMR) application forms will be available in selected post offices and VIT Campuses. List of post offices will be released in due course.