National Admission Test (APIIT NAT) is conducted by the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT). The entrance exam is conducted for offering admission in B.Tech. Around 50% of the seats of the institution are filled through the APIIT NAT Entrance Examination and another 50% seats are filled through JEE Main examination. The Haryana state counselling society will execute 50% of the total seats. The 50% of sate counselling seats include 15% of All India category seats. By qualifying this exam students can get admission into the 4-year term B.tech Programs offered under the Asian Pacific Institute of Information Technology. Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology also offers Scholarships for B.Tech Programs. Students can avail of this scholarship by securing a certain percentage of marks in the entrance examination. The Scholarship is provided in terms of concession in Tuition Fees.
|Percentage in Test
||Percentage in Test
|91% - 100%
||81% - 90%
|76% - 80%
||71% - 75%
|66% - 70%
||61% - 65%
|51% - 60%
||40% - 50%
|Date of APIIT NAT 2020 Exam
||Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology, Panipat
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)
||12th for UG Courses and Degree for PG Courses
|Mode of APIIT NAT 2020 Exam
|Duration of APIIT NAT 2020 Exam
||two and a half hours
||UG and PG
|Number of Seats
||Varies every year
APIIT NAT 2020 Schedule
The official schedule of APIIT NAT 2020 is released by the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology. The schedule contains the complete details of the important dates of application, examination, result, and counseling. It is very important for the students to check the complete schedule so that there would be no confusion in dates and avoid any kind of last-minute hassle. The official schedule of the exam is mentioned below:
||13 October 2019
||31 May 2020
|Admit card release
||1st week of June 2020
||1 - 7 June 2020
||2nd week of June 2020
APIIT NAT Admit Card
Candidates who applied through Offline will receive the Admit Card through Post 15 days prior to the exam. Candidates who have registered through the Online process can download the admit card from the official website from July 1st week 2020 onwards.
Steps to download the admit card Online:
- Go to the official website.
- Check for the admit card download link on the home page.
- Enter the application number.
- The admit card will be displayed.
- Download and take the printout of the admit card for future references.
Details Present in the APIIT NAT 2020 Admit Card:
APIIT NAT 2020 Syllabus
The test is based on the syllabus of class 12th with subjects comprising of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Syllabus for each section is:
||Basic concepts in Chemistry
||Statistics & Probability
||Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
|Work, Energy & Power
||Matrices and Determinants
||Permutations and Combinations
|Oscillations & Waves
||Sets, Relations & Functions
|Kinetic Theory of Gases
||s- block and p – block elements
|Laws of Motion
||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
||Binomial Theorem and its applications
||Sequences & Series
||States of matter
APIIT NAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the exam pattern thoroughly to prepare better for the exam. The details about the APIIT NAT 2020 Exam pattern is given below:
- Exam Mode: Online
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 300
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Marking scheme: +3 marks for every correct answer, -1 for each incorrect answer
- Type of Question: Multiple choice questions (MCQs)
|Physics, chemistry, and Mathematics
||2 hours 30 minutes
APIIT NAT 2020 Cut-off
The university will release the cut off details after the conduction of the exam and the cut off varies every year. Candidates will be selected on the basis of the cut off released, depending on which a merit list will be generated. The merit list will be used for the counseling and admission process. There are several factors affecting the APIIT NAT 2020 Cut-Off.
Category Wise Cut-Off:
Factors Affecting APIIT NAT 2020 Cut-Off:
APIIT NAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for APIIT NAT 2020 both Online or Offline mode. The detailed procedure is given below.
- Go to the official APIIT Website and check for the Application Link.
- Register using the name, email, and password, the confirmation link will be sent to the registered email.
