NEET Reservation Policy and Criteria
As per Government of India rules, the NEET reservation policy and criteria are applicable for 15% ALL India Quota (AIQ) seats. This policy and criteria gives information about the percentage of seats to be reserved for candidates from Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST), Other Backward Caste (OBC) and Person with Disabilities (PwD) categories, and Economic Weaker Section(EWS) categories.
The allotment of seats during NEET counseling or state quota counseling will be done according to the NEET 2020 reservation criteria. NEET authorities will release the general merit list, the category-wise merit list under NEET 2020 reservation criteria. The admission to NEET reserved criteria 2020 will be done through this category-wise merit list.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is the entrance examination for students who wish to take admission into various medical courses in different government and private medical colleges of India. The entrance was named as All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) which is now replaced with NEET-UG. Earlier different medical colleges and, states used to conduct admission on their own. From 2019 onward the National Testing Agency (NTA) is the new conducting body of the NEET exam and it is scheduled to be held once in a year.
Read Here, 5 Things to Do Before Choosing Medicine as a career
What’s 15% All India Quota?
15% All India quota means admission to all the medical colleges of the country will be done through 15% of All India Quota and the rest 85% are through state quota.
For example, if a medical college has total 100% seats, 15 admissions will be done through all India quota and rest 85 seats are filled by state quota.
Read NEET Counselling Process
Know more about: Best Books to Follow for NEET-UG 2020 Preparation
Reservation of Seats under 15% All India Quota-
15% All India Quota Seats norms are applicable for all the government and private medical colleges of India, except J&K. New addition to AIQ is Andhra Pradesh and Telangana from last year. The admission to these reserved seats will be conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of MCC.
||Seats Reserved ( Percentage)
|Scheduled Caste( SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|OBC ( Non-Creamy Layer)
|Person with Disabilities ( PwD)
|Economically Weaker Section||10%|
Reservation Criteria of NEET 2020 to 85% State Quota Seats
1- After filling up to the 15% AIQ seats, the rest 85% state quota seats will be done by the respective state counseling authorities. But, candidates have to fulfill the eligibility conditions set by the concerned state or union territories to qualify for the NEET 2020. Then, admission to all the seats of private universities or colleges will also be done by the state counseling committee according to the policies of Government of India/State/Union Territory.
2- NEET 2020 Reservation Criteria for Deemed, Central Universities and ESIC Institutes
3- MCC will also do the counseling for admission to all the seats offered by Deemed, Central Universities and ESIC institutes across India, in addition to the allotment of seats under 15% AIQ scheme on the basis of NEET scores by DGHS only.
Read Here, Preparation Tips To Crack Neet UG Exam In 1 Month
Eligibility Criteria For NEET 2020 Reservation under Different Categories
Economically Weaker Section(EWS):
The economically weaker section has been recognized as a reservation eligible criteria to allow the society which is economically backward a fair chance to study in top medical colleges.
But for this there are some rules to be followed to be eligible under this category of reservation, they are as follows:
1- The family income of the candidate should be less than 800,000/- Rupees.
2- The Residential flat (if any) should be less than 1000 sq.ft.
3- The Residential Plot should be less than 100 sq yards recognized by the Municipal Authorities.
4- The Residential plot should be less than 200 sq yards other than the Municipalities.
5- The land assets should be less than 5 acres.
NEET Reservation 2020 (EWS) - List of colleges
Reservation criteria for NEET 2020 at all India level will be applicable only in central education institutions/ central universities for whom the LoPs have been issued by the Board of Governors, Medical Council of India and will be applicable only for UR category candidates.
1- Lady Harding Medical College, New Delhi
2- University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
3- VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
4- Medical College of RML Hospital, New Delhi
5- Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi
PwD( Physically handicapped/ Disabled):
Under the Rights of Persons with Disability Act 2016 the students with a benchmarked Physically disabled certificate can also have the right to the reservation under the criteria head Pwd.
NEET 2020 insists that the candidates who are willing to use their PwD category of the reservation have to get their certificate issued by one of the following Disability Assessment Boards.
1- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029
2- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400034
3- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata - 20
4- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai - 600003
Reservation Criteria of NEET 2020- Deemed/Central Universities & ESIC colleges
The Reservation criteria seats for tall the DEEMED/ CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES and the ESIC colleges will be overseen by the Directorate General Of Health Services. The same rules of NEET 2020 Reservation will be followed for the ESIC Colleges and THE CENTRAL and DEEMED UNIVERSITIES.
Only AFMC (ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE) Pune will be subjected to regulation under the Government of India, Ministry of Defence and Directorate General of Armed Forces
The reservation polices and criteria that are discussed above are made to encourage the educational desire of the reserved categories and the backward society . The policies are framed by NTA ( National Testing Agency). After going through the reservation criteria a student can get a brief knowledge about the eligibility of admission in different medical and dental colleges as per their reservation category.
Read More About NEET Exam Pattern
Read More About NEET UG