|Exam Name||CUSAT CAT|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Level Of Examination||University Level|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
|Category||Post Graduate and Under Graduate|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Courses Offered||BTech, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, LLM etc|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Schedule:
The official schedule of CUSAT CAT 2020 has been released by the conducting authority of the examination. Schedule contains the complete details of the important dates of application, examination, result and counselling. It is very important for the students to check the complete schedule so that there would be no confusion in dates and avoid any kind of last minute hassle. The Registration window was recently extended till the 15th February to help the aspirants. The Entrance Examination is scheduled to be held on 18th-19th April 2020. The official schedule of the exam is mentioned below:
|Online Registration starts from||8th January 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||
Without Fine Amount: 10th February 2020
Without Fine Amount: 15th February 2020
|Availability of admit card (Postponed)||1st week of May 2020 (Tentative)|
|Exam Date (Postponed)||2nd week of May 2020 (Tentative)|
|Releasing of answer key (Postponed)||3rd week of May 2020 (Tentative)|
|Result declaration (Postponed)||4th week of May 2020 (Tentative)|
|Starting of counseling (Postponed)||July 2020 (Tentative)|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit card:
How To Download CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket Online?
Go to the official website of CUSAT CAT (https://www.cusat.ac.in/)
Click the on the Admit Card Download Section. Then the page will redirect to the Admit card downloading page.
After reaching to the admit card download page the students are required Log in into the website using the Registered login id and date of birth.
Check the details mentioned in the admit card are properly mentioned or appropriate. This is because, if on the examination day any kind of misprint or error of details is found in the admit card, then the student will not be allowed to appear the examination.
After checking all the details mentioned in the Admit card, the aspirant needs to download the Admit card and take a print our of the same for future use.
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
Documents Required with CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card to the Exam Center:
CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card must be necessarily carried by a candidate to enter the examination center. The admit card will be used to authenticate the identity of the candidate. Along with the admit card, candidates have to carry a photocopy of a proof of identity.
The POI document can be any one of these:
1. Voter ID
2. PAN Card
3. Aadhar Card
4. Driving License
5. Ration Card
The invigilator verifies the candidate’s identity by matching the details of the admit card with the presented document.
NOTE: If a candidate does not have a valid ID, he/she can download the ‘Identity Certificate’ from CUSAT website. He/She has to fill it, paste a photograph in the given space and get it attested by a Gazetted Officer. It will be accepted as a Proof of Identity at the examination center.
CUSAT CAT EXAM CENTERS:
CUSAT CAT exam is conducted all over the country and centers are set up accordingly. The list of cities which are exam centers:
List exam centers at Kerala District headquarters:
Exam Day Instructions
Instructions to be followed are written on the back of the admit card. Some quick tips for the exam day:
1. The exam starts at the time given on the provisional admit card. Candidate should reach the exam venue 90 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam.
2. CUSAT CAT 2020 is an online examination, thus it will start at the exact time.
3. A computer system is allotted to each candidate.
4. There will be a login screen in front of you. Contact the invigilator if you can’t see the login screen.
5. Ten minutes before the test time, you will be prompted to log in.
6. Enter your Roll No. and date of birth.
7. Successful log in attempt will take you to a screen with this information:
a. Personal details: Check all your details carefully. Click ‘I agree’ to continue to the test.
b. Exam Instructions: Read all the information given about the test.
c. Click on the button ‘I am ready to begin’.
8. The questions are of objective type, one option is correct out of the four given. Candidates have to choose one with a mouse click.
9. Click ‘Save and next’ to save the marked response and move to the next question.
10. You can come back to the question by clicking ‘Mark for review’.
11. To clear the marked answer, click ‘Clear response’.
12. If the student is not comfortable, the font size can be increased or decreased by asking the invigilator.
13. The remaining time is shown on the screen.
14. To go and read the instructions at any point of time, click on ‘Instructions’.
15. Calculators, Pagers, Cell phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the examination hall.
16. Candidates are not allowed to leave the hall before the test’s end time.
17. Candidate should inform the invigilator immediately in case of any technical problem.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Syllabus:
Syllabus of CUSAT CAT 2020 is always published along with the examination brochure on the official website of Cochin University of Science & Technology. Students can download the official brochure to know the detailed syllabus of the examination like the chapters of different subjects that will be asked in the exam questionnaire. The syllabus consist of all the detailed elaboration of important subjects that will asked in the Entrance Examination. It is very important for the students to know the detailed syllabus of the examination to avoid any kind of confusion during the examination process. The CUSAT CAT 2020 Syllabus is divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. These three sections are further divided into sub-topics. To land a seat in the desired B.Tech program, a candidate needs to know the exact syllabus for better preparation and better performance.
