AIMS Test for Management Admissions popularly known as ATMA is a national-level online entrance exam for admission into MBA, PGATMA or AIMS and is conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS). ATMA is a single-window test and is held multiple times in a year. The admission to courses will be done on the basis of rank.
ATMA 2020 exam highlights:
1. The Exam Name is AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA).
2. The conducting body is the Association of Indian Management Schools.
3. The exam is held 5 times a year
4. The exam mode is online.
5. The exam duration is 3 hours.
6. The medium of the exam is English.
7. The exam is conducted for admission into 600 management institutes.
8. The number of test cities is 27 in India.
9. The exam helpdesk numbers are 09607404869, 07875999647.
10. The official website is www.atmaaims.com
ATMA 2020 Exam Schedule
Aspirants should keep a check on the important dates of the ATMA 2020 exam given below. This exam is conducted 5 times in a year and the February session is the first session conducted. Below is the complete schedule of the ATMA 2020 Exam February schedule. It is important to know the exam pattern to have a brief idea of the examination.
|ATMA 2020 Registration date||November 18, 2019|
|ATMA 2020 last date of fee payment||February 2, 2020|
|ATMA 2020 Registration end date||February 3, 2020|
|ATMA 2020 Admit Card download||February 5, 2020|
|ATMA 2020 Exam Date||February 9, 2020(2.00 P.M to 5.00 P.M)|
|ATMA 2020 exam Result declaration||February 13, 2020|
|Registration started||18 February 2020|
|Registration ended||4 August 2020|
|Admit card available||6 August 2020|
|Exam date||7 August 2020|
|Result declaration||10 August 2020|
The reporting time at the test center for the ATMA 2020 February Session Exam is 01.00 P.M. The candidates should reach latest by the reporting time to avoid chaos.
ATMA 2020 Exam Admit Card
The admit card of the ATMA exam is released by AIMS on its official website after the end of the registration process on the due date. Candidates who registered successfully for the exam can download the admit card from the official website. The admit card will not be sent in any other mode and the candidate has to download it online only. The Admit Card for the ATMA 2020 February Session was released on 05th Feb 2020 on the official website and is available for download.
How to download ATMA 2020 Admit Card?
1. Go to the official website of AIMS-ATMA https://www.atmaaims.com/
2. Click on candidate login tab on the home page
3. First, select the day of the exam
4. Enter PID number and password
5. ATMA admit card 2020 appears on the screen
Details present in the Admit Card:
2. Roll Number
4. Applicant name and address
5. Candidate's photograph
6. Address of exam center
7. Exam day instructions
8. Signature of applicant
After downloading the admit card, the candidate should check all the details present in it. In case of any wrong information, the conducting authority should be contacted immediately([email protected]). The details of the admission query team are available on the official website.
Check the ATMA 2020 Exam Pattern Here
Important documents to carry on the exam day:
The necessary documents required to carry to the exam hall is mentioned below. Without valid documents, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
1. ATMA 2020 Admit Card
2. Original Photo ID proof issued by Government of India - Original Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/Voter’s Card/Permanent Driving License
3. One clear black and white photocopy of ID proof
4. Two clear black and white copies of Admit card along with one original recent passport size photo affixed on each of them
5. One black and white copy of the Registration form
Important instructions :
1. Carry all the necessary documents to the exam center
2. The test will be conducted from 2 pm to 5 pm. Candidates need to report to the exam center at 1 pm
3. No electronic gadget is allowed inside the exam hall
4. Candidates must bring a ballpoint pen
5. Change of test center is not allowed, except in case of valid reasons in exceptional cases where the request for change is made well in advance i.e. a minimum of 10 days before the day of the test.
6. Registration fee once paid, is non-refundable
After the examinations, the results will be declared by the conducting authority within a few days on the official website. The candidate will be selected on a merit basis which is based on the cutoffs decided by various institutions for admission into their programs.
ATMA 2020 Exam Syllabus
Understanding the syllabus is the first step to start preparations. A comprehensive idea about the syllabus will help in not missing out on any important topics asked in the examination. Besides the syllabus, giving ample mock tests helps in analyzing your strong and weak topics so that you can be well acquainted with the type of questions and exam pattern. The syllabus is not released by the conducting authority officially and is prepared looking at the past year's papers trend. However, AIMS releases mock tests ofthe exam on its official website.
