Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Education and Medical Research (JIPMER) has increased its number of seats for MBBS Degree. The number of seats has been increased from 200 to 249. It has been done for both the JIPMER campuses i.e. Puducherry and Karaikal. Previously Puducherry campus had 150 seats which have been now increased to 187 and Karaikal gets a total of 62 seats (12 seats increased).
Click to Know, about Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry
- A total of 48 seats have been reserved for Puducherry native students.
- The seat quota for Persons with Benchmark Disability in the Unreserved category is now 22 (21+1) in the Puducherry campus.
- OBC category now gets 12 (11+1) seats in the Puducherry campus.
- For the JIPMER Karaikal campus, the unreserved category now comprises of 20 seats.
- There has been a horizontal rise of 5% reservation, providing 8 out of 187 seats for PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability) in the Puducherry campus.
- In the Karaikal campus, one more extra seat is added to the PwBD and SC category respectively.
- Moreover, the unreserved seat quota at Jipmer Puducherry has been increased to 57 (55+2).
Dean of JIPMER Pankaj Kundra said that "The increase is across the board for various categories with the statutory reservation for EWS (economically weaker sections) category." Moreover, the MBBS entrance exam conducted by JIPMER has been discontinued by the conducting authorities. Further, students would be selected on the basis of their NEET scores for admission. However, the counselling will be done by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), Directorate General of Health Services, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and not by JIPMER.
- INI CET Replaces JIPMER PG, PGIMER, AIIMS PG, NIMHANS Exams for 2021
- NIRF Ranking: Check the List of Top Medical Colleges