|First Year B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc in Photonics||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|BBA.LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com.LL.B. (Hons).||General English, Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Law Related Matters|
|MCA||Mathematics, Logical Reasoning|
|LL.B.||English, Comprehension Ability, General Knowledge/Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning|
Important Chapters of Different Subjects:
|Units And Measurement||Some Basic Concepts Of Chemistry||Trigonometric Functions|
|Motion In A Plane||Structure Of Atom||Linear Inequalities|
|Laws Of Motion||Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure||Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations|
|Motion In A Straight Line||Classification Of Elements And Periodicity In Properties||Principle Of Mathematical Induction|
|Work, Energy And Power||States Of Matter||Permutations And Combinations|
|Motion In A Straight Line||Thermodynamics||Binomial Theorem|
|System Of Particles And Rotational Motion||Hydrocarbons||Sequences And Series|
|Gravitation||Redox Reactions||Straight Lines|
|Mechanical Properties Of Fluids||Hydrogen||Conic Sections|
|Thermal Properties Of Matter||Equilibrium||Limits and Derivaties|
|Mechanical Properties Of Solids||The S-Block Elements||Mathematical Reasoning|
|Oscillations||The Solid State||Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Waves||Surface Chemistry||Inverse Trigonometric Functions|
|Kinetic Theory||General Principles And Process Of Isolation Of Elements||Matrices|
|Electric Charges And Fields||The P - Block Elements||Determinants|
|Current Electricity||The D And F Block Elements||Linear Programming|
|Electrostatic Potential And Capacitance||Electro-chemistry||Relations And Functions|
|Moving Charges And Magnetism||Chemical Kinetics||Continuity And Differentiability|
|Electromagnetic Induction||Coordination Compounds||Application Of Derivatives|
|Alternating Current||Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers||Integrals|
|Magnetism And Matter||Haloalkanes And Haloarenes||Differential Equations|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids||Vector Algebra|
|Wave Optics||Amines||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Ray Optics And Optical Instruments||Polymers||Application Of Integrals|
|Dual Nature Of Radiation And Matter||Chemistry In Everyday Life||Probability|
Check CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern Here
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
The Exam Pattern of CUSAT CAT is published on the official website of the exam conducting authority of Cochin University of Science & Technology. Exam pattern is published so that the students will be able to know about the different aspects of the exam like the manner in which the questions will be asked, the total number of questions that will be asked, the marking scheme for each question, Negative markings if any and how much etc. Students should check the Exam Pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020 so, that they can plan their studies accordingly and prepare for the Entrance Examination. Its very important for the students to be aware of the exam pattern and Syllabus so as to have a good preparation for the exam.
Highlights CUSAT CAT:
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
Paper 1 - Mathematics (125 Questions)
Paper 2 - Physics (75 Questions) and Chemistry (50 Questions)
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Total Number of Question||250 Questions|
Paper 1 - Mathematics (375 Marks)
a. Physics (225 Marks)
b. Chemistry (150 Marks)
|Marking Scheme||For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
Subject wise Mark Distribution:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Check the Complete CUSAT CAT 2020 Syllabus Here
CUSAT CAT 2020 Cutoff:
Factors Affecting Cut-offs
Number of Applicants who have appeared the examination
The total number of applicants who have appeared the examination is directly impacts to the total number of students who will qualify the examination. This is because, if large number of candidates are appearing the exam then there is a high probability that many students will perform well in the examination which in return will increase the margin of Cut-off. This is done to select the best performing candidates for admission into various courses.
Difficulty Level of the exam
The difficulty level of the examination is directly proposnal to the performance of candidates appearing the examination. If the difficulty level of the examination is high then the overall performance of the candidates will be probably modest. In this case the Organizing Authority will try to keep the cut-off margin as low as possible to attract admission in to their college
Previous Year Cut-offs
Previous year cut-off act as a base margin of setting of new current year cut-off. This factor greatly affects the determination of cut-off as it gives an idea to the authorities regarding what should be the cut-off margin based on the performance of total number candidates appearing the examination.
Number of Seats available
Selection of candidates is majorly done depending on the total number of seats available in the particular college. There are certain restrictions issued by the Government of India that limits the available of seats for admission into a certain course for each and every college. Therefore if the number of seats for admission are less then the cut-off margin will be very high. This is done to select the best performing candidates for admission into various courses.
Previous Year Cut-off:
For Year 2018:
For Year 2017:
For Year 2016:
For Year 2015:
The table below shows the cut off for engineering courses:
|Department Name||College||Closing Rank|
|Safety and fire Engineering||School of Engineering, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||1581|
|Electronics and communication Engineering||School of Engineering, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||2893|
|Mechanical Engineering||School of Engineering, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||1494|
|Computer science Engineering||School of Engineering, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||2388|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||Department of ship Technology, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||150|
|Civil Engineering||Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||5195|
|Electronics and communication Engineering||Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||5385|
|Information technology||Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||6800|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||5342|
|Computer science Engineering||Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||5289|
|Polymer Technology||Department of Polymer science and rubber Technology, Cochin University of science and Technology. Ernakulam||4440|
|Mechanical Engineering||Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad||3823|
|Civil Engineering||School of Engineering, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||3165|
|Information Technology||School of Engineering, Cochin University of science and Technology, Ernakulam||4793|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Application:
The registration of CUSAT CAT has started from 8th January 2020. At first the students have to register themselves on the official website of Cochin University of Science & Technology. After the registration is complete the students are required to fill up the application form with utmost care this is because if any kind of misinformation is found then the Registration of the candidate will be cancelled. There are some basic details asked in the application form like the Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details and other Identity and National Details. Its also advised that the students should check the eligibility properly before registering themselves for the Examination. If any cancicate is found not eligible for the examination then the candidate will not be allowed for the entrance examination, his/her registration will be cancelled and the registration amount will not be refunded. For more details check Brochure given below,
Get the Official CUSAT CAT 2020 Brochure. Click Here
Steps to Apply/Register:
Step 1 - Registration
In the first step, the candidates will have to create their login ID and register for the examination. To register and create a login ID, the candidates will have to follow the given steps:
1. Go to the official website of CUSAT CAT 2020
2. Click on “New Candidate Registration”
3. Candidates will have to enter their name, valid email address and mobile number.
4. Click on “Submit”
After the registration is done, an activated mail will be sent to the candidates’ registered email address. The generated user ID and password will be available in the email.
Step 2 - Filling of Application Form
Using the generated user ID and password, the candidates will have to login to fill out the CUSAT CAT application form 2020. While filling out the application form, the candidates will have to ensure that valid information is provided. The following details have to be provided by the candidates in the application form:
1. Father’s Name
2. Mother's Name
3. Occupation of Mother and Father
4. Parents’ Annual Income
5. Candidate’s Date of Birth
10. Choose category for claim for communal reservation from the drop down menu (If applicable)
11. Enter “YES” or “NO” as per your eligibility for OEC benefits
12. Select Annual Family Income (range)
13. Click on the “NEXT” button to move to the next stage
14. Select Special Reservation Category/Categories (if applicable).
15. Select Eligibility Qualification for the course/courses you wish to apply for.
16. After all of the required details are provided, the candidates will have to click on “Next”
Step 3 - Uploading of Scanned Documents
In the next step, the candidates will have to upload the scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature. The images should be uploaded as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities. If the images are not uploaded in the desired format, then CUSAT CAT 2020 application form will not be accepted by the authorities.
Specifications of Photograph and Signature
|Documents to be Uploaded||Specifications|
Recent color passport sized photograph should have the name of the candidate and date of photo taken at the bottom in black letters
File size: Less than 500KB
File dimensions: 150px X 180px
The signature should have been done on a white paper by the candidates.
File size: Less than 100KB
File dimensions: 130px X 57px
Step 4 - Course Selection
After the images are uploaded, the candidates will be required to select their preferred course. More than one course can be selected by the candidates. The selection has to be done as per preference. Candidates will also be able to select subsidiary subjects of their degree. Click on “Submit”. The candidates will be able to preview their submitted details. Changes can be made before submission if required.
Step 5 - Fee Payment
Next, the candidates will have to pay the required application fee in online mode (net banking/credit card/debit card). Offline mode of payment will not be accepted by the authorities. Candidates will not be able to complete the application procedure if the fee is not paid.
|General Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|For Kerala SC/ST candidates||Rs. 500|
|International Candidates / PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers||US$ 100|
|NRI Seats||Rs. 5000|
|Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs. 10,000|
|Ph.D. and M.Phil Programmes||Rs. 1,000 (Rs. 500 for SC/ST Candidates)|
|Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs. 100 (Rs. 50 for SC/ST Candidates)|
Transaction Charges for Payment of Application Fee
|Mode of Payment||Particulars||Transaction Fee|
|Net Banking||State Bank of India & Associates||Rs 16 per transactions|
|ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and Yes Bank||Rs. 12 per transaction|
|HDFC Bank||Rs. 16 per transaction|
|Other Bank||Rs. 8 per transaction|
|Debit Card||Any Bank||
0.75% (up to 2000)
1.00% (More than 2000)
|Credit Card||Any Bank||1.25%|
List of Banks for Payment of CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Fee (Net Banking)
|Name of the Bank||Name of the Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Canara Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Ratnakar Bank Limited|
|Bank of Maharashtra||South Indian Bank|
|Indian Bank||Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait|
|Karnataka Bank||SVC Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
|Dhanlaxmi Bank||Vijaya Bank|
|Federal Bank||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|Standard Chartered Bank||State Bank of India|
|Indian Overseas||Central Bank of India|
|J&K Bank||State Bank of Travancore|
|Union Bank of India||ICICI Bank|
|Karur Vysya Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||Tamil Naidu Mercantile Bank|
|State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur||State Bank of Patiala|
|Yes Bank||Axis Bank|
|State Bank of Mysore||Catholic Syrian Bank|
Step 6 - Selection of Centres
After the payment process is completed, the candidates will have to select their preferred exam centre. The list of available centres will be made available by the authorities. The selection of exam centre has to be according to preference since it will be considered by the authorities during the allotment of centres.
Step 7 - Submission of CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates will be able to preview their submitted details. If all of the details are correct, the candidates will have to click on “Confirm”. The registration number will be displayed on the screen after the application form is submitted. Candidates are advised to keep the registration number safely since it will be required in the future. Atleast two printouts of the submitted CUSAT CAT application form 2020 has to be taken by the candidates.
Details to be Filled in the Application Form
|Detail to be filled||Particulars|
|Name||Name of the Candidate|
|Academic details||Qualification oldest to latest|
|Address||Postal address along with zip code|
|Current residence||Within India|
|Father's name||Full name|
|Email address||valid email address|
|Date of birth||MM/DD/YYYY|
|Phone number||Valid mobile number|
|Non-Indian||Detail with passport number|
|Aadhar card number||UAN|
|Have ever attempted CUSAT CAT exam before||Yes or No|
|Address proof||Need to tick on the option from the available options|
|Id proof||Need to tick on the option from the available options|
|GATE exam if appeared ever||Yes or No|
|GATE score if applicable||Mention the score|
Application Form Correction
The Application correction window for the students will be notified by the conducting authority on the official website of the Cochin University of Science & Technology. Students can apply for the correction of application form with in the Scheduled date. For this they have to login into the official website with the registered email.id and password, then make the necessary corrections required. The details mentioned in the application form has to be genuine. The students who are applying with reservation quota have to support their registration with proper documents. If it is found that the student has not properly registered him/herself then the whole registration of the candidate will be cancelled and the registration amount will not be refunded as per the terms and conditions of the registration. Therefore it is mandatory for the students to fill the application form properly with the genuine details to the best of the candidate's knowledge. The complete steps of Application correction is mentioned below:
Steps of Application Re-Correction Process:
1. Visit the Official website of CUSAT CAT.
2. Click on the notification link of "Application Re-correction".
3. Make the necessary changes required in the details section of the application form.
4. Check and Validate the details provided and double check if not confident.
5. After checking all the details the students are required to Click on the Save and Submit Option.
6. Students should take a print out of the Application form for future use.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling:
|Start date of Mark Entry and Option Registration and Rearrangement||Second week of May 2020|
|Final Date For Mark Entry And Option Registration And Rearrangement||Last week of May 2020|
|First round allotment and start date of online Fee Payment and Rearrangement Of Options||Second week of June 2020|
|Last date of Fee Payment For first allotment round and Rearrangement Of Options||Second week of June 2020|
|B.Tech second round allotment and start date of online Fee Payment and Rearrangement Of Options||Second week of June 2020|
|Last date of Fee Payment For second allotment round||Third week of June 2020|
Joining and Certificate Verification of B.Tech Candidates who got allotment and paid the fees. The process will be conducted for students of following branches-
1. B.Tech Electrical And Electronics Engineering
2. B.Tech Electronics And Communication Engineering
3. B.Tech Naval Architecture And Ship Building
4. B.Tech Instrumentation Technology
5. B.Tech Polymer Science And Engineering
|Third week of June 2020|
Joining and Certificate Verification of candidates of following B.tech Branches-
1. B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
2. B.Tech Civil Engineering
|Third week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Marine Engineering Candidates having Marine Rank between 1 To 1000||Fourth week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Marine Engineering Candidates Having Marine Rank From 1001 To 2500||Fourth week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Candidates having B.Tech General Rank between 1 To 2500||Fourth week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Candidates having B.Tech General Rank From 2501 To 4500||Fourth week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Marine Engineering Candidates having Marine Rank between 2501 to last Rank||Fourth week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Candidates having B.Tech General Rank between 4501 To 6500||Last week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of Candidates having B.Tech General Rank between 6501 To 9000||Last week of June 2020|
|Centralised Allotment/Counselling of candidates having B.Tech General Rank between 9001 To Last Rank||First week of July 2020|
|Final updation of B.Tech candidates who have already joined Courses and waitlist candidates||Second week of July 2020|
|Joining and Certificate Verification of candidates who have been freshly allotted seats and final updation of B.Tech admitted candidates.||Second week of July 2020|
|Commencement Of B.Tech Classes||Third week of July 2020|
|Start date of Online Option Registration for Supplementary Online Allotments||Third week of July 2020|
|Last date of Online Option Registration for Supplementary Online Allotments||Third week of July 2020|
|First Supplementary Online Allotment and start date of fee payment And Option Rearrangements||Third week of July 2020|
|Last date of payment of fees for first Supplementary Online Allotment||Third week of July 2020|
|Last date of Option Rearrangement for Second Supplementary Online Allotment||Fourth week of July 2020|
|Second Supplementary Online Allotment And start date of fee Payment And Option Rearrangements||Fourth week of July 2020|
|Last date of Fee Payment For Second Supplementary Online Allotment||Fourth week of July 2020|
|Joining And Certificate Verification of candidates allotted seats under Supplementary Allotment and who have paid fees.||Fourth week of July 2020|
Steps of Counselling Process:
CUSAT CAT Seat Allotment 2020
Seat Acceptance and Payment of Fees
After declaration of CUSAT CAT seat allotment 2020 result, candidates will have to confirm their allotted seats by payment of admission fees. It must be noted that the candidates have to pay the admission fee within the stipulated time. If a candidate fails to pay the fees within the stipulated time, his/her allotted seat will be cancelled.
Previous Year Seat Matrix:
Cochin University College of Engineering Kuttanad
|Computer Science and Engineering||45|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||45|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||45|
School of Engineering, Thrikkakara
|Computer Science and Engineering||90|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||90|
|Safety & Fire Engineering||60|
Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering
|B.Tech. Marine Engineering (Residential Programme)||80|
Department of Ship Technology
|B. Tech Naval Architecture & Ship Building||42 (15 seats reserved for Naval candidates)|
Department of Polymer Science & Rubber Technology
|B. Tech in Polymer Science & Engineering||20|
Department of Instrumentation
|B. Tech. Instrumentation Technology||28|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Result:
How To Check CUSAT CAT 2020 Result Online?
Step 1: Visit the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology.
Step 2: Go to the Result Section which will be available in the Notification tab. Then Click on the Result Tab.
Step 3: After Clicking on the Result Tab, the website will redirect to the Login page. Login to the website using the Roll no, DOB, Date of the exam
Step 4: After logging in the result will be shown on the screen along with rank. Here the should check all the details like the name of the candidate mentioned in the Scorecard, marks secured in various sections, aggregate marks and rank.
Step 5: Students are advised to Download and keep a copy of the Result/ Scorecard for future use.
What to Do If a Candidate Do Not Remember Roll Number?
The only detail which a candidate shall require to check the CUSAT CAT 2019 Result is Roll Number. Now, one of the issue is that Roll Number of the candidate is not sent to his/her registered email id or Mobile number. However, it is printed on the CUSAT CAT Admit Card. Hence, you can retrieve it simply from your Admit card. If you do not have your admit card, then it is advised to contact the concerned authorities regarding this issue
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
How to Calculate CUSAT CAT 2020 Score/Marks:
CUSAT CAT 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key for CUSAT CAT 2020 will be released soon after the commencement of the exam. The Conducting Authority i.e. Cochin University of Science and Technology of the examination will publish the Answer Key on its official website. The answer key is expected to be released on 1st week of March 2020. After the release of answer key, the students can evaluate their performance and probable result as per the answer key.
