PDA College of Engineering (PDACE), Gulbarga was established in 1958. It is one of the premier institutes of Karnataka states. College is founded by the president of HKE Society, Shri Mahadevappa Rampure, who was a great visionary and a statesman of the state. College is affiliated to Visweswaraya Technological University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The college is accredited by National Board of Accreditation. College is one among the 14 colleges selected under TEQIP, sponsored by World Bank. The college was started with 50% central assistance and 50% state assistance, and a desire to impart quality technical education to this part of Karnataka State. College offers 11 undergraduate courses and 8 postgraduate courses. The college receives a grant in aid funds from state government. A number of projects have been approved by MHRD /AICTE, Govt. of India for modernization of laboratories. KSCST, Govt. of Karnataka is providing financial assistance regularly for the student's projects.