Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad has started registration for MICAT 2021 (MICA Admissions Test) on 6th October. MICAT is conducted two times in one year as MICAT-I and MICAT-II.
MICAT 2021 Highlights:
|Exam Name||MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad|
|Exam Type||National Level Screening Test|
|Exam Commencement Frequency||2 times a year|
|Courses Offered||PGDM-C (Graduate Diploma in Management – Communication)|
|Conducted by||Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad|
|MICA Contact Details||02717 308 250 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
MICAT 2021 Schedule:
Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad has released the full schedule of MICAT 2021. Registration starts on 6th October and MICAT 1 Exam is on 5th December. Check the full schedule in the table below:
MICAT 2021 Important Dates
|Registration started||6 October 2020|
|Registration closes||25 November 2020 (11.50 PM)|
|Admit card release||2 December 2020|
|MICAT 1 Exam Date||5 December 2020|
|Result declaration||21 December 2020|
|Registration starts||26 November 2020|
|Registration closes||20 January 2021 (11.50 PM)|
|Admit card release||27 January 2021|
|MICAT 2 Exam Date||30 January 2021|
|Result declaration||14 February 2021|
MICAT 2021 Admit Card:
The admit card for the MICAT entrance exam will be released online on the official website of MICA. The admit cards will be made available to those eligible students who have successfully registered themselves. The Admit card contains examination instructions, the candidate's name and other details, exam center, and the date & time of entrance examination. It is mandatory for the students to carry admit card with them to the examination center with some valid original id proofs and photocopies. Students should keenly check the details present in the admit card after downloading the same. If any error/deviation is found then the aspirant should raise the issue to the concerned exam conducting authority. After receiving the complaint the concerned authority will send the new admit card via mail to the concerned candidate.
How To Download MICAT 2021 Admit Card Online?
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
MICAT 2021 Syllabus:
The candidates appearing for the MICAT 2021 entrance exam are advised to go through the MICAT syllabus set by the authorities before starting their preparation for the entrance exam. MICAT syllabus will be consist of six sections which are, General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT), Psychometric Test (PT), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QADI). Candidates should go through these sections to score well in the exam.
1. Psychometric Test is the first section of the MICAT question paper. This section is basically a personality test, which tests the candidate’s thought process and problem-solving ability.
2. The candidates have to clear this section first to be able to get evaluated on their performance in the second and third sections.
3. This section of MICAT exam is usually divided into three set of questions.
4. In this section, two questions are presented in a form of arguments which they have to analyze and give a rating on the basis of closeness to their personality.
5. The third question is a set of responses to be rated from 1-6 under the given circumstances.
The syllabus of section B of MICAT includes the same topics as other MBA entrance exams, namely, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (also known as logical reasoning).
1. Reading Comprehension
3. Word Meaning
5. Antonyms & Synonyms
6. One-Word Substitution
8. Sentence Correction
9. Fill in the Blanks
10. Verbal Ability
4. Number system
5. HCF & LCM
6. Surds and Indices
9. Modern Maths
3. Mass Media
5. International Business
11. Books & Authors
12. Static GK
2. Blood Relations
4. Number Series
5. Seating Arrangement
6. Data Arrangement
7. Data Sufficiency
12. Venn Diagrams
13. Pie Charts
Section C: Descriptive Test
The syllabus of this section of MICAT is not defined as the questions asked could be from any field. This section will contain three-four descriptive questions like essay writing, story writing and a piece arguing for or against a topic. A set of pictures will be given for candidates to create a story from it. So the candidates must read a lot of current affairs write-ups for essay writing and read fictional stories to develop creative writing skills for story writing.