The exam is spread over 6 sections containing 30 questions each. The sections are namely Analytical Reasoning Skills – I, Verbal Skills – I, Quantitative Skills – I, Verbal Skills – II, Analytical Reasoning Skills – II and Quantitative Skills – II. Check the detailed exam pattern.
|Analytical Reasoning Skills(I&II)||Quantitative Skills(I&II)||Verbal skills(I&II)|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Work||Grammar|
|Analogy||Time, speed, distance,||Vocabulary|
|Coding-decoding of words||Mensuration||Jumbled Sentences|
|Statement – True/false||Average|
|Direction sense||Interest- Simple and compound|
|Letter and number arrangement||Number system|
|Assumptions and conclusion||Even & odd numbers|
|Statement – conclusion||Age calculation|
|Symbol decoding||Bar diagrams|
|Decision making with data-driven problems||Graph|
|Syllogisms||Permutation & Combination|
The ATMA exam syllabus is the same in all the sessions conducted by AIMS. ATMA is conducted five times for an academic year. Check ATMA 2020 Exam Dates.
ATMA 2020 Exam Pattern
ATMA 2020 February session exam will be held on 9th February 2020. The exam pattern remains the same in all the sessions of the ATMA Exam.
Here is a brief detail of the exam pattern.
1. The questions are of multiple-choice type.
2. There are a total of 180 questions.
3. The exam is divided into 6 sections.
4. The examination is conducted in online mode
5. ATMA 2020 will be held from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Check the complete schedule here
6. The exam is spread across Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Skills and Quantitative Skills
No. of Questions
Total Time (in min)
Analytical Reasoning Skills Part 1
Analytical Reasoning Skills Part 2
Verbal Skills Part 1
Verbal Skills Part 2
Quantitative Skills Part 1
Quantitative Skills Part 2
ATMA Marking Scheme 2020
For each correct answer, +1 mark is awarded
-0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer
No marks are deducted for wrong answers
Check previous year cutoffs
The candidates can take the mock tests released by the conducting authority on its official website to be aware of the exam pattern. The sample question papers are also released by AIMA on their website which the candidate can consider for practice.
How to download sample papers of ATMA EXAM 2020?
1. Go to the official website of ATMA i.e. atmaaims.com
2. Click on ‘ATMA Sample Papers’
3. Various sample papers will available to download
4. Select a Sample Pape.
5. Download it for practice
Click here to view the Syllabus
ATMA 2020 Exam Cut-Off
The cutoff is the minimum marks required in the entrance examination to qualify for the next rounds of the admission process. Colleges accepting ATMA scores will release their respective cut-offs hence it is not decided by the conducting authority(AIMS). Candidates scoring marks equal to or more than the cut off will be eligible for the next rounds of admission into the institutes. This will be decided after the results are released. The dates have been released by the conducting body officially on their website. The candidates are advised to keep a check on the website of their preferred college.
Top Colleges accepting ATMA 2020 Exam score
Here is the list of participating institutions zone wise accepting ATMA 2020 exam scores for their programs.
|New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM) New Delhi|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management (Jaipuria) Noida|
|School of Inspired Leadership - SOIL Gurgaon|
|Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS) Rohini Delhi|
|Delhi School of Business (DSB) New Delhi|
|CII School of Logistics, Amity University, Noida|
|O P Jindal University, Sonepat (Delhi NCR)|
|Christ University Bengaluru|
|WE School: Prince L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management, Bangalore|
|IBS Hyderabad: ICFAI Business School|
|VIT Business School (VIT) Vellore|
|IPE Hyderabad: Institute of Public Enterprise|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar WE School Mumbai|
|SIESCOMS Navi Mumbai|
|ITM Group of Institutions|
|PUMBA: Department of Management Sciences University of Pune|
|National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM) Pune|
|MIT School of Telecom Management (MITSOT) Pune|
|IMS Business School|
|Institute of Business & Computer Studies (IBCS)|
|Institute of Business Management|
Factors Determining ATMA Cut-off
1. The difficulty level of the entrance exam
2. Total number of candidates appearing in ATMA 2020
3. Total number of the seats available
Check the Answer key here
ATMA 2019 Cutoff of Top Colleges
|Prin L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool), Mumbai||90|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow||80|
|ISBM Pune: International School of Business & Media||80|
|IPE Hyderabad: Institute of Public Enterprise||80|
|SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai||80|
|Acharya Bangalore B-School||80|
|Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management – VJIM Hyderabad||75|
|PSGIM Coimbatore: PSG Institute of Management||75|
|NDIM New Delhi: New Delhi Institute of Management||80|
|G.L. Bajaj Institute of Management and Research||50|
|ICBM- School of Business Excellence (ICBM-SBE)||50|
|Fortune Institute of International Business||50|
|SCMS Cochin School Of Business (SCMS Cochin)||50|
If the candidate's scores are not satisfying the cutoffs, then he/she may apply for the registration process of the next session of ATMA Exam. If the candidate has scored equal to or more than the cutoff marks set by the institution then he/she is eligible for further rounds and the counseling process.