Steps to Challenge the Answer Key:
CUSAT CAT 2020 Eligibility:
Cochin University of Science and Technology will prescribe the CUSAT CAT eligibility criteria 2020. Students preparing for the entrance test must go through the eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT 2020 to ensure that they will be considered eligible for admission in the institute on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. In the CUSAT CAT eligibility criteria, the authorities will specify the conditions that candidates will have to fulfill to be deemed eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT will include age limit, academic qualifications, nationality and other important eligibility conditions set by the authorities. Students must note that candidates who will be unable to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the authorities will not be considered for admissions and their Application form will be cancelled. Students can read the detailed CUSAT CAT eligibility criteria 2020 through this article.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech and B.Voc Programmes
For B.Tech Programmes/ B.Tech Polymer Science and Engineering
1. The candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination of the state of Kerala with the subjects physics, chemistry and mathematics as optional subjects.
2. Candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks in mathematics alone and 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics when taken together.
3. 5% relaxation given to SEBC candidates of Kerala belonging to NCL category.
For B.Tech Marine Engineering Programme
1. The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from Kerala or its equivalent examination with the subjects chemistry, physics and mathematics
2. The candidates must have secured minimum 60% in PCM and 50% in mathematics alone
3. The candidates should have passed 10th and 12th with minimum 50% marks (applicable for SC / ST candidates)
4. The candidates must not be more than 25 years as on September 01, of the same year,
5. Candidates must have a physical fitness and eye certificate from a medical officer approved by the DG shipping.
For B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering
1. The candidates who want to pursue this course must have passed class 12th from any national / state board with the subjects mathematics, chemistry and physics,
2. The candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% in mathematics and 60% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics when put together.
3. 5% relaxation in marks for SEBC candidates of Kerala (NCL category)
For B.Voc Business Process and Data Analytics Programme
1. For pursuing this course, the candidates should have complete 10+2 from national / state board with statistics or mathematics as one of their subjects.
2. The candidates applying for this course must have at least 65% in aggregate or equivalent CGPA
3. 5% relaxation for SEBC candidates belonging to Kerala (NCL category)
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc Programmes
For M.Sc (5 year integrated) Photonics Programme
1. For pursuing M.Sc. in Photonics, the candidates must have completed 10+2 from Kerala with the subjects mathematics, physics, chemistry as an optional subject or any equivalent examination.
2. The candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in mathematics and 50% marks aggregate in physics, mathematics and chemistry.
3. 5% relaxation in marks for SEBC of Kerala (NCL category).
For M.Sc (5 years integrated) Science Programme
1. Who have completed Class 12th from any recognised Board or its equivalent examination with Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics as subject
2.Candidate must have obtained at least 75% aggregate marks in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
Eligibility Criteria for Law Programmes
For BBA LLB and B Com LLB
1. For pursuing any of the courses from the law stream, the candidates must have qualified 10+2. They must have obtained 60% marks which include languages in arts / humanities stream.
2. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC must not be older than 20 or 22
3. Candidates belonging to SC / ST or SEBC communities must have minimum 50% marks in class 12th.
For 5-year Integrated LLM (IPR) PhD
1. For pursuing this course, the candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in law from any of the universities in Kerala or from any other university.
2. The candidates must have done bachelor’s with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
LLM (IP) PhD
1. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, history, management, science and technology from any of the universities.
2. The candidates must have secured at least 55% marks.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA and MCA Lateral Programme
For MCA Programme, MCA Lateral Entry
1. Those want to pursue MCA must have done graduation in science with mathematics as one of their subjects or must have completed graduation in electronics / information technology / computer science / computer application / engineering / technology.
2. The candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks.
3. 5% of relaxation for SEBC candidates of Kerala (NCL category)
Eligibility Criteria for MA Programmes
1. The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and must have minimum 55% marks or have secured 60% marks in BBA, B.Com, BBM with economics OR have secured 65% arks in B.Sc. mathematics or statistics.
2. 5% relaxation will be given to SEBC candidates of Kerala belonging NCL category.
For MA Hindi Language and Literature
1. The candidates must have a B.A. / B.SC degree in Hindi and must have atleast 45% marks.
2. 5% relation to SEBC candidates of Kerala (NCL category)
Eligibility Criteria for MSc, MFsc and MVoc Programmes
1. For pursuing M.Sc programme, the candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with 55% marks.
2. For pursuing MFSc. programme, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with 55% marks.
3. For taking admission in M.Voc programme, the candidates must obtain 60% marks in the respective subject or 50% marks in engineering.