Kerala Law Entrance Exam (KLEE) is a state-level university examination conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) Thiruvananthapuram every year, to offer admission into 3-year LLB program, 2-year L.L.M and 5-year integrated LLB course in various universities/colleges/institutions across Kerala.
KLEE 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Kerala Law Entrance Exam|
|Conducting body||Commissioner of Entrance Examinations|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||LLB ( 2 Hrs) & LLM (3 Hrs)|
KLEE 2020 schedule:
It is very important for the students to check the official schedule so as to avoid any confusion in dates. The students can check table given below or the official website for the latest schedule of KLEE (Kerala Law Entrance Exam) 2020. The schedule consists of the important dates of registration opening and closing, exam, result declaration, counselling, etc. If there is any change in the schedule then, the conducting authority of the exam, Commissioner of Entrance Examinations will notify it on the official website, the same will also be notified here.
|Date of Application Form Commencement||1st week of June 2020|
|Last date of submission of application form||3rd week of June 2020|
|Date of issue of Admit Card||4th week of June 2020|
|Date of exam KLEE 2020||1st week of July 2020|
|Date of KLEE 2020 Results||2nd week of July 2020|
KLEE 2019 Admit Card:
The admit card of the KLEE entrance exam will be available in online mode. The admit card will be available for those students who have successfully registered themselves for the entrance test and are eligible for the exam.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of KLEE
- Under the 'Announcement' section find and click on 'Admit Card/ Hall Ticket for KLEE
- Enter your application number in the given box and click the submit button
- Check the admit card shown on the screen and download a copy for use
Details Mentioned in Admit Card:
KLEE 2020 Syllabus:
|General English||General Knowledge||Aptitude for Legal Studies|
Word Usage, Vocabulary
Major developments in the areas of sports
geopolitics and important environmental agreements
Awards and Honours.
Law of Torts
Law of Crimes
Contracts and Constitutional Law
Intellectual Property Rights
Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity.
KLEE LLM- Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Law of Crimes, Law of Contracts, Public International Law, Administrative Law, Law of Property, Company Law, Interpretation of statutes, Law of Tort.
KLEE 2020 Exam Pattern:
KLEE is conducted in offline mode. A total of 200 MCQs are asked LLB 3 and 5 years course, whereas there are two papers in the KLEE LLM entrance exam consisting of a total of100 questions each. Each answer carries 3 marks and there is deduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer. The question paper for LLB 3 and 5 years is divided into 3 sections- General Knowledge, General English, and Aptitude for Legal Studies.
KLEE 2020 Exam Pattern Analysis
Exam Mode – KLEE 2020 will be conducted in offline mode for both 3-year LLB and 5 years – integrated LLB.
Exam Centers – The entrance exams will be conducted at various locations in as many as 4 cities of Kerala including Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulum, Thrissur and Kozhikode.
Exam Duration – The time allotted for attempting test paper of KLEE 2020 is 3 hours’.
Number of Questions – The total number of questions in KLEE 2020 is 200.
Types of Questions – The questions of KLEE 2020 will be of objective type having 4 to 5 choices as response of possible right answer.
Total Marks – The total marks allotted for KLEE 2020 is 600.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part A||General Knowledge||65||195|
|Part B||General English||65||195|
|Part C||Aptitude for Legal Studies.||70||210|
KLEE 2020 Marking Scheme
- For each correct answer 3 marks shall be allotted
- 1 mark for each question shall be deducted in case of wrong answer
- For no response cases, marks shall not be deducted
- In case of more than 2 response, it will be considered as wrong answer and negative marking shall be done.
KLEE 2020 Cut Off:
KLEE Cut off 2020 - Centre for entrance examinations, Thiruvananthapuram will release the KLEE 2020 cut off, tentatively in the third-fourth week of July 2020, for both 3 - year LLB and 5-year LLB programmes. The cut off of KLEE 2020 will be released after each round of KLEE counselling. KLEE cut off 2020 will be the last rank or minimum marks that will be considered for admissions. The conducting body releases KLEE 2020 cut off in the form of last rank details, which will be downloadable from the links given below in this page. Candidates should note that there are 4 government colleges and some other self-financing institutes that will give admission on the basis of KLEE 2020 and the conducting body will release the cut-offs of KLEE 2020 on behalf of all these colleges. Read below to know more about KLEE cut off 2020 and other admission related information.