ATMA 2020 Application Form
ATMA is conducted multiple times in a year and the candidate has to register every time if he wishes to take multiple attempts of the exam. The registration process for the ATMA exam for each session is the same. The applicant has to apply on the official website of the examination. There is no offline mode of applying to the exam. Before applying the ATMA exam the candidate needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
How to Register for ATMA 2020 exam?
STEP 1: Fee payment
The first step of the registration is the fee payment. The candidate must pay a token of Rs.1298(for all category students) to continue the application process.
1. Click on the link 'Click here to register for ATMA exam' on the official website
2. Candidates will be redirected to the fee payment page
3. Candidates need to enter their personal details including email ID and mobile number
4. Enter debit/credit card details and make payment of Rs. 1298.
5. On successful payment of the fee, a PID will be sent to candidate's registered email address as well as on his/her mobile through SMS
6. The PID will work as a login ID for ATMA
25% Concession in Fees is applicable for Women candidates
50% Concession is applicable for candidates belonging to the North Eastern States of India
STEP 2: Registration
After the payment of fees, the next step is to fill up the ATMA Application Form. The candidates must fill the details with scrutiny to avoid any discrepancies. In the registration form, candidates need to fill all the personal and academic details.
Information that needs to be filled up are:-
3. Postal Address
4. Email Id
5. Date of Birth
6. Mobile Number
7. Preferred Test City Choice
8. Educational Qualifications
9. Exact Percentage of SSC, HSC, Degree
10. Post-graduation/Professional Degree if applicable
11. Post qualification experience
Step 3: Uploading Documents :
The registration will be completed only after the following scanned documents have been uploaded. Each document specifications is prescribed by AIMA that the applicant has to adhere to for the successful registration of the student for the examination.
1. The size of the photograph should be between 20KB - 50KB
2. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
3. The photograph must be a recent passport-style color picture.
4. The Candidate's face must be clearly visible
5. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format.
1. The Size of the signature should be between 10KB - 20KB
2. The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen
3. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
4. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
5. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format.
Step 4: Taking out the Printout of Admit Card:
After the successful completion of the registration process, the Admit Card will be released on the official website which will be notified to the candidate. Once the admit card has been released, the candidate can enter the PID and password and download the Admit Card. After that, the candidate must take out the printout of the Admit Card to the examination center in order to appear the test. Without the Admit Card, He/She will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Click here to know the detailed Syllabus
The Admit Card for the ATMA 2020 February Session is available for download on the official website from 05th Feb 2020.
ATMA 2020 Exam Counseling
After the declaration of the result, the scorecard of each candidate will be sent to the five participating institutions selected by the candidate at the time of the registration process. The counseling process will be held for the candidates who clear the cutoffs and the GD-PI process in the individual institutions during the assigned date. The verification of documents and other formalities related to counseling will be done on the same date only.
Documents required during counseling are:
The candidate should keep all the original documents and copies at the time of the admission process.
1. 10th and 12th standard Mark sheet
2. Bachelor’s degree Certificate
3. Admit Card
4. Passport size photographs
5. Transfer certificate
6. Caste certificate (if needed
7. Birth Certificate
8.ATMA Score card
9. Photo ID
Check the top colleges accepting ATMA score
Details about the GD-PI round:
Aspirants who secure the minimum cut off marks will have to participate in Group Exercise and Personal Interaction. Every institution holds these rounds separately. The candidates will be notified of the date, time, venue of through Email. Individuals who wish to be admitted to PGDM/MBA programs of different colleges accepting the ATMA score will have to attend all rounds of GD-PI. These rounds are explained in brief below:
Group Exercise: This round assesses the ability of candidates to apply logic and reasons. It brings out the individual’s ability to make decisions and his management skills are highlighted.
Personal Interaction: This is the most crucial part of the selection procedure. The aspirant’s overall personality and confidence will be evaluated. Students must confidently answer questions related to their own academic area and work experience.
The institutions give certain weightage to different parameters on which a candidate is evaluated and is offered final admission. The parameters are the exam score, 10th,12th and graduation marks, work experience, GD.PI, extracurricular activities, and gender diversity.
ATMA 2020 Exam Result
The result of the ATMA 2020 February session will be available on February 13, 2020, on the official website of AIMS ATMA. The score report will contain the section-wise percentile and overall percentile obtained by the candidates. The result will not be sent to the candidates through the post, it can only be downloaded online.
