Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test (INI CET) is introduced as the new Post-Graduate (PG) Medical Entrance Exam for 2021 admissions. Eligible candidates have to register themselves for the process through the JIPMER portal from 15 September (10 AM) to 16 September 2020 (5 PM). The counselling will be done in order of category-based merit, roster point reservation, and according to the original preferences given by the candidates before the first round of counselling.
JIPMER PG 2020 entrance exam is conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry. The JIPMER PG for the January session will be conducted on 18th September 2020. The last date to apply for JIPMER PG is 25th October 2020. JIPMER PG entrance exam is held biannually (100 each in January and July session) for admission to 200 MD or MS seats available in JIPMER, Puducherry. Out of 100 seats available in each session, 90 seats are reserved for Indian students, including OCI whereas 5 seats are reserved for Indian candidates sponsored by the government and 5 seats for Foreign Nationals candidates.
JIPMER PG 2020 Highlights:
- The exam name is JIPMER PG 2020 entrance examination.
- The conducting body is Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry.
- The mode of exam is online.
- The type of questions is objective type.
- The exam duration is 3 hours.
- The medium of exam is English.
- The total mark is 1000.
- There is a total of 250 multiple type questions.
- (+4) marks for each correct answer and (-1) mark for each negative answer.
JIPMER PG 2020 Schedule:
|Starting of Online registration||18th September 2020|
|End of online registration||25th October 2020|
|Admit Card Download||13th November 2020|
|Exam date||8th December 2020|
|Result Declaration||18th December 2020|
|Counselling||Last week of December 2020|
|Starting of Online registration||4th March 2020|
|End of online registration||9th April 2020|
|Admit Card download||April 2020|
|Exam date||16th May 2020|
|Result Declaration||On or Before 26th May 2020|
|1st counselling (MD/MS)||12th June 2020|
|2nd counselling (MD/MS)||31st August 2020|
|3rd counselling (MD/MS)||15th September 2020|
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card:
Steps to Download Admit Card:
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus:
For MD/MS courses -
- Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics - Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology & Biostatistics
- Clinical Sciences - Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Blood Transfusion Medicine
For MDS courses -
- Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics - General Anatomy including embryology and histology / General human physiology and Biochemistry/ Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology / General Pathology and Microbiology / General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics General Medicine General Surgery / Biostatistics
- Dental Science - Dental Materials/ Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology / Oral Medicine and Radiology / Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry / Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics / Periodontology / Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge/ Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics / Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery / Public Health Dentistry
Check JIPMER PG Exam Pattern
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]|
|Duration of Examination||1. MD/MS course - 3 hours (Three Hours) | 2. MDS course – 1 ½ hour (One Hour and Thirty Minutes)|
|Number of Shifts & Timing of Examination||1. Single Shift :- 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM for MD/MS course | 2. Single Shift:- 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM for MDS course|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer : (+)4 marks | Incorrect Answer: (-)1 marks | Unanswered : (0) marks|
Check JIPMER PG Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Cut Off:
|CATEGORY||Minimum - Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR) / EWSs / Inst / OCI / FN / Sponsored||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – PwD||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- PwD||40|
Factors Affecting Cut-off:
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form:
Here is the Online Application User - Interface:
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Fee:
|General (UR) / OCI / EWSs / SPONSORED||Rs.1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC||Rs.1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|FOREIGN NATIONAL||Rs.3,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|PwD||Exempted From Application Fee|
Also, Check JIPMER PG 2020 Cut-Off
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling:
The Round 3 Counselling/Seat Allocation of JIPMER PG 2020 will be done in Online mode by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry. Eligible candidates have to register themselves for the process through the JIPMER portal from 15 September (10 AM) to 16 September 2020 (5 PM). The counselling will be done in order of category-based merit, roster point reservation, and according to the original preferences given by the candidates before the first round of counselling. Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for 3rd round of seat allocation.
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling Process:
Eligible candidates have to register themselves for the process through the JIPMER portal. The candidates have to log in using the credentials they used to fill the entrance exam application form.
2. Seat Allocation:
The seat allocation will be done in order of category-based merit, roster point reservation, and according to the original preferences given by the candidates before the first round of counselling. The available seat with the highest preference will be allotted to the candidate as per category based merit list and Roster Point reservation.
3. Exercising Option:
Those candidates who are allotted seats need to log in to the portal and choose the "ACCEPT" option within the date specified.
4. Fee Payment:
Those who ACCEPT the seat allotted to them have to pay admission fees of Rs 17,960/- and a security deposit of Rs 50,000/- on or before the date mentioned.
5. Reporting for Admission:
Those who accept the seat and pay the fees have to report physically to JIPMER, Puducherry for Document verification, and to complete the counseling process.
To check the Eligibility, Click Here