Kerala Law Entrance Exam is conducted for admissions for three-year LLB and five-year LLB programmes offered by the participating colleges. KLEE 2020 cut off shortlists the candidates for provisional admission.
Steps to download KLEE cut off 2020:
the Centre of Entrance Examination, Kerala will publish a composite KLEE 2020 cut off list containing the names of all participating colleges and the category wise last rank details. Candidates will have to download the cut off of KLEE 2020 by following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of Kerala Law Entrance Test.
- Select your course (3-year LLB/5-year LLB)
- Click on ‘Last Rank’ as given with the relevant phase allotment details.
- Download KLEE cut off 2020
The KLEE cut-off 2020 will open in PDF format containing the details of category-wise last rank details for all participating colleges.
|Year||5 Year LLB||3 Year LLB|
|2020||Will be updated here once released by the authorities.||Will be updated here once released by the authorities.|
|2019||Download Cutoff||Download Cut Off|
Factors affecting KLEE 2020 cut off
Being the last rank for admissions, KLEE cut off 2020 will be affected by several factors and candidates must be aware of these factors. Some important factors that will affect the cut-offs of KLEE 2020 are mentioned below.
- Number of candidates appearing for the Kerala Law Entrance Exam.
- Number of seats available for admissions; at present, there are 4 govt law colleges that will be offering around 400 seats in 3-year LLB and 325 seats in 5-year LLB courses. Apart from govt law colleges, some private law colleges will also release KLEE cut off 2020 list.
- Level of difficulty, as a relatively tough paper, means the cut off will be lower.
- Performance of the candidate in KLEE 2020.
KLEE cut-off 2020 - Important points to note
- The cutoff of KLEE 2020 will be released in multiple rounds; last year it was released in two phases.
- Centre for entrance examinations, Kerala releases KLEE cut off 2020 on behalf of all the participating institutes.
- The KLEE 2020 cutoff will be released as last rank details and will be released after each round of KLEE counselling.
Candidates coming getting higher marks/better rank than the last rank will be considered for admissions.
KLEE 2020 Application fee:
The application fee for General/SEBC students is Rs 600, whereas it is Rs 300 for SC/ST candidates. To register and online payment for KLEE 2019 candidates need to log onto the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
Steps to fill KLEE Application Form:
The application form of KLEE 2020 can be filled as under:Step 1: Online Registration
- Candidates need to register online for KLEE exam for admission in three-years LLB and 5 years integrated LLB course
- To register themselves, they need to provide their email ID and create a password which contains eight characters that include one alphabet, one numerical number as well as one symbol
- After this, click on 'Register for KLEE' to complete registration
- Candidates will be provided with an application number and password as login credentials.
Step 2: Filling up the application form
Next, candidates need to login on the official website of CEE Kerala by entering the application number provided to them as well as filling the password created by them in the previous step. Thereafter, candidates need to provide their educational, personal and contact details. Candidates also need to upload scanned documents as under:
Step 3: Uploading Documents
|Photograph||JPEG||10kb to 30 Kb||150*200 Pixels|
|Signature||JPEG||Upto 30 Kb||150*200 Pixels|
1- Nativity proof
2- Community certificate (in case of SC/ST candidates)
3- Non-creamy layer certificate
4- Inter-caste marriage certificate
5- Age proof certificate (Class 10 certificate/Birth Certificate/Passport)
6- Certificate from the medical board (for Persons with Disabilities)
|not more than 300 kb|
Step 4: Fee payment
Candidates can pay the application fee for KLEE 2020 in an online mode using Netbanking/Credit Card/Debit Card) or in an offline mode using E-challan and paying at the authorised bank. The application fee for each category is as under:
Step 5: Form submission
- The candidates have to ensure that the application fee payment has been successfully updated before they submit the application form.
- They can submit the application form in online mode only.
- Candidates are advised to keep printout copies of the submitted application form after they have submitted it.
- They need not send the hardcopy of the application form to the official address of CEE Kerala.
KLEEE 2020 Counseling:
Once KLEE results are declared, candidates need to take part in the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) conducted by CEE, Kerala for admission in LLB 3 year and LLB 5-year programs.
Centralized Allotment Process for KLEE LLB 3 year Course
Candidates whose name feature in the KLEE rank list for LLB 3 year course admissions need to register their options on the official website of CEE, Kerala. Thereafter, candidates need to navigate to the ‘Three Year LLB 2020 - Candidate Portal’ link, enter their application number and password and finally register their options by clicking on the ‘Option Registration’ link. The official website of KLEE LLB 3 year admissions informs: “Candidates who fail to register their options online will not be considered for allotment under any circumstances. Options submitted to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations by Fax/Post/Hand delivery will not be processed or considered on any account for the allotment of seats”.
