Tolani Maritime Institute is one of the largest maritime educational centers offering MARINE ENGINEERING and NAUTICAL SCIENCE degree programs. These degree programs at TMI have been awarded Grade A1 (Outstanding) by ClassNK in the Comprehensive Inspection Programme of DG Shipping. The programmes are also awarded SME Grade 1 (Outstanding) by CRISIL. However, to qualify for admission candidates have to crack the entrance exam of the university. This exam is called Tolani Maritime Institute Science Aptitude Test (TMISAT).
For B. Tech. Marine Engineering/ B. Sc. Nautical Science
Qualifying in IMUCET is mandatory for admission.
- Male candidates born on or after 1st September 1998 are eligible to apply for the 2019 batch. In accordance with Government of India guidelines, there is a two year age relaxation for female candidates and girls born on or after 1st September 1996 are eligible to apply for the 2019 batch.
- Minimum age of a candidate shall be 17 years.
- TMI encourages the participation of both genders without discrimination.
- Only unmarried candidates will be considered.
- You must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:
- At least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), and
At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII
- At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XI
The Institute has laid down detailed minimum physical fitness and medical standards. The candidate has to meet these standards to qualify for admission. You are advised to have yourself medically examined by competent doctors before applying. This will ensure that you meet the minimum requirements, which in turn will avoid disappointment at a later stage.
TMISAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination will be Online
- Total Duration of the exam will be 1 Hour
- Type of Questions will be asked in MCQ form.
- 30 questions from Physics, 30 questions from Mathematics, 10 questions from Analytical and 10 questions from Logical Reasoning will be asked in the exam.
- There will be negative marking for questions answered incorrectly in Mathematics and Physics.
TMISAT 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus of TMISAT 2019 is based on 11th and 12th CBSE standard Physics and Mathematics syllabus.