NEET UG 2020 Counselling:
Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) has started the registration for NEET-UG 2020 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Counselling Process on 27th October 2020. The registration was delayed for a day from 27th Oct due to some technical reasons. There will be 2 Rounds of counselling along with a mop-up round. The mop-up round will be conducted only for Central/Deemed Uni./ESIC/ AIIMS & JIPMER. MCC will conduct NEET 2020 counseling for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats at all Government and Dental colleges and 100% seats at Central and Deemed University, ESIC, AIIMS, and JIPMER.
NEET 2020 Counselling Registration Started. Check Here
The counselling session for NEET 2020 is conducted soon after the declaration of the result for the entrance exam. The counselling session will follow the rank order of the candidates produced from the entrance exam. Those students who will qualify the entrance have to register themselves for the counselling session. The candidates will be given the option to choose their preferred locations for the college as well as the counselling session. As per the ranking and the choice, the candidates will be intimated for the counselling session.
After the results are announced the candidates who have cleared the exam will get a call letter for counselling. NEET 2020 counselling process is discussed in detail below. Those candidates who score less than the required percentage will not be allowed to sit for the counselling.
|NEET Result||NEET Cut off||NEET Seat Allotment||NEET Answer key||NEET Faqs||NEET Reservation|
NEET 2020 Counselling Schedule (Revised):
|Event||Round 1||Round 2||Mop-up Round|
27th October - 2nd November (Till 5 PM)
Payment - Till 2nd November (7 PM)
20th - 22nd November 2020 (Till 3 PM)
Payment - Till 22nd November (5 PM)
10th - 14th December 2020 (Till 3 PM)
Payment - Till 14th December 2020 (3 PM)
|Choice Filling||28th October - 2nd November (Till 11.59 PM)||19th - 22nd November (Till 11.59 PM)||11th - 14th December (Till 11.59 PM)|
|Choice Locking||2nd November (4 PM - 11.59 PM)||22nd November (3 PM - 11.59 PM)||14th December (3 PM - 11.59 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||3rd and 4th November 2020||23rd and 24th November 2020||15th and 16th December 2020|
|Seat Allotment Result||5th November 2020||25th November 2020||17th December 2020|
|Reporting to College||6th - 16th November 2020||26th November - 5th December 2020||18th - 26th December 2020|
The NEET-UG 2020 counselling is of 2 types that is-
Nation-wise: The nation-wise or All India NEET-UG 2020 counselling is held for 15% of the seats available in all govt. colleges and 100% of the seats in deemed universities.
State-wise: The state-wise NEET UG counselling is held for the remaining 85% of the seats available in all govt. colleges and 100% of the seats in deemed universities.
NEET Counselling Procedure 2020
NEET Counselling 2020 is expected to be commenced with the registration process on June 19, 2020. Candidates can check the procedure of NEET 2020 counselling –
Step 1: Registration for Counselling
MCI conducts the counselling to fill 15% All India Quota Seats in two rounds followed by a mop-up round. The steps involved in NEET Counselling Registration are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website of MCC and click on ‘New Registration’. Enter Roll Number, Application Number, Candidate name, Mother name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, Email ID and Security Pin as per your admit card. After entering all the required information, a new Roll No. and Password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET Counselling.
Step 2: Log on to the MCC website and click on ‘Candidate login’.
Step 3: Enter your Roll Number and Password. Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter details like Name, Roll No., Registration No., Mother’s Name, Contact No., etc. When you’re done, click on ‘Submit’.
Step 5: After this, you will be shown all your details as per the NTA database. Verify the information and click on ‘Confirm Registration’. A Registration Slip will be generated. Candidates are advised to save this page.
Step 2: NEET Counselling Fee Payment
After successful registration, candidates are asked to submit refundable and non-refundable NEET 2020 counselling fee. The fee can be paid through an online medium like Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Candidates can check the NEET counselling fee 2020 in the table given below-
NEET Counseling Fees:
Step 3: Exercising Option Entry and Locking
Choice Locking facility is available for a specific time period on a given day.
- In this step, candidates are required to submit preferences. you should fill the choices keeping in mind your scores as admission is granted on the basis of merit i.e. NEET score and preferences submitted during the counselling process.
- You can view the list of colleges on the screen and fill as many choices as you want.
- Post filling the choices in the list, candidates can arrange them in order of their preference by moving them up or down, interchange choices and delete choices.
- Once you’re done, enter your password and click on ‘Lock Choices’.
- Candidates are not allowed to make any changes after locking their choices so be very careful in your selection.
- After locking, they can take a printout of the locked choices which will include locking date and time, IP Address of computer and system-generated Unique no.
Step 4: Release of Seat Allotment Result
MCC releases seat allotment result after each round of counselling. It is released in the form of a list followed by issue of seat allotment letter to the selected candidates. Candidates must report to the allloted colleges with the allotment letter and other documents to finish admission process. Candidates can check NEET 2020 Seat Intake to know the number of seats offered by different colleges.
NEET 2020 – Official Seat Matrix
|All India Quota Medical Seats||Click Here|
|All India Quota Dental Seats||Click Here|
|Central Universities Medical Seats||Click Here|
|Central Universities Dental Seats||Click Here|
|Deemed Universities Medical Seats||Click Here|
|Deemed Universities Dental Seats||Click Here|
|ESIC Medical Seats||Click Here|
|ESIC Dental seats||Click Here|
Documents required at the time of Counseling:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET Result
- Class 10 certificate and marksheet
- Class 12 certificate and marksheet
- Domicile/ residency proof (only for states)
- Photo ID
- 8 passport sized photographs (Same as the one affixed on the application form)
- Any other as specified
Counselling for 15% All India Quota
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India holds the Counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- All deemed, central, state universities will participate in online counselling.
- Seats of ESIC and AFMC, BHU & AMU will also be filled in this counselling.
- Candidates will apply for 15% All India Quota seats as per the directions of DGHS and seats left vacant after 2 rounds of Counselling will be adjusted in mop-up round.
- Those candidates who take part in All India Counselling can also participate in State Counselling of their respective states.
Counseling for 85% State Quota Seats
- For State quota and other seats falling under the ambit of States, candidates may apply to their domicile states and a merit list as per State rules and based on All India Rank will be prepared by concerned Counselling Authorities.
- The counseling for Private Medical Colleges will also be conducted by the concerned State Counselling Authority.
- Candidates need to register on their concerned state’s counseling websites.
- Counseling will be conducted on the basis of the candidate’s rank in the state merit list.
- Admission to colleges in J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will be done solely on the basis of state counseling.
Top Medical colleges accepting NEET score:
|Name of the College||NIRF ranking||Closing rank of 2019||Total intake|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||6||669||100|
|King’s George Medical University, Lucknow||10||908||250|
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||14||32||250|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||19||157||170|
|JSS Medical College, Mysuru||17||55165||200|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||23||171||170|
|Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal||28||11146||100|
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati||29||10135||
NEET UG 2020 Reservation Criteria: