Government College of Technology (GCT), Coimbatore was formerly known as the Arthur Hope College of Technology was established in 1945. Government College of Technology is one of the oldest institutions in the country imparting the best technical education. The college was afterward shifted to the present permanent site of about 45 hectares on the Thadagam Road in June 1950. It is an autonomous institution, accredited by NBA and affiliated to Anna University. The vision of the college is to emerge as a center of excellence and eminence by imparting futuristic technical education in keeping with global standards, making our students technologically competent and ethically strong so that they can readily contribute to the rapid advancement of society and mankind. Their mission is to advance the quality of teaching through engineering, technology, and science in order to produce world-class technocrats with an ability to adapt to the intellectually challenging environment.