Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (TS PGLCET) will be conducted by any State University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad. It is conducted every year to offer admission to aspirants in LLM programs.
TS PGLCET Registration Process Starts, Apply Here
TS PGLCET 2020 Schedule:
The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) the conducting body has announced the full schedule for TS Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (PGLCET) 2020. The notification has been released after a meeting of the Common Entrance Test (CET) Committee was held on February 22, 2020. As per the notification, the online application process for PGLCET will begin from March 6 , 2020, onwards. The last date to submit completed application form without late fee is May 31st due situation arisen from Covid-19. Registration for TS PGLCET 2020 exam, which is conducted for admission to LLM courses in the state of Telangana, will commence on March 6 and close on May 15(without late fee). Candidates can check here the exam schedule for TS LAWCET and TS PGLCET 2020 in detail.
- TS PGLCET 2020 Registration without late fee extends up to May 31st, Apply Here
- TS PGLCET Registration Process Starts, Apply Here
|TS PGLCET 2020 application availability||6th March 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form without late fees||31st May 2020|
|Last date to fill the application with late fees of Rs. 500||To be updated|
|Last date to fill the application with late fees of Rs. 1000||To be updated|
|Last date to fill the application with late fees of Rs. 2000||To be updated|
|Last date to fill the application with late fees of Rs. 4000||To be updated|
|Application form correction||To be updated|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|TS LAWCET/PGLCET exam||To be updated|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be updated|
|Filing of objections against provisional key||To be updated|
|Declaration of result and release of final answer key||To be updated|
TS PGLCET 2020 Admit card:
Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) will release the admit card of TS PGLCET 2020 on May 21, 2020. TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Tickets will be issued only to those candidates who have submitted the application form successfully before the last date. The admit card or hall ticket for TS PGLCET2020 is an essential document without which no candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of TSCHE only. The candidates have to download the admit card by login using their credential i.e. registration number, date of birth and qualifying exam hall ticket number. Check here all about TS TS PGLCET 2020 hall ticket, how to download, details and instructions/guidelines printed on it.
Note: Candidates must note that the exam conducting authority, Osmania University, Hyderabad will not send the admit cards by post.
TS TS PGLCET Application form/registration Begins, Apply Here
TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket Dates
TSCHE has announced the exam date for TS LAWCET 2020 and the dates related to the admit card is as under:
|Release of notification for TS PGLCET 2020||25th February 2020|
|online applications for TS PGLCET 2020 Starts||6th March 2020|
|Last date of online application with late fee||20th May 2020|
|Issuing of TS PGLCET 2020 hall ticket||21st May 2020|
|TS PGLCET 2020 exam date||27th May 2020|
Highlights of TS PGLCET Admit Card:
- The candidates who successfully apply for TS PGLCET 2020 can download the admit card.
- The candidates can download the admit card by logging in to its official site by using their registration number and date of birth.
- The admit card consists of the name of the candidate, their hall number, roll number, address of the exam centre, date and timing of the exam with exam guidelines etc.
- Without the admit card, no candidate is allowed to the exam hall.
- The candidates should keep the admit card as it is also needed at the time of counselling.
How to Download the Admit Card of TS PGLCET:
Candidates can check below step-by-step process to download Admit Card:
To download the Hall Ticket, candidates need to enter the application number and date of birth. Steps to download the Hall Ticket are given below:-
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred to as TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket.
- Enter your login details, Application Number, and date of birth.
- Login and download the Hall Ticket for examination.
- Print the Hall Ticket on A4 sheet.
Details on TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket
The admit card is an important document because it mentions necessary information related to candidates and exam centre as under:
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph and signature of the candidate
- TS PGLCET Registration number of the candidate
- Exam Name, date and timings (exam time and reporting time)
- Allotted test centre name and location
- Instructions for the exam day
How to report discrepancies regarding the hall ticket?
In case, candidates find any discrepancy regarding details on the admits card, they can contact on the helpdesk as under:
Email ID - [email protected]
- If your name is misspelt in TS PGLCET Hall Ticket
- If your PwD/DA status is incorrect in the admit card
- If a different test city is allotted rather than the one filled during TS PGLCET Registration
- If your photograph is not visible on admit card
- If you are unable to download admit card despite successful registration
Instructions on TS PGLCET Admit Card 2020:
There are certain rules and regulations defined by Osmania University. The instructions are printed on the back of TS PGLCET Admit Card in English and Telugu. They are as follows:
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the test without the admit card of TS PGLCET
- A printout of TS PGLCET Admit Card should be taken out on an A4 size paper only.
- Candidate must not damage the information given on the e-Admit card of TS PGLCET 2020.
- Hall ticket of TS PGLCET is a non-transferable document. Any tampering of the document will automatically result in disqualification of candidature.
- Candidates should preserve the card until the time of counselling/admission.
- Read the instructions before starting the computer-based test
- TS PGLCET Question Paper will consist of a total of 120 Multiple Choice Questions. MCQs from 3 different sections (subject wise) with 4 responses will be given. Out of 4 responses, only 1 response is correct.
- Candidates are required to answer all the questions. All questions carry equal marks. There is no negative mark for an incorrect answer.
Materials allowed at the exam centre
- Photo ID Proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence)
- TS LAWCET Application form
- Black/ Blue ballpoint pen
Materials not allowed at the exam centre
- Cell Phones and the instruction sheet
TS PGLCET Exam Centers 2020
TS PGLCET 2020 will be organized at around 12 regional centres in the state of Telangana and 4 regional centres in Andhra Pradesh. Candidates have to fill their preference of exam centre during TS PGLCET application submission. However, it depends on the conducting authority to allocate the test centres to the candidates.
Note: While filling the application form, regional Centers will be displayed based on the availability and once it has reached the maximum capacity then the centre will not be displayed in the application form
Items Barred at TS PGLCET Exam Center
- Any electronic material such as a watch, microphone, Bluetooth, earphone, mobile, health band, calculator, pager and pieces/bits of paper, pencil box etc. is not allowed inside the exam hall.
- It is recommended to wear open footwear not closed shoes.
- Candidates are also advised not to put Mehendi or any cosmetic colour on their hands as it may cause an error while doing digital fingerprint scan recording on the exam day.
- They cannot sit for the exam unless they clear the fingerprint scanning.
Documents Required at the Exam Center:
- Candidates applying under reserved categories have to carry the original copy of their Caste/Disability certificate on the day of the exam.
- Those who have changed their names with the due procedure should also carry their respective document.
- Bring an original and Xerox copy of a valid photo ID proof along with TS PGLCET Admit Card.
Any of the following below mentioned documents will serve as an Identity proof to appear for TS PGLCET Exam:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
Things to Remember
- Hall Ticket/ Admit Card will be available at www.pglcet.tsche.ac.in.
- The document can be downloaded until the exam date.
- TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Date: May 27, 2020
- Carry a valid Photo ID Proof along with admit card to the exam centre.
- Any discrepancies in TS PGLCET Admit Card should be reported to TSCHE via [email protected] or 0870-2425595/ 2425596
- Make note that no admit card will be sent via post or another communication medium.
TS PGLCET 2020 Syllabus:
- Jurisprudence: Schools of Jurisprudence, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Ownership, and Possession, Sources of Law, Rights and duties, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability and Legal Sanctions.
- Constitutional Law: Fundamental Rights, Center-State Relations, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Emergency provisions and Amendments to the constitution.
- Public International Law: Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and Outer Space, Extradition, Asylum, Nationality and Statelessness, International law and Municipal Law, State Jurisdiction and United Nations
- Mercantile Law: General principles of contract (sections 1-75, Indian contract Act -1872)
- Labor Law: Trade Union Act 1926 and Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- Crimes and Torts: India Penal Code, Defences, Joint Liability, General Principles of Tort, General Principle and General Exceptions, State Liability for torts and Consumer Protection Act 1986
- IPR and Other Laws: Patents Act 1970, Copyright Act 1957, Human rights, The protection of human rights Act, 1993, Environmental Protection Act, 1986, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005
TS PGLCET Syllabus (PDF), Download Here
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern:
Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test 2020 will be conducted on May 25 next year. Before appearing for the exam, candidates should know the basic features of the exam such as subjects, type of questions, marking scheme and other details. Therefore, Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) releases TS PGLCET 2020 exam pattern mentioning all details of TS PGLCET exam pattern along with the notification. The PG law entrance exam will be conducted in a Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode at the designated test centres of TS PGLCET 2020. Candidates can check here all details about the test pattern of the TS PG law entrance exam.
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights:
- The TS PGLCET 2020 question paper is divided into 2 sections – Part A and Part B. Part A consist of a total of 40 Questions whereas Part B consists of 80 Questions.
- The Time Duration of the TS PGLCET 2020 is 90 Minutes.
- Total number of Questions asked in the TS PGLCET 2020 exam – 120
- Marks Rewarded for each correct answer will be +1
- Part A- Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law.
- Part B- Labor Law, Crimes and Torts, IPR and Other Laws.
Before knowing the detailed pattern check table below for key features of TS PGLCET question paper:
|Exam mode||Online mode/ Computer-based test mode|
|Test Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Total subjects||Total subjects|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice questions|
|Total Questions||120 Qs|
|Total Marks||120 Marks|
TS PGLCET 2020 Sectional-weightage
The five law subjects for the PG law entrance exam are divided as under:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Subject||No. of Question|
|Public International Law||16|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR & Other Laws||16|
TS PGLCET 2020 Marking Scheme:
TSCHE has mentioned the paper evaluation scheme as under:
- For each correct response, candidates will be awarded one mark.
- In case of wrong attempts, no negative marking will be done.
- However, no marks will be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
The marking scheme is the same for both parts of the question paper, therefore the marks allotment per section is as under:
|Section||Total No. of Marks|
|Total Marks||120 Marks|
TS PGLCET 2020 Cut off:
The candidates will get a chance to get admission into LLM courses offered in more than 10 law colleges and departments/ constituent colleges of the universities in Telangana state if they secure marks that is equal to or more than the decided cut off marks. The cut off mark also depends on the level of questions, the number of candidates participated in the exam, availability of seats and the previous year cut off too.
TS PGLCET 2020 Application form:
TSCHE has released the schedule of TS PGLCET 2020 on February 22. As per the date sheet, the application form of TS PGLCET 2020 has started on March 6, in online mode. The last date to submit the application is April 6, 2020, while the application form with late fees, can be submitted till May 20. The application form of TS PGLCET 2020 will be available in online mode on the official website only (link to be provided below). Candidates applying for TS PGLCET 2020 must check the eligibility criteria for LLM course as mentioned by TSCHE. The admit card of TS PGLCET 2020 will release on 21st May 2020. Osmania University will conduct TS PG Law Common Entrance Test (or TS PGLCET) 2020 on May 27 for admission to LLM courses offered by participating institutes.
TS PGLCET 2020 will be common for all LLM courses and conducted in the computer-based test (CBT) mode. The test paper will include 120 questions which have to be attempted in 90 minutes. TS PGLCET registered candidates will be issued non-transferable TS PGLCET 2020 hall tickets to appear in the entrance test. The result of the exam will be declared on June 10, which will be followed by counselling and seat allotment. To know more about TS PGLCET 2020, read the complete article.
TS PGLCET Registration Process Starts, Apply Here
TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form Details
TS TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form:
Application Form Availability: TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form is expected to be available on the TSCHE website from 6th March, 2020.
Application Form Last Date: TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form will tentatively be available until April 6, 2020 and May 20 with late fee Interested candidates can fill the Application Form before the last date.
Course and Exam Centre Selection: It is mandatory for the candidates to fill the desired course and the test centre while filling the TSpglcet 2020 Application Form online.
Available TS LAWCET 2020 programmes are as follows:
LLM (2 Years)
TS PGLCET 2020 Application fee: The application fee for TS PGLCET 2020 is INR 1000 for general category candidates and INR 800 for SC/ST category candidates
Payment Mode: Candidates will have the option to pay TS PGECET 2020 Application Form fees via online or via offline.
Online Payment: Candidate who are interested to pay the fee online, can pay using payment gateway through net banking, debit card or credit card.
Offline Payment: To make a payment offline candidates have to visit nearest TS /AP Online Centres. On successful payment, a receipt of the registration fee payment containing a Transaction Id will be provided.
Mistakes Rectification: Candidates should note that there will not be an opportunity to make any correction to the application form after the final submission. Correction can be made only while filling the form before the final submission.
Information to be provided: Candidates will have to provide information on their family income, caste, previous qualifications, payment details, Date of Birth, local/non-local status etc.
Documents to be Uploaded: Candidates need to upload the scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG form while filling the application form.
Confirmation: Upon completing and submitting the TS PGLCET 2020 application form, an email will be sent to the candidate with a copy of the filled-in TS PGLCET application form.
Take a Printout: Candidates must download and preserve a printout of the same, for future reference. Candidates must also keep their registration number along with the admit card handy, which they may need until the counselling and admission procedures are completed.
Note: There is no need to send TS PGLCET 2020 application form with other documents by post to Osmania University or TSCHE.
Important Instructions to fill up the Application form of TS PGLCET 2020
Mandatory Details: Candidates have to keep the following information ready by their side while filling the TS PGLCET 2020 application form:
- Hall ticket number of qualifying exam
- Birth State, Birth District and Date of Birth.
- Hall ticket number or certificate of SSC or equivalent exam
- Local status certificate (OU/AU/SVU/ Non-local) issued by the competent authority.
- Aadhar Card Number
- Income of Parents
Fill Particulars Carefully: Candidates who wish to apply for TS PGLCET 2020 are requested to fill the particulars carefully in the online application. The required information should be collected from the relevant documents as mentioned above.
Check the Filled Particulars: Candidates are requested to check the filled in particulars before pressing SUBMIT button during the online application. If the candidate wishes to change, he/she can change selecting the ' EDIT ' button. After verifying, submit the online application.
Corrections: Before submission of the online application, if any corrections are to be incorporated, the candidate can log in to the website with his details and modify the information.
If the candidate wants to change the information after submission which is not allowed on the website, the candidate has to submit their complaint selecting the "Submit Complaint" in Help Desk provided on the Home Page.
It should be noted that information candidates wish to edit will be changed only if provided documentary evidence is satisfactory. Hence, candidates are requested to fill the application form very carefully for the first time itself.
TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form Details
- Details of the Qualifying Examination Appeared or Passed
- Hall ticket Number of the Qualifying Examination
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- TS LAWCET 2020 Hall Ticket Number of SSC or Equivalent Examination Certificate
- Local Status (TS(OU)/Residuary A.P(AU/SVU)/Non-Local)
- Income of Parent
- Special Category
Upload photograph: Candidates need to upload the photograph (size < 30KB) and signature (size < 15KB) as per the provided specifications after filling the details in the application form.
Make Payment: On completion of the above-mentioned steps, proceed to make payment of the Registration Fee.
Registration Number: On submitting the application form, a Registration Number will be sent to the mail ID or SMS.
Take a printout: Take a print out of the copy of the application form and preserve it carefully for future references
How to apply in LAWCET Application Form?
Steps to Apply
Candidates can check below step-by-step process of TS LAWCET 2020 online registrations:
Candidates can check below detailed step-by-step process of TS LAWCET 2020 online registrations
Step 1: Online Registration
Before candidates can fill the application form of TS LAWCET, they need to pay the registration fee in online mode using:
- Net Banking (SBI Bank/ HDFC Bank)
- Net Banking (Others)
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- TS Online
To pay the application fee, candidates need to click the “Application Fee Payment” button in the registration window and submit the details as under:
- Candidate's name (as per D.O.B or SSC certificate)
- Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket Number
- Enter Date of Birth (as mentioned in SSC or Equivalent Certificate)
- Enter Mobile Number
- Enter Alternate Mobile Number
- Provide a valid Email ID
- Select Category (OC/BC_A/ BC_B/ BC_C/ BC_D/ BC_E/ SC/ ST)
- Select Payment Type (Net Banking (SBI/ HDFC)/ Net Banking (Others)/ Credit Card/Debit Card
Once the details are filled, candidates need to click the “Proceed to Payment” button present on the bottom of the page and make the payment through debit/ credit card.
Important: Keep the following details after fee payment for future references
Payment reference number
Step 2: Filling up the Application Form
Candidates need to click on the "Proceed to Fill Application Form" button and fill details required such as academic qualification details, exam centre selection, uploading documents etc.
|Details required||Details to be filled|
Date of Birth
|Qualifying exam details||
Year of passing Class 12th
Hall ticket number of the qualifying exam
Class 12th or Degree marks secured
School, College and University details like name and place
|Entrance exam details||Select exam appearing for i.e. PGLCET|
|Upload documents||Upload photo and signature as per the specifications|
|Exam centre selection||Select the nearest test centre location from the list|
|Select category||Select the category from - OC/ BC-A/ BC-B/ BC-C/ BC-D/ BC-E/ SC/ ST/ NCC/ CAP/ Sports|
|Domicile status||Select local area status from - TS OU/ Residuary AP (AU/ SUV)/ Non-Local|
|Select minority status||Choose between Minority or Non-Minority status|
|Address details||Enter the complete address with area pin code|
|SSC or Class 10th equivalent details||
Mention SSC details as under:
SSC board name,
Hall ticket number,
Month and Year of passing the exam,
Place of study
|Physically challenged candidate details||Select the type of physical challenge - visual handicapped/ hearing impaired/ ortho handicapped (if applicable)|
|Class 12th details||
Mention details for Class 12th qualifying exam as under:
Inter board name,
Hall ticket number,
Month and year of passing the exam,
Place of study
|Family Income details||Mention the annual income of parents/ household|
Step 3: Application Form Submission
Candidates have to submit their application form as under:
- Click on the checkbox for ‘I accept the Terms & Conditions’ at the bottom of the application window
- Click on ‘Submit’ and a preview of the filled-in application form will appear on the screen
- Complete the application submission process and download the application form
- Also, get at least two printouts of the submitted application form
TS PGLCET 2020 Application Correction Window
- After the application form has been submitted, TSCHE will open application correction window for candidates so that they can edit/ correct details in the application form.
- To correct/ edit the application form, candidates have to log in using Payment Reference ID, Mobile Number and Date of Birth.
- Once, the application correction window is over, candidates will not be able to change/ correct their application form.
Specifications of the documents:
- Photograph: Less than 30 KB in.jpeg format
- Signature: Less than 15 KB in .jpeg format
TS PGLCET 2020 Counselling:
After the release of the result, qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling session with required documents in July 2020. The allotment of the seats will be done according to the merits and no of applicants in the entrance test. The process of counselling is expected to be held in June. The document verification, confirmation of application will be held after date is announced.
TS PGLCET 2020 Result:
- The result of TS PGLCET 2020 will be released by Osmania University on June 2020 in the official website i.e. lawcet.tsche.ac.in
- The result will be released in the form of a bank card.
- Through this exam, around 15000 seats will be offered to the qualified candidates.
- The name of the qualified candidates take place in the merit list and they can appear in the counselling process.
The process to download the TS PGLCET 2020 Rank card/Result card-
- Go to the official website that is lawcet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on ‘Download Rank Card’ link.
- Enter the number of your hall ticket
- Check the result and rank
- Download and take a print out of the rank card for future use in the counselling process
TS PGLCET 2020 Answer Key:
- Students can access the answer key after the release from the official website.
- They can evaluate their answers as per the answer key and expect a probable mark and rank in the entrance test.
- The answer key of TS PGECET 2020 is expected to be released in last week of May 2020 by the authority.
- Students can get a rough idea about their performance in the exam before the declaration of the result.
TS PGLCET 2020 Eligibility:
- Candidate must belong to India
- The candidate is required to belong to the state of Telangana and also satisfy local / non-local status which is laid down in the state of Telangana Educational institutions or 1974 as per the amendment
- The aspirant must satisfy the Local as well as non-local status needs according to the TS GO MS No 25 & 108.
- Candidate must hold an LL.B / B.L 3/5 year degree while filling the application form. Those who have already appeared and those who are appearing for LL.B / B.L Final year examination can also appear in the examination
- Those who are seeking admission to the LL.M (Private Appearance) of Osmania University, Hyderabad, must have obtained minimum experience of at least 3-years as the judicial officer or 3-years for standing as an advocate on the appearing date of PGLCET exam.
Q: Can a Foreign candidate can apply for TS PGLCET 2020?
A: No the exam can be attended by only the candidates with Indian Nationality.
Q: What is the time duration for TS PGLCET 2020?
A: The time duration for TS PGLCET 2020 is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Q: How many colleges accept TS PGLCET score?
A: Around 21 colleges accept TS PGLCET score in Telangana.
Q: What is the total mark in TS PGLCET 2020?
A: The total mark in TS PGLCET 2020 is 120.
Q: What is the marking scheme in TS PGLCET 2020?
A: +1 mark for each correct answer and there is no negative mark in TS PGLCET 2020.
Q: What is the sectional-weightage in TS PGLCET 2020?
A: Here are the details:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part-B||Public International Law||16|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR & Other Laws||16|
Q: Who conducts TS PGLCET 2020?
A: The TS PGLCET 2020 is conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad.
Q: What are the test centres in Andhra Pradesh?
A: There are 4 regional centres in Andhra Pradesh and they are Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, & Kurnool.