KLEE LLB 5 Year: List of Colleges included in CAP
|College Code||Name of College( GOVT of law college)||Course Name||Total Seats|
|TVL||Govt. Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||BA LLB||80|
|EKL||Govt. Law College, Ernakulam||BCom LLB||80|
|TCL||Govt. Law College, Thrissur||BBA LLB||80|
|KCL||Govt. Law College, Kozhikode||BBA LLB||80|
KLEE LLB 5 Year List of Colleges included in CAP:
|College Code||Name of College( GOVT of law college)||Course Name||Total Seats|
|ATL||Al Azhar Law College, Thodupuzha, Idukki||BA LLB||60|
|AIL||Ambookan Ittup Memorial (AIM) College Of Law, Poyya P.O., Thrissur||BA LLB ( Hons)||60|
|BAL||Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva East, Chunangamveli, Ernakulam||
|BRL||Bhavans Na Palkhivala Academy for Advanced Legal Studies & Research||BA LLB ( Hons)||60|
|CEL||CSI College For Legal Studies, Ettumanoor, Kottayam||
BCom LLB (Hons)
|CPL||CSI Institute Of Legal Studies, Cheruvarakonam, Trivandrum||
|CTL||Co-Operative School of Law, Thodupuzha, Idukki||
BCom LLB (Hons)
|KML||KMCT Law College, Malappuram||BBA LLB||100|
|GNL||Mar Gregorios College Of Law, Nalanchira, Trivandrum||
|MKL||Markaz Law College, Karanthur, Kozhikode||BBA LLB||60|
|MCL||MCT College of Legal Studies, Melmuri, Malappuram||BBA LLB||50|
|MZL||Mount Zion Law College, Elakolloor, Konni, Pathanamthitta||BCom LLB (Hons)||60|
|NCL||Nehru Academy of Law, Lakkidi, Palakkad||BBA LLB||60|
|NKL||NSS Law College, Kottiyam, Kollam||BA LLB||60|
|SKL||Sree Narayana Guru College of Legal Studies, Kollam||
|SEL||Sree Narayana Law College, Poothotta, Ernakulam||
|PKL||The Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||BCom LLB||60|
|KEL||V R Krishnan Ezhuthachan Law College, Palakkad||BBA LLB (Hons)||60|
Important Counselling Documents KLEE LLB 5 year Course
- Candidate’s Data Sheet
- Allotment memo issued by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- SSLC or any relevant school records/birth certificate/passport/other valid documents to prove the date of birth in the original.
- Original Mark list and Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
- Two copies of recent passport size photographs.
- The applicant who is employed or trainee in Government/Quasi-Government/Banks etc. shall, at the time of the interview, produce a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the Institution where the candidate was employed.
- Candidate who passed their qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the state shall produce an “Eligibility Certificate” from the concerned university in Kerala, to the effect that the qualifying examination has been recognized by the University.
- The student who qualifies from other Universities should produce a migration certificate at the time of admission.
- Originals of all the uploaded documents/certificates (to prove nativity /reservation/fee concession).
- Any other certificates/documents required to be furnished as per the prospectus/notifications/allotment memo.
KLEE 2020 Result:
The result of KLEE will be released on 1st week of March in 2020 for LLM, 2nd week of August for LLB and 2nd week of July for BA LLB on the official website of KLEE. Those who have appeared in the exam can check their scores by logging in to the official website with the credential given to them during the registration. They can also check their result on the Result window
Steps to Check KLEE 2019 Result for LLB 3 years Entrance ExamStep 1: Visit the official website of CEE, Kerala
Step 2: Click on ‘LLB 3 year’ link (on the left-hand side column)
Step 3: Click on ‘LLB (3 years) 2019’ link
Step 4: Navigate to ‘KLEE Result Published’ header
Step 5: Click on ‘Candidate Portal’
Step 6: Enter application number and password
Step 7: Click on ‘Login’ button
Step 8: View KLEE 2019 result for LLB 3 year course admissions
Step 9: Save KLEE result
When KLEE result for LLB 3 year course admissions is declared, CEE Kerala also releases a notification that contains the name of KLEE topper as well as the schedule for the subsequent admission process. Candidates are also provided with an opportunity to go through KLEE rank lists. The rank lists contain the name, roll number, score and rank of candidates in KLEE entrance exam for admission in LLB 3 year programme.
