Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad has started registration for MICAT 2021 (MICA Admissions Test) on 6th October. The last date to apply for MICAT 1 is 25th November.
MICAT is an entrance test being conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. The entrance exam allows the students to get admitted to the PGDM - C (Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications) course. This exam is widely popular among students. Almost more than 8000 students compete in this exam for over 180 seats. MICAT is conducted two times in one year as MICAT-I and MICAT-II.
MICAT 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad|
|Exam Type||National Level Screening Test|
|Exam Commencement Frequency||2 times a year|
|Courses Offered||PGDM-C (Graduate Diploma in Management – Communication)|
|Conducted by||Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad|
|MICA Contact Details||02717 308 250 | [email protected]|
MICAT 2021 Registration Started. Apply Here
MICAT 2020 Phase II Result Released, Check here
MICAT 2020 Phase II admit card released, Check Here
MICAT 2021 Schedule:
Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad has released the full schedule of MICAT 2021. Registration starts on 6th October and MICAT 1 Exam is on 5th December. Check the full schedule in the table below:
MICAT 2021 Important Dates
|Registration started||6 October 2020|
|Registration closes||25 November 2020 (11.50 PM)|
|Admit card release||2 December 2020|
|MICAT 1 Exam Date||5 December 2020|
|Result declaration||21 December 2020|
|Registration starts||26 November 2020|
|Registration closes||20 January 2021 (11.50 PM)|
|Admit card release||27 January 2021|
|MICAT 2 Exam Date||30 January 2021|
|Result declaration||14 February 2021|
|GE & PI Shortlist||19 February 2021|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||9, 10 March 2021|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||13, 14, 15 March 2021|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||19, 20, 21 March 2021|
|Final Result||March End 2021|
MICAT 2020 Admit Card:
The admit card for the MICAT entrance exam will be released online on the official website of MICA. The admit cards will be made available to those eligible students who have successfully registered themselves. The Admit card contains examination instructions, candidate's name and other details, exam center and the date & time of entrance examination. It is mandatory for the students to carry admit card with them to the examination center with some valid original id proofs and its photocopies. Students should keenly check the details present in the admit card after downloading the same. If any error/deviation is found then the aspirant should raise the issue to the concerned exam conducting authority. After receiving the complaint the concerned authority will send the new admit card via mail to the concerned candidate.
How To Download MICAT 2020 Admit Card Online?
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
MICAT 2020 Syllabus:
1. Reading Comprehension
3. Word Meaning
5. Antonyms & Synonyms
6. One-Word Substitution
8. Sentence Correction
9. Fill in the Blanks
10. Verbal Ability
4. Number system
5. HCF & LCM
6. Surds and Indices
9. Modern Maths
3. Mass Media
5. International Business
11. Books & Authors
12. Static GK
2. Blood Relations
4. Number Series
5. Seating Arrangement
6. Data Arrangement
7. Data Sufficiency
12. Venn Diagrams
13. Pie Charts
Section C: Descriptive Test
The syllabus of this section of MICAT is not defined as the questions asked could be from any field. This section will contain three-four descriptive questions like essay writing, story writing and a piece arguing for or against a topic. A set of pictures will be given for candidates to create a story from it. So the candidates must read a lot of current affairs write-ups for essay writing and read fictional stories to develop creative writing skills for story writing.
Check MICAT Exam Pattern
MICAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective & Subjective|
|Number of Questions||144|
|Total Duration of Exam||2 hrs 45 mins (35 mins for Section-I & 130 mins for Section-II)|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking for Part 1 and 3. Part 2 has a negative marking of 0.25 percent of the total marks allotted.|
Check MICAT Syllabus
MICAT 2020 Cut Off:
Factors Affecting Cut-off:
Also, Check MICAT Counselling Process
MICAT 2020 Application Form:
How To Apply For MICAT 2020 Online?
Step 1: Register
a. Visit the MICA Official Website and click on the “Apply Online” button for PGDM-C Course.
b. There are two options- New registration and Already registered users.
c. Upon clicking on New Registration, the instructions page appears.
d. The registration form consists the following options that the candidates have to fill- name, email ID, mobile number. The applicants have to click on the “I agree” button and submit the MICAT Registration form
e. Upon final submission, a confirmation page appears with your id and password.
Step 2: MICAT Application Form:
a. Other Personal Details: DOB, Gender, Age, Nationality, Marital status, Parents’ Name and academic qualification and Correspondence Address.
b. Next the candidates have to fill the following details: Permanent Address, Contact Details, Choice of Center: The applicant has the provision of selecting 3 MICAT Exam Centers and also the GE/PI center, if selected.
c. Qualification details: Class 10, Class 12, Graduation details, Master/PG Details, Employment Experience details
d. CAT/XAT/GMAT Details & Uploading Photgraph and Signature
e. The candidates have to follow the given photograph & signature specifications:
Step 3: Payment of MICAT 2020 Application Fee
The application fee is INR 1985 for all categories. Candidates can pay MICAT 2020 application fee via both offline and online mode. They can choose to pay their application fee via Online /Cash (SBI only)/Demand Draft.