Check MICAT Exam Pattern
MICAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective & Subjective|
|Number of Questions||144|
|Total Duration of Exam||2 hrs 45 mins (35 mins for Section-I & 130 mins for Section-II)|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking for Part 1 and 3. Part 2 has a negative marking of 0.25 percent of the total marks allotted.|
Check MICAT Syllabus
MICAT 2021 Cut Off:
Cut off is the minimum mark set by the exam conducting authorities for the selection of eligible candidates. The cut-off is the minimum marks required by the student to be eligible for the admission into the PDGM course at Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. The cut-off is determined by the conducting authority of the entrance examination. The cut off helps the authorities to shortlist the eligible candidates for further procedure. However, MICA never declares any official cut off for the PGDM-C entrance test. The selection procedure depends upon the CAT/XAT/GMAT and MICAT results simultaneously. The cut-off will be released after the MICAT 2021 Result is out.
Factors Affecting Cut-off:
Also, Check MICAT Counselling Process
MICAT 2021 Application Form:
The MICAT entrance exam is conducted twice a year. Those students can apply by visiting the official website of Mudra Institute of Communications. The candidates interested in the entrance exam must clear the Eligibility Criteria and can apply in either of the session. The application form is filled with utmost care. This is because if any kind of misinformation is found in the candidate's application then the whole registration of the candidate will be cancelled. The registration amount will also be not refunded to the candidate. After successful registration the student will be notified through mail.
How To Apply For MICAT 2021 Online?
Step 1: Register
a. Visit the MICA Official Website and click on the “Apply Online” button for PGDM-C Course.
b. There are two options- New registration and Already registered users.
c. Upon clicking on New Registration, the instructions page appears.
d. The registration form consists the following options that the candidates have to fill- name, email ID, mobile number. The applicants have to click on the “I agree” button and submit the MICAT Registration form
e. Upon final submission, a confirmation page appears with your id and password.
Step 2: MICAT Application Form:
a. Other Personal Details: DOB, Gender, Age, Nationality, Marital status, Parents’ Name and academic qualification and Correspondence Address.
b. Next the candidates have to fill the following details: Permanent Address, Contact Details, Choice of Center: The applicant has the provision of selecting 3 MICAT Exam Centers and also the GE/PI center, if selected.
c. Qualification details: Class 10, Class 12, Graduation details, Master/PG Details, Employment Experience details
d. CAT/XAT/GMAT Details & Uploading Photgraph and Signature
e. The candidates have to follow the given photograph & signature specifications:
Step 3: Payment of MICAT 2021 Application Fee
The application fee is INR 1985 for all categories. Candidates can pay MICAT 2020 application fee via both offline and online mode. They can choose to pay their application fee via Online /Cash (SBI only)/Demand Draft.
Given below are the steps to pay MICAT application fee via online mode:
1. To pay the application fee via online mode, click on “Online Payment”button.
2. Choose the suitable option and enter all the required details.
3. Then, click on “Pay” button.
4. After the successful payment of application fee, the Payment Receipt will be generated.
5. Take a printout of Payment Receipt by clicking on the “Print” button.
Step 4- Print MICAT Registration Form
1. After the successful payment of Application fee, check all the details in the Application Form.
2. If some details are needed to be edited then, click on “Edit Button”
3. After that, click on “Submit Button”
4. Take a printout of MICAT 2021 Application Form
MICAT 2021 Registration Fee:
1. The registration fee of MICAT is Rs. 1985.
2. The payment can be done through Credit Card, Demand Draft and Counter Payment (cash payment in MICA admission office).
3. The DD should be drawn in the favor of ‘MICA’ payable at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Check MICAT Exam Pattern
Check MICAT Syllabus
MICAT 2021 Counselling:
The counselling/selection procedure will be followed by the entrance exam and the MICAT Result declaration. After the result declaration for the written test, the shortlisted eligible candidates will be intimated for the group discussion and personal interview process. The final list of the eligible candidates for the admission procedure will be released by the authorities only after the completion of the GD and PI rounds.
Highlights of Counselling:
1. Shortlist applicants based on MICAT-I or MICAT-II or the better of the two scores if a candidate has taken both MICAT
2. Based on the Descriptive Test, candidates will select for further preference
3. Psychometric test is a qualifier, and those qualifying in the Psychometric test will assess for other sections
4. If the candidate has appeared CAT/XAT/GMAT then, based on their CAT/XAT/GMAT scores, the candidates will be shortlisted.
5. Shortlisted applicants have to appear in Group Exercise and Personal Interview rounds
6. Based on MICAT and CAT/XAT/GMAT scores as well as GE-PI scores, the merit list will prepare for candidates
MICAT 2021 Result:
The result for MICAT will be released twice throughout the year as per the exam. The first will be for the written entrance test whereas the 2nd result will be for the GD and PI rounds. The result will be declared online on the official website. The candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the official website. Candidates clearing the Cut-Off will be called for Counselling Process.
How To Check MICAT 2020 Result Online?
1. Go to Official website of MICAT and log in using given credentials
2. Go to the Result tab
3. Enter the required information and check the result by clicking the Submit button
4. Download the scorecard for further use
MICAT 2021 Answer key
The answer key of MICAT 2021 will be released on the official website after the exam is conducted. The answer key will contain the answers to each and every question asked in the exam. Candidates can compare their attempted questions in the exam to those in the answer key and have a brief idea about their Results.
Steps to download the answer key:
MICAT 2021 Eligibility:
The candidates who want to apply for the MICAT entrance exam should go through the eligibility criteria set by the authorities to check their eligibility. The candidates are advised to go through the points below to check their eligibility criteria before filling the MICAT Application Form.
- The candidate must have graduated from the 10+2+3 system or with an equivalent educational system from a recognized institution.
- The candidate must have passed with a valid rank from one of the national level management test which is CAT, XAT or GMAT.
- Those who are appearing in their final examination are also allowed to apply for the entrance exam.
- Foreign Nationals & NRI candidates should have a valid GMAT score (Taken after 2012) & their passport
Also read MICAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus
MICAT 2021 FAQs:
Q: When does the MICAT 2021 entrance get conducted?
A: The MICAT 2021 entrance exam gets conducted 2 times during a year. For more details upon exam dates check Exam Schedule section above.
Q: What is the cut off for MICAT 2021?
A: There is no official cut off declared for the entrance exam.
Q: Who conducts MICAT?
A: MICAT is conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
Q: Is there any descriptive part in the question paper or only MCQs are there?
A: No, the part-1 of the question paper consists of 4 descriptive questions and there are other questions too.
Q: Is there any negative marking in MICAT exam?
A: There is no negative marking for Section 1 and Paper 1 of Section 2. Paper 2 and Paper 3 have 25 percent negative marking in case of wrong answers.
Q: What will be the expected cut off for MICAT 2021?
A: The expected cut off of MICAT 2021 is 59-61.
Q: How the final selection is decided?
A: The final selection is decided by calculating the composite score based on 20% of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT marks, 30% MICAT marks, 20% Group exercise and 30% Personal Interview marks.
Q: What are the centers for the selection procedure?
A: The selection procedure will be held in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Q: Are there any specializations offered in the program?
A: Yes, there are some specializations offered in the 2nd year of the program that are-
- Advertising & Brand Management,
- Digital Communication Management,
- Marketing Analytics,
- Media & Entertainment Management,
- Development Management & Social Enterprise
Q: What are the factors affecting MICA Scholarship?
A: The factors on which the MICA Scholarship based on are-
- Students academic performance and class attendance record
- Family Background
- Family Income not exceeding Rs. 5 lacs per annum
- Scrutiny of Income-Tax Returns and Bank Statements of previous years
- Other achievements
Q: Is there any discount for the OBC candidates in the application fee?
A: No, there is no discount for the OBC candidate in MICAT, the application fee is Rs 1985 /- for all except the background details.
Q: What is the chance to get admission into MICAT?
A: Only 1/10th of the total students who appear for the MICAT entrance test get chance to be selected for admission.