NEET UG 2021 Exam Pattern:
Every candidate should be aware of NEET Paper Pattern as it helps in planning and preparation for the exam. Some of the important details are:
Every right answer in NEET 2021 will fetch the candidate 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. NEET 2021 will be a pen and paper-based (offline) test. NEET 2021 examination will consist of one paper having 180 (45 from every subject/section), objective type questions which will count to a total of 720 marks. NEET 2021 question paper will be in English and will be conducted for 3 hours. The NEET exam pattern is expected to remain the same every year.
|NEET Syllabus||NEET Cut off||NEET Result||NEET Admit Card||NEET Eligibility|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (paper-based)|
|Number of Question||180 questions|
|Marking scheme||(+ 4 ) for correct and (-1) for an incorrect answer|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology|
|Languages of Question Paper||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.|
NEET UG 2021 Mark Distribution:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Marking scheme in NEET exam pattern 2021
- Each correct answer will be awarded four marks.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No mark will be deducted for the questions which have not been answered.
- Questions that have two or more responses marked on the OMR sheet will be considered as incorrect and one mark will be deducted for them.
Check out the marking scheme given below for a better idea of NEET Marks distribution.
|No Answer/ Multiple Answer||0|
Important points to remember while marking the OMR sheet:
- Answers have to be marked using a ballpoint pen which will be provided in the examination hall.
- Changing of answers on the OMR sheet is not allowed.
- Erasing/ obliterating any information printed on the OMR sheet is a punishable offence.
- Rough work should be done on the test booklet only.
- A Candidate must not forget to mark the test booklet code on the OMR sheet.
Language options in the exam pattern of NEET 2021:
|Medium||Availability in Exam center|
|English, Hindi, Urdu||All States and Cities|
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
West Bengal and Tripura
|Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
Important points to remember while choosing the medium of NEET 2021:
- The medium of question paper has to be selected in the NEET application form.
- The language chosen once cannot be changed.
- Candidates who have opted for English as a medium will be provided the Test Booklet in English language only.
- Candidates opting for any other language will be provided a Bilingual Test Booklet, their selected language preference, and English.
- The English version of the NEET question paper shall be treated as final in case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions.