GATE 2021 Counselling:
CCMT 2021 Counseling
For participating in CCMT, candidates have to apply online after the declaration of result. Candidates can apply for all the 30 NITs and 9 CFTIs through GATE CCMT Counselling.
Features of CCMT 2021
- Candidates have to report to these centers during the seat allotment process (after any round).
- There they have to pay the Seat Confirmation fee and another fee along with other necessary formalities.
- All National Spot Round Registered Candidates will have to visit any Reporting center for the document verification process.
- Candidates must have valid GATE score
- A minimum of 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks must be acquired in the qualifying exam (For General and OBC).
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, the eligibility is set at a minimum of 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks.
CCMT 2021 Admission Process
Pre - Allotment Process
- Register on the Official portal of CCMT between April 10 – May 11, 2021 (tentatively)
- The registration fee for CCMT is INR 2200 for OC/OB and INR 1700 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Fill the correct and verifiable information during registration and choice filling process.
- You can change, reorder, delete or add programmes or institutes as per your preference.
- Candidates Will be allotted seats on the basis of the ranks in GATE 2021.
- Those who have been allotted seats have to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee of INR 20000 through online mode.
- Thereafter, report at any one of the reporting centers on the given date.
- Candidates have to produce the original documents for verification.
Getting Admitted To ‘Allotted Institute’
- All the candidates who have been allotted seats and reported at any Reporting Centers during any of the three rounds (i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round) have to complete the provisional seat confirmation process by paying ‘Seat Confirmation Fee’ (10,000) on the given date.
- The balance fee with respect to allotted institutes has to be paid to the respective allotted Institute at the time of physical reporting (after 3rd round of allotment and internal sliding) at the allotted institute.
- The tentative fee of all PIs is displayed on CCMT website.
IITs M.Tech Admission through GATE 2021 (COAP)
By now, for participating in admission rounds of M.Tech in IITs, candidates have to register online at GATE COAP.
- It is a common platform where all the participating IITs will upload admission offer letters in the common time window.
- Based on GATE scores and applications submitted by candidates, COAP will offer admission.
- Candidates seeking M.Tech admissions (and also applied) in any of the participating Institutes of COAP and who have a valid GATE score can register at COAP.
- GATE conducting body will not organize any counselling program.
NOTE: State Universities M.Tech Admission through GATE
Post declaration of GATE result, state universities and other private institutes will conduct GATE counselling for admission to MTech programs.
Other Universities Accepting GATE score
Many other Universities also use GATE Scorecard as a parameter for seat allotment in postgraduate courses offered by them. Here we are providing you with the preferred colleges for pursuing M.E./M.Tech after IITs and NITs.
- Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune
- COEP (College of Engineering, Pune)
- DAIICT (Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology)
- DIAT Pune
- DTU (Delhi Technical University)
- IISc Bangalore
- IITM-K (Indian Institute of Technology and Management- Kerala)
- Maharashtra M.Tech Admission
- PEC (Punjab Engineering College)
- RGIPT (Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum and Technology)
- RGUKT Hyderabad
- Thapar University
- University of Hyderabad
- Admission to these institutes can be sought after applying separately for each of them. Different Universities will release their eligibility criteria and schedule for admission.
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet of all the semester
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- GATE Admit Card
- Valid Photo ID
- GATE Scorecard
- College leaving certificate issued by the college
- Passport size photograph of the candidate.
ISc Bangalore Admission through GATE
IISc Bangalore will release the application form in February 2021. The last date to apply for M.Tech admissions at IISc Bangalore via GATE will be in March 2020. Read More About IISc Bangalore Admission through GATE 2020:
- Based on GATE scores and certain eligibility criteria defined by IISc Bangalore, the admission rounds take place.
- Candidates possessing a minimum of the second class in the following degrees are eligible to apply for admission in Research Programs (PhD/MTech)-
- 70% weight will be given GATE 2021 score and 30% weight will be given to written test or personal interview.