On the basis of the results, the candidates can apply to the colleges according to the cutoff set by the institutions.They must keep a check on the deadline for applying to the institution. The scores will be valid for one year.
How to view the results?
1. Go to the official website of AIMA
2. Click on the result link
3. Provide your user ID and password
4. View the result
5. Download and take a print out for future use
After the results, the candidate will be called for the further rounds of admission and counseling process.
The candidate can check the top colleges accepting the ATMA score and apply accordingly. The candidates need to pay Rs 100 through demand draft per institute if they want to send their scores offline
Details Printed in ATMA Result/Scorecard
1. Name of the candidate
2. Roll number
3. Test date
4. Section-wise scaled score and percentile
5. Total scaled score
6. Total percentile
If the candidate does not clear the cutoffs, he/she can re-attempt the exam in the next session. Check the complete schedule here. The exam pattern remains the same across all the sessions of the exam.
ATMA 2020 Answer Key
After the ATMA exam is conducted, the Answer Key 2020 will be available online at their official website. The answer key will be updated for all the questions asked in the examination. The official answer key will be published within a week after the commencement of the exam in the respective months. If there is any discrepancy with the answer key then candidates can challenge that before the examination board of Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS). The candidates have to pay a certain fee for each question challenged.
How to Download ATMA 2020 Answer Key?
1. Go to the official website of ATMA.
2. Click on the answer key.
3. Log in using credentials i.e Password and Application ID.
4. Enter the necessary details.
5. The answer key appears in the PDF format.
6. Download the PDF file.
How to Evaluate Scores?
The candidates can evaluate their raw scores according to the marking scheme of the examination.
1. For each correct answer award yourself +1
2. For each wrong answer deduct -0.25
3. To get the raw score subtract the marks deducted from total marks scored
Check the detailed scoring pattern. The candidates can check the previous cutoffs according to their evaluated raw scores and apply to the institution accordingly.
ATMA 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for the ATMA exam the candidate must fulfill certain eligibility criteria. This is set by the conducting authority(AIMS). These are the minimum criteria without which the candidate will not be allowed to appear the exam.
1. The candidates must be an Indian citizen and there is no domicile restriction.
2. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
3. The candidate must be of 21 years and no upper limit of age set
4. The percentage criterion can vary for different Management Institutes or Universities.
5. The candidates in the final year can also apply.
6. For MCA programs through ATMA exam 2020, the candidate mustbe an undergraduate in BCA
Concession in Fees is available for:
- For Women: 25% Concession in Fees
- For the North Eastern States of India: 50% Concession in Fees
After checking the eligibility criteria the candidate may proceed to fillup the application form. There is no reservation criteria set by the conducting body however different institutions may have set their own criteria of reservation. ATMA is conducted multiple times in a year by AIMS and the candidate can attempt as many as he/she wants to.
Check the exam pattern
Check top colleges accepting ATMA score
Q: Is there any relaxation in the application fee for reserved category candidates?
A: The relaxation in application fee is only available for women and candidates belonging to the North-Eastern States of India with 50% and 25% concession respectively.
Q: Is the application fee refundable?
A: No, the application fee once paid is nonrefundable under any circumstances.
Q: Can I pay the application fee through Demand Draft?
A: No, the application fee is only paid in online mode through credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
Q: What are the top colleges accepting ATMA scores?
A: Top colleges in India that accept the ATMA score are:
- School of Management, Manipal University
- International School of Management & Research, Pune
- ISBR Business School, Bangalore
- KIIT School of Management, Odisha
- Jagan Institute Of Management Studies, Rohini
- Taxila Business School, Jaipur
- ASM’s Institute of International Business & Research, Pune
- EMPI Business School, Delhi
- ICBM School of Business Excellence, Hyderabad
Q: What are the things I can carry to the examination hall for ATMA?
A: A candidate can carry only the admit card and a blue/black ballpoint pen inside the exam hall. No other things are allowed.
Q: Can I get my admit card through the mail?
A: No, the admit card is available only online. No hard copy will be sent through the post.
Q: How many times is ATMA conducted in a year?
A: ATMA is conducted 5 times a year.
Q: What is the difficulty level of ATMA?
A: ATMA is relatively easy from other MBA entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, etc. Also, unlike other MBA entrance exams, there is no general awareness section in ATMA.
Q: What are the best books to prepare for ATMA?
A: Books which will help to clear ATMA are:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning by Nishit K. Sinha
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations by Dinesh Khattar
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
Q: Can a student who is yet to complete his/her last year apply for the exam?
A: Yes, If the student is currently in his/her last year then he/she can apply for the exam.