- The application form is divided into user profile completion, application form verification, editing the details, fees Payment and submission
- Successfully complete each step
- Applicants will have to submit their name, parent’s details, preferred course, category, communication address, educational qualification, and work experience.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Submit the application form and proceed towards the payment option
- The application fee is Rs. 700 which can be paid through debit card, credit card, and net banking
- Collect the application form from the office by paying the application fee
- Fill all the necessary details
- Courrier it to the following address:
APIIT SD India,
Faridpur Road, GT Road,
Karnal Side, Near Toll Plaza,
Panipat – 132103
APIIT NAT 2020 Counselling:
Those applicants will be qualified in the examination; they will be shortlisted in the merit list for the counseling session. Applicants will get the notification of the merit list declaration through email. The email will contain details like the venue and time of the interview. Counseling letters will be provided to the candidates and they must have to carry the call letter at the counseling center along with required documents.
The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of choices filling and document verification. After seat allotment, applicants should have to pay the admission fee at the time of reporting at the institute.
Documents required during counseling:
- Counseling call letter
- Admit Card
- 10th and 12th Certificate
- Community Certificated issued by a recognized body
- Doctor authentication certificate for PWD candidates
- Recent Photograph
APIIT NAT 2020 Result
The result of APIIT NAT 2020 will be announced during the 2nd week of JULY 2020. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the examination.
Steps to Check the Result:
- Go to the official website.
- check for the result link and click on it.
- Enter the correct login details.
- The results will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print out for future use
APIIT NAT Merit List:
After the result of the APIIT NAT 2020 exam is out, the authorities will declare a merit list that will contain the manes of the qualified candidates who will be called for counselling process.
APIIT NAT 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of APIIT NAT 2020 will be released at their official website soon after the commencement of the exam. The answer key will contain all the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. Candidates can compare their answers to the answers in the answer key and get a brief prediction about their score.
Steps to Download Answer Key:
- Go to the official website of APIIT NAT
- Click on "APIIT NAT Answer Key 2020” link
- The answer key will appear on the screen
- Check the answers and download for future use
Details Present in the Answer Key:
- Name of the candidate
- Registration number
- Exam centre
- Test date
- Test time
- Right option/answer
APIIT NAT 2020 Eligibility
- Applicants should be qualified in 12th standard with a minimum passing percentage of 45% (42.5% for reserved category candidates)
- They should have studied Maths and Physics as Mandatory and Chemistry as compulsory and Computer Science as an optional subject.
- English is a mandatory subject.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- The candidate needs to pass his/her Diploma in Engineering/Technology course of a duration of 3 years or more from an AICTE approved Institution with at least 45% marks.
- SC/ST category candidate must have a minimum mark of 40%
- Candidates can have a B.Sc. degree of minimum duration of 3 years from a recognized university as defined by UGC, with 45% with mathematics as a subject are also eligible.
Q: Is there any negative marking in APIIT NAT?
A: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Q: How many times a year is APIIT NAT conducted?
A: The APIIT NAT is conducted once every year.
Q: How many seats are available through APIIT NAT?
A: 50% of the seat in APIIT is filled through the APIIT NAT score. Rest 50% seats are filled through JEE Main score.
Q: What are the total question and total marks of APIIT NAT?
A: Total Questions in APIIT NAT are 100 and the total mark is 300.
Q: Is there any relaxation in the application fee for reserved category candidates?
A: No, the application fee for all categories is the same i.e. Rs 700.
Q: What was the cut-off for APIIT NAT 2019?
A: The cut-off for APIIT NAT 2019 was 55% for general category and 45% for SC/ST category.
Q: What is the syllabus level for APIIT NAT 2020?
A: The syllabus for APIIT NAT consists of questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics all form the 12th class level.
Q: What is the question medium of APIIT NAT?
A: All the questions in APIIT NAT will be asked in the English medium.
Q: Is there any age limit to apply for APIIT NAT?
A: No, there is no such upper age bar to apply for APIIT NAT. However, the candidate must be 17 years or above and must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Q: What are the best books to prepare for APIIT NAT?
A: Best books for clearing APIIT NAT are:
- NCERT Physics
- Concept Of Physics by H.C Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnik Halliday
- NCERT Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd & Bhattacharjee
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur or by Peter Atkins
- NCERT Mathematics
- Problems of Calculus in One Variable by I.A Maron
- Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight