Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET 2020) is the state level entrance examination. It is managed by the Anna University, Chennai. It is conducted to offer admissions into M.E., M. Tech, MCA, M. Arch, M. Plan, and MBA courses. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into Anna University and other affiliated colleges of the universities of Tamil Nadu.
TANCET 2020 Registration started, Check Here
|Entrance Name||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Anna University of Chennai|
|Exam Level ||State Level|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.E, M.Plan|
TANCET 2020 Schedule:
|Starting of Online application ||1st week of April 2020 |
|Last date to apply online application||4th week of April 2020 |
|Issuing of Admit card ||May 2020 |
|Exam date |
In the month of May 2020
|Declaration of Results ||1st week of June 2020 |
|Counselling begins ||July 2020 |
TANCET 2020 Admit Card:
The admit card for TANCET 2020 will be released on the official website of Anna University. However, the admit cards will not be distributed by any other means like email or post.
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
How to Download TANCET 2020 Admit Card Online?
TANCET Syllabus 2020:
The syllabus provides a general idea regarding the examination curriculum. It not only tells the aspirant about the important subjects but also the important chapters and concepts from which the questions will be derived. The Syllabus of TANCET 2020 will be published with its examination brochure on the official website of Anna University Chennai. For the MCA course, the questions will be set from topics as Quantitative ability, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Computer awareness, Verbal ability, and Basic Sciences. For MBA, the syllabus will be prepared from Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning. For other courses, the questions will be asked to form their respective disciplines.
TANCET For M.B.A:
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Algebra||Bar Graph||Syllogisms and Puzzles|
|Idioms & Proverbs||Arithmetic||Line Graph||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the blanks ||Trigonometry||Histogram||Sequence & Series|
|Phrasal verb||Mensuration||Percentage based questions||Decision Making|
|Sentence corrections||Number System||Equivalence based questions||Binary Logic|
|Reading Comprehension||Probability & Statistics||Ratio based questions||Linear and Circular Arrangements|
|Vocabulary questions||Modern Mathematics||Analogies||Computer-based questions|
TANCET Syllabus for MCA
|Computer Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||Analytical and Logical Reasoning|
|Computer Hardware||Algebra||Linear and Circular Arrangements|
|Controls & Memory||Arithmetic||Binary Logic|
|History of Computer & Basic Terminology||Geometry||Coding Decoding|
|Internet & Protocols||Trigonometry||Sequence & Series|
|Network Basics & Shortcuts||Mensuration||Syllogisms and Puzzles|
|Computer Abbreviations & Computer Architecture||Number System||Blood Relations|
|Security Tools||Probability & Statistics||Direction Sense|
|Computer Organization & Input-Output tools||Modern Mathematics||Decision Making|
|Languages and Algorithms||TSD & TW||Analogies|
TANCET Syllabus for M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan
|Part 1: Engineering Mathematics||Part 2: Basic Engineering and Sciences||Part 3: Subject Related|
|Calculus||Physics||Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering|
|Transforms||Chemistry||Agriculture & Irrigation Engineering|
|Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration||Applied Mechanics||Architecture|
|Applied Probability||Material Science||Automobile Engineering|
|Determinants and Matrices||Mechanical Engineering||Bio-Medical Engineering|
|Vector Calculus||Civil Engineering||Biotechnology|
|Numerical Methods||Electrical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Differential Equations||Computers||Civil Engineering|
TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern:
The TANCET exam pattern will consist of the following given below:
|Duration of Exam||2 hours.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum 100 questions|
|Types of Questions||Objective type multiple choice questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be given( for correct answers )|
|Negative Marking||For each incorrect answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.|
Section-wise Question Distribution:
TANCET 2020 Cut Off:
The category and program wise TANCET Cutoff is published on the university website post exam result. The cut off marks will decide if an aspirant is eligible for admission or not. The result or rank list will be prepared on the cut off marks declared by the university.
Expected TANSET Cut-off 2020
Factors Affecting Cut-off:
TANCET 2020 Application Form:
1. Candidates can register themselves at TANCET Official Website before the registration window closes. TANCET 2020 Registration can only be done in online mode by following the below steps:
2. Visit the website of Anna University i.e. annauniv.edu/
3. Click on ‘TANCET 2020 Registration’
4. Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Password to generate id and password.
5. Re-login to fill TANCET Application Form.
6. Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph. Check the photo format size and other details.
7. Pay application fee as per category.
8. Post submission of the form, an application number will be auto-generated by the system.
TANCET 2020 Application Fee:
Candidates can apply for more than one course but in such cases, they have to pay for each added course. The payment can be made in a single demand draft for more than one program. The fee structure is summed up in the table below:
Name of the Category
|SC/SCA/ST(Candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)|
Fees Charged for more than one program
|SC/SCA/ST(Candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||Rs250/-|
TANCET 2020 Counseling:
Date of TANCET 2020 Counseling- July 2020
1. Candidates who are GATE qualified can participate directly in TANCET 2020. Others have to undergo a separate application procedure for TANCET Counseling. The counseling forms are available both online and offline.
2. Offline forms will have to be filled and sent via post to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, and Chennai”.
3. The online form will be available on Anna University’s website and the procedure will be exactly the same as that of the application form filling during the entrance.
4. Candidates must have acquired the minimum eligible marks category-wise to be a part of the counseling procedure:
a. General : 50%
b. BC/BCM/MBC & DNC/SC/ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu: 45%
Details of TANCET Counselling round:
The counselling process for TANCET 2020 will begin in mid-July days after the declaration of results. On the basis of their performance in the entrance test, candidates will be called for the counselling round which will take place in August last week.
Step 1: Online Registration
1. Candidates need to visit the official website
2. Click on ‘Register Online Application’ tab
3. Fill the mandatory fields marked in red
4. Select the type of course (MBA/MCA)
5. Provide your email ID and mobile number
6. The password will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number generated after registration
7. Candidates are required to provide valid TANCET 2020 hall ticket number and TANCET 2020 normalised marks in the application form
8. Candidates are also required to enter demand draft number, category, religion, educational qualification, etc.
9. Click on ‘Submit’ tab after entering all the details in the application.
10. Take a printout of the application form and address label.
Candidates need to enclose a demand draft of Rs 300 (unreserved categories) and Rs 150 (SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamil Nadu) drawn in favour of ‘The Secretary, TN MBA/MCA Admissions – 2020, Government College of Technology’ payable at Coimbatore.
Documents to be sent to the examination authority
After submitting TANCET counselling form, candidates need to send the printout of the application form, address label along with the relevant documents to the concerned authority. Candidates need to submit the self-attested copies of the following documents -
1. Printed online application
2. Marksheet of Class 12/ Diploma
3. Marksheets of all semesters/ years of qualifying degree examinations
4. Provisional/degree certificate
5. Permanent community certificate card for BC, BCM, MBC & DNC, ST, SC and SCA
6. Transfer Certificate
7. TANCET 2020 marksheet
8. TANCET 2020 hall ticket
9. District Medical Board Certificate (for Differently abled Candidates only)
10. Nativity Certificate only in electronic form / digitally signed e-certificate (If applicable)
11. Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate (If applicable)
The Secretary, TN MBA / MCA Admissions - 2020Government College of Technology, Coimbatore 641013
Step 2: Publishing of TANCET Rank List
The TANCET rank list is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the exam
The TANCET 2020 rank list will contain the ranks secured by candidates who have applied for TANCET counselling 2020
On the basis of candidates’ rank, they are called for the counseling round
Step 3: Downloading of Call Letter
1. Candidates will need to carry the call letter while appearing for TANCET 2020 counselling
2. To download the call letter, candidates need to visit the official website and login with their user ID and password.
3. The call letter carry candidates' name, registration number, counselling centre and city.
Step 4: Appearing in TANCET Counselling
1. During the counselling process, candidates will be asked to choose colleges and branches in the application form.
2. Seats will be allotted to candidates as per the vacancies in the colleges
3. Candidates will be allotted seats as per their rank in the merit list
4. Candidates need to secure their seat by paying the requisite admission fee
TANCET Counselling – Points to remember
1. The rank list will be published based on the ranks acquired by candidates
2. Candidates will be able to check the status of vacant seats of each participating institutes after every round of TANCET 2020 counselling
3. If candidates are not satisfied with the allotted colleges, he/she can attend the second and third round of TANCET counselling
4. Candidates absent in the first or second phase of counselling will not be allowed to attend the subsequent stages of TANCET counselling 2020
5. Colleges allotted in the last round of counselling will be considered as final
TANCET 2020 Result:
TANCET Result 2020 will be announced by Anna University on its official website. Candidates will be able to check their results and download their scorecard from the official website by logging in with their email ID and password. TANCET 2020 result will display a candidate’s score and rank. Qualified candidates will be further called for the counseling process where they will be offered admission to MBA, MCA, ME/ MTech/ M.Arch/ MPlan courses.
Steps to Download TANCET Result:
Details Mentioned in Scorecard:
1. Candidates name
2. Application number
5. Roll number
6. TANCET rank
7. Total marks
8. Normalized score
TANCET 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key for TANCET 2020 will be released by Anna University soon after the commencement of the exam. The students can evaluate their performance and result as per the answer key released by the exam conducting authorities. However, the answer key for TANCET has not been released in past years. In case of any changes, the details will be updated here soon.
Steps to Download Answer Key:
Steps to Challenge Answer Key
TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the TANCET 2020 are given below.
1. Candidates those appearing in the final year/semester of the qualifying exam during April/May 2020 are also eligible to apply.
2. Candidates of another state can apply but the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
3. Candidates with valid GATE score do not need to appear for TANCET 2020 exam.
4. Candidates those have a valid GATE score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), they have to appear for TANCET exam
For M. Tech/M. Arch/M.E./M. Plan:
1. Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the respective disciplines
2. Minimum Marks: One should qualify the qualifying degree with at least 50% aggregate (45% for the candidates belong to SC/ST categories).
3. GATE Score: Candidates those have valid GATE scorecard from 2017, 2018, 2019 can also apply.
1. Qualifying Exam: Candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum Marks: Must pass with 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examination.
1. Qualifying Exam: Must have the Bachelor’s degree with mathematics at 10+2 and graduation level.
2. Minimum Marks: Should secure at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates).
For MCA (Lateral Entry):
1. Qualifying Exam: Must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level. Minimum Marks: Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks SC/ST.
2. Qualifying Exam: Must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
3. Minimum Marks: Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks SC/ST.
TANCET Academic Eligibility:
1. Candidates who have completed/ are in their final year of Graduation can apply.
2. Masters in any discipline of science is also accepted.
3. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or possess a 10+3 years diploma certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible.
4. Candidates with a valid GATE Score with qualifying marks in relevant discipline of Engineering /Technology need not appear for TANCET.
5. Candidates, who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), have to appear for TANCET 2020.
TANCET 2020 FAQs:
Q. Can I apply for more than one program in TANCET?
A-Yes, you are allowed to do so. However, you must pay INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category candidates) for each program.
Q.I have a valid GATE Score. Do I need to appear for TANCET as well?
A- No, GATE qualifiers are exempted from appearing in TANCET. They just need to ply with the other eligibility conditions.
Q. Is there any stipend for TANCET?
A- Yes, only GATE qualified students are eligible for the stipend. There is no mention of TANCET for the same.
Q: What are the courses offered through TANCET 2020?
A: The offered courses are MBA, MCA, M.E., M.Tech, M.Arch, and M.Plan etc.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam will be conducted in pen & paper-based mode.
Q: What is the duration of the TANCET 2020 entrance exam?
A: The exam will be conducted for 2 hours.
Q: Who is the conducting body for TANCET 2020?
A: Anna University is the conducting body of TANCET 2020.
Q: What are the marking schemes for TANCET 2020?
A: 1 mark for each correct answer and -1/3 mark is subtracted for each wrong answer.
Q: How many colleges in Tamil Nadu accept TANCET scores?
A: Around 442 engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu use the TANCET scores for offering admissions to their postgraduate courses.
Q: What are the sectional details in TANCET 2020?
A: Following is the sectional details of the TANCET 2020 exam for the MBA course:
1. Verbal Ability: 20 questions
2. Data Interpretation: 20 questions
3. Mathematics: 20 questions
4. English Language: 20 questions
5. Analysis of Business Situations 20 questions