Sawai ManSingh Medical College, Jaipur was established in 1947. The College was initially started to work in the south wing of SMS Hospital and in the building of the Jaipur Medical Association. Dr. G.N.Sen was its first principal. In 1952, the college was recognized by the Medical Council of India and the foundation of a new OPD block was laid in the succeeding year. 1952 also marked the beginning of P.G courses and the first batch of M.D. and M.S. students qualified in 1955.