IIFT is an autonomous organization to help in professionalizing the country's foreign trade management, increase exports by developing human resources and analyzing, disseminating data and conducting research. IIFT entrance exam is a national-level entrance exam held once every year. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in the month of December. IIFT has 3 colleges in India located in New Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada.
National Testing Agency(NTA) has declared the result of IIFT 2021 on 16th February. IIFTExam was held on 24 January 2021.
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
IIFT 2021 Schedule
|Application form release Date||6th November 2020|
|Application form submission last Date||20 December 2020|
|IIFT 2021 admit card available Date||16th January 2021|
|IIFT 2021 exam Date||24 January 2021|
|IIFT result declare||16th February 2021|
IIFT 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam center. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
Steps to download the admit card:
1. Click on the official link of IIFT
2. Click on ‘download your admit card
3. Enter registration number, password, and captcha
4. Click on the login
5. Click on download the admit card
Details present in the IIFT admit card:
1. Name of the candidate
2. Category of the candidate
4. Roll Number
5. Registration/Application Number
6. Exam date
7. Exam time
8. Exam venue
9. Candidate's contact details
10. Candidate's photograph
11. Candidate’s signature
12. Instructions related to exam day
Know IIFT Exam Pattern
|Quantitative Analysis||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation||General Awareness|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Synonyms & Antonyms||Coding-Decoding||Geography|
|Man Days and Work||Idioms and phrases||Syllogisms||Society|
|Probability||Rearrangement of words in a sentence||Visual & Critical Reasoning||International Affairs|
|Permutation and Combination||Fill in the blanks||Family Tree Problems||Science|
|Speed, Time, and Distance||Grammar||Statement & Conclusion||Awards & Awardees|
|Trigonometry||Sentence correction||Bar & Line Graph||Sports|
|Profit & Loss||Active-passive||Pie Charts||Entertainment|
|Linear Equations Algebra||Opinion Based Abstract topics||Tables||History|
|Geometry||Fact-based data-driven topics||Linear & Matrix Arrangements||Mythology|
Go through IIFT Exam Pattern
IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
|Section||Total Questions||Mark for Each Correct Answer||Mark for Each Incorrect Answer||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||35||+3||-1||105|
|Logical Reasoning &Data Interpretation||30||+3||-1||90|
|General Awareness (GK)||20||+1.5||-0.5||30|
IIFT 2021 Cut-Off
IIFT cutoff 2021 is the minimum score required to be eligible for Essay Writing (EW), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) round of IIFT admissions. The cut-off is different for all the 3 campuses of IIFT present in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. There is both overall and sectional cut-off for IIFT. The cut-off will be released after the IIFT Result and will be eligible for the Counselling Process.
Factors affecting the cut-off
1. Number of candidates who appeared for IIFT exam 2021
2. Number of candidates who pass the exam
3. The difficulty level of the exam paper
4. Number of seats available at IIFT (three campuses)
IIFT 2021 expected cut-off:
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||33-36|
|Logical Reasoning &Data Interpretation||10-20|
|General Awareness (GK)||6-7|
IIFT 2021 category wise cut-off:
IIFT 2021 Application FormStep 1: Registration
1. Go to the official website of IIFT
2. Click on "Fill Online Application Form" and select "new registration"
3. Fill all the basic details asked and submit it
4. Enter the password and choose a security question
5. The application number will be generated
Step 2: Application Form
1. Log in to the application form through the application number
2. Provide your educational details
3. Provide work experience details (if any)
4. Review all the necessary areas you provided the details and then submit the form
5. After successful registration, a confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email address
Step 3: Uploading Images
Upload scanned images of photo and signature with specifications mentioned:
|Photograph||10 kb to 200 kb||JPG/JPEG format|
|Signature||4 kb to 30 kb||JPG/JPEG format|
Step 4: Payment
The candidates can pay the fees through credit card/debit card (VISA/Mastercard), net banking or mobile wallets (Paytm/UPI). The application fee for IIFT is:
|Foreign Nationals/NRIs||The US $200|
IIFT Exam Centres
Check IIFT Exam Pattern
IIFT 2021 Counselling
The counseling session for IIFT 2021 is conducted after the result declaration for the entrance exam. The counseling session conducted will allow the candidates to get admitted in various MBA & PGDM programs in all the 3 colleges of IIFT. The notification for the counseling session will be available on the official website of IIFT. The candidates will be allotted with seats as per their performance and merit list. To participate in the counseling session, the candidates need to register themselves online on the respective website and get the date for their counseling session.
1. Candidates who will clear the IIFT 2021 written exam will be further called for Essay Writing, GD (Group Discussion), and PI (Personal Interview) rounds.
2. For Essay Writing, candidates will be provided a topic related to General or business affairs. The average time allotted to draft an essay of around 300 words is 20 minutes.
3. In GD round, the candidates will be divided into groups of 10-12 and given a topic to provide their opinions on.
4. In PI round, panelists will ask the candidates questions.
5. After all the rounds are over, the candidates will be communicated through their e-mail
Mock Tests are the best way to prepare for any entrance exams as it provides the exact syllabus and pattern that has to appear in the actual exam on December 1, 2019. The official site doesn't provide the mock test papers. This year the National Testing Agency(NTA) has taken over to conduct the IIFT Entrance Exam. Also, it has been changed from offline mode to online mode due to the addition of new sections. So it is advisable to practice the recent mock test papers rather than the previous year's papers.
Check IIFT 2021 Cut-Off
IIFT 2021 Result
The result of IIFT 2021 is declared by NTA after few days of the commencement of the exam. Soon after the declaration of the IIFT exam result, the IIFT, Delhi will release category-wise cut-offs for essay writing, group discussion, and personal interview round. The final result is released after all rounds are completed. Candidates clearing the IIFT Cut-Off will be eligible for the Counseling Process
Steps to check the IIFT Result:
1. Visit the official website of IIFT or NTA
2. Click on the notification indicating IIFT 2021: MBA (IB) scorecard
3. Enter application number and password or date of birth
4. IIFT 2020 result will appear on the screen
5.Download and take a printout of the scorecard
Details Present in the Scorecard:
1. Candidate’s Name
2. Candidate’s Roll Number
3. Candidate’s Date of Birth
4. Section-wise maximum marks
5. Sectional cut-off and marks secured in each section
6. Total score
7. Overall percentile
IIFT 2021 Answer Key
The answer key for IIFT 2021 will be released soon after the commencement of the exam. The candidates will be able to get the answer key from the official website of IIFT. After the release, the candidates will be able to evaluate their performance and score as per the answer key.
Steps to View the Answer Key:
1. Go to the official website of IIFT NTA
2. Click on the final answer key link present in the current event section
3. The final answer key will be present on the screen in pdf format
How to challenge IIFT answer key
The candidates must download the preliminary answer keys and verify each answer. In case, they think an answer (answers) is incorrect, they can challenge it by filling a form online and paying Rs 1000 per question. The fees are to be paid online by credit/debit card/net banking/ PAYTM/UPI services. If the challenge is found correct, the processing fee will be refunded to the candidate online.
IIFT 2021 Eligibility
1. The applicant must have recognized a bachelor’s degree of a minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate
2. The Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) are also eligible to apply
For Foreign Nationals and NRI Applicants:
1. Candidates should have been residing outside India for at least 18 months as of December 31, 2019.
2. Candidates must possess a valid passport/ travel document from a country other than India.
3. Candidates must have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score
4. NRI- Sponsored and Children of NRI candidates are not eligible
|Category||Reservation of Seats in IIFT|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||27%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
Check IIFT Exam Pattern
Q: What is the application fee for IIFT 2021?
Answer: The fee for the General candidate is Rs. 2000 and for Reserved candidate is Rs. 1000.
Q: Is the admission procedure the same for foreign national candidates?
Answer: No, the foreign national candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of GMAT score. They will then have to undergo a Personal Interview round at the IIFT campus. Candidates failing to appear physically for PI can also be interviewed through Skype.
Q: Are there any reservations applicable while applying for the IIFT exam?
Answer: The eligibility for General/ OBC/ EWS candidates in graduation is minimum 50% and for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is 45%. The admission in IIFT follows the given reservation procedure:
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||5%|
Q: In which companies do the candidates get placed in IIFT?
Answer: Some of the leading recruiters at IIFT are Goldman Sachs, ITC, JP Morgan, Godrej, Amazon, ICICI Bank, HDFC, Citibank, HSBC, Axis Bank, Cognizant Business Consulting, HP, Infosys, Tata Steel, Wipro, L&T, HPCL, IOCL, SBI, GAIL, Citibank, etc.
Q: Can I fill the application form through offline mode?
A: No, the application form for IIFT 2021 will only be available online and candidates have to fill the form through online mode only.
Q: Is there any age limit to apply for IIFT 2021?
A: No, there is no age limit defined by the authorities in order to appear for IIFT 2021.
Q: Is there any sectional cut-off for IIFT 2021?
A: Yes, along with the overall cut-off there will be a sectional cut-off for each section which may vary every year.
Q: What documents do I need to carry during the counseling process of IIFT 2021?
A: The candidates need to carry the following documents to the counseling process:
- IIFT 2021 scorecard
- Provisional/Degree certificate of undergraduate
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate(if applicable)
- Photo ID proof
Q: How many seats are offered through IIFT 2021?
A: A total of 360 seats are available on both the campuses of IIFT through the entrance exam.
Q: Can I change the exam centre of IIFT 2021 after I have submitted the application form?
A: Yes, the candidates can change the exam centre of IIFT 2021 within a brief period of time by paying Rs 1000.