Given below are the steps to pay MICAT application fee via online mode:
1. To pay the application fee via online mode, click on “Online Payment”button.
2. Choose the suitable option and enter all the required details.
3. Then, click on “Pay” button.
4. After the successful payment of application fee, the Payment Receipt will be generated.
5. Take a printout of Payment Receipt by clicking on the “Print” button.
Step 4- Print MICAT Registration Form
1. After the successful payment of Application fee, check all the details in the Application Form.
2. If some details are needed to be edited then, click on “Edit Button”
3. After that, click on “Submit Button”
4. Take a printout of MICAT 2020 Application Form
MICAT 2020 Registration Fee:
1. The registration fee of MICAT is Rs. 1985.
2. The payment can be done through Credit Card, Demand Draft and Counter Payment (cash payment in MICA admission office).
3. The DD should be drawn in the favor of ‘MICA’ payable at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Check MICAT Exam Pattern
Check MICAT Syllabus
MICAT 2020 Counselling:
Highlights of Counselling:
1. Shortlist applicants based on MICAT-I or MICAT-II or the better of the two scores if a candidate has taken both MICAT
2. Based on the Descriptive Test, candidates will select for further preference
3. Psychometric test is a qualifier, and those qualifying in the Psychometric test will assess for other sections
4. If the candidate has appeared CAT/XAT/GMAT then, based on their CAT/XAT/GMAT scores, the candidates will be shortlisted.
5. Shortlisted applicants have to appear in Group Exercise and Personal Interview rounds
6. Based on MICAT and CAT/XAT/GMAT scores as well as GE-PI scores, the merit list will prepare for candidates
Check MICAT 2020 Cut-Off
MICAT 2020 Result:
How To Check MICAT 2020 Result Online?
1. Go to Official website of MICAT and log in using given credentials
2. Go to the Result tab
3. Enter the required information and check the result by clicking the Submit button
4. Download the scorecard for further use
MICAT 2020 Answer key
Steps to download the answer key:
Also Check, MICAT 2020 Cut-Off
MICAT 2020 Eligibility:
- The candidate must have graduated from the 10+2+3 system or with an equivalent educational system from a recognized institution.
- The candidate must have passed with a valid rank from one of the national level management test which is CAT, XAT or GMAT.
- Those who are appearing in their final examination are also allowed to apply for the entrance exam.
- Foreign Nationals & NRI candidates should have a valid GMAT score (Taken after 2012) & their passport
Also read MICAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus
MICAT 2020 FAQs:
Q: When does the MICAT 2020 entrance get conducted?
A: The MICAT 2020 entrance exam gets conducted 2 times during a year. For more details upon exam dates check Exam Schedule section above.
Q: What is the cut off for MICAT 2020?
A: There is no official cut off declared for the entrance exam.
Q: Who conducts MICAT?
A: MICAT is conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad.
Q: What other entrance score needed for MICAT?
A: The candidate must have valid score of CAT 2019 OR XAT 2020 or GMAT 2020 to attend MICAT.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
Q: When will the admit card be released for MICAT?
A: The admit card for MICAT will be released in 3rd Dec 2019.
Q: Is there any descriptive part in the question paper or only MCQs are there?
A: No, the part-1 of the question paper consists of 4 descriptive questions and there are other questions too.
Q: Is there any negative marking in MICAT exam?
A: There is no negative marking for Section 1 and Paper 1 of Section 2. Paper 2 and Paper 3 have 25 percent negative marking in case of wrong answers.
Q: What will be the expected cut off for MICAT 2020?
A: The expected cut off of MICAT 2020 is 59-61.
Q: How the final selection is decided?
A: The final selection is decided by calculating the composite score based on 20% of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT marks, 30% MICAT marks, 20% Group exercise and 30% Personal Interview marks.
Q: What are the centers for the selection procedure?
A: The selection procedure will be held in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Q: Are there any specializations offered in the program?
A: Yes, there are some specializations offered in the 2nd year of the program that are-
- Advertising & Brand Management,
- Digital Communication Management,
- Marketing Analytics,
- Media & Entertainment Management,
- Development Management & Social Enterprise
Q: What are the factors affecting MICA Scholarship?
A: The factors on which the MICA Scholarship based on are-
- Students academic performance and class attendance record
- Family Background
- Family Income not exceeding Rs. 5 lacs per annum
- Scrutiny of Income-Tax Returns and Bank Statements of previous years
- Other achievements
Q: Is there any discount for the OBC candidates in the application fee?
A: No, there is no discount for the OBC candidate in MICAT, the application fee is Rs 1985 /- for all except the background details.
Q: What is the chance to get admission into MICAT?
A: Only 1/10th of the total students who appear for the MICAT entrance test get chance to be selected for admission.