Steps to Check KLEE 2019 Result for LLB 5 years Entrance Exam
Step 1: Visit the official website of CEE, Kerala
Step 2: Click on ‘LLB 5 year’ link (on the left-hand side column)
Step 3: Click on ‘LLB (5 years) 2020 link
Step 4: Click on ‘View Result’ link
Step 5: View KLEE result for LLB 5 year course admissions
Along with KLEE results for LLB 5 year course admissions, CEE Kerala also releases a notification that contains the name of KLEE topper as well as the schedule for the subsequent admission process.
KLEE 2020 Answer Key:
KLEE 2020 Answer Key will be released within 48 hours of conducting the exam by the authorities of CEE, Kerala. Applicants can estimate a rough score by cross-examining their answers with the key. It will help them to know if they are eligible for further rounds of admission.
Follow the steps given below to download the answer Key:
- Log on to the official CEE website
- Look for the option of LLB 5 year. Candidates will see the option of answer keys under the heading Answer Keys Published. Click on the link provided.
- Choose the appropriate set of answer key.
- Download it and cross-check the answers to estimate a rough score.
In case an aspirant finds a discrepancy/ inconsistency or error in the question paper or answer key, they can register their complaints within 5 days of uploading the answer key.
Complaints regarding the answer keys should be forwarded to the CEE, Kerala along with documents that support their claim. They must pay a fee of INR 100 per question via a DD drawn in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram, by post or hand delivery so as to reach the office within the stipulated time. The concerned department will make corrections if necessary after checking the accuracy of the registered complaints. If the complaints are genuine, the fee will be refunded. The contact details are mentioned below:
KLEE 2020 Merit List
KLEE 2020 Merit List will be published on the official website in the third week of July 2020. This list will have the final result of applicants in order of ranks obtained by them. The governing body will also publish category-wise rank lists. It will publish SEBC/ SC/ST Reservation, Special Reservation and Person with Disability category list.
To qualify and thereby feature in the rank list for admission to the Integrated Five Year LLB Course, a General category aspirant should get a minimum of 10% of total marks in the Entrance Examination and an applicant belonging to SC/ ST category should get a minimum of 5%.
- For resolving ties that may arise between 2 or more students, the following criteria in descending order will be used:
- The aspirant who secures higher marks in the section Aptitude for Legal.
KLEE 2020 Eligibility:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 from any recognized university/institution with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
- SEBC candidates should have passed their 10+2 with a minimum of 42% aggregate marks.
- SC/ST students should have passed their 10+2 with an aggregate of 40% marks from any recognized university/institution.
- Applicants should have a domicile certificate of Kerala.
- Candidates should be of minimum 17 years age, but there is no maximum age limit.
Three eligibility parameters for appearing in entrance exam have been issued by CEE –
Only candidates with valid proof of Indian citizenship can appear for exam
- Candidates should have cleared Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or any equivalent examination recognized by Universities in Kerala
- Candidates who have cleared 10+2 level from any school recognized by central of state government’s educational authority or equivalent educational qualifications as deemed by Bar Council of India
- Candidates possessing Higher Secondary pass certificate or first-degree certificate from distance learning or correspondenc
- However, CEE does not allow such candidates to appear for exam who have cleared 10+2, graduation or post-graduation directly through open universities, with no fundamental qualification to prosecute such studies
- Candidates who are either appearing or have already appeared (result awaited) for qualifying exam can also apply. However, admission will be subject to securing required marks in qualifying examination
- Candidates belonging to General category and SEBC category must obtain a minimum of 45% and 42% marks respectively, in qualifying exam, while minimum marks for candidates from SC and ST categories are 40%
- Minimum age of candidate as on December 31, 2020, should be 17 years
- Maximum age is still to be decided by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India
- In case age restriction, as per clause 28 of Legal Education Rules, 2008 of Bar Council of India is re-established, then candidates with specific age limit will be permitted to apply for exam
Q: Who is the conducting body of the exam KLEE?
A: Commissioner of Entrance Examination is the conducting body of the exam.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam is conducted in online mode.
Q: What are the courses offered for the exam?
A: The courses offered are the 3 year LLB and 5 year LLB course.
Q: How many exam centers are there for the offered courses?
A: The 5 year law program will be held in 24 centers and the 3 year law program will be held in 11 canters.
Q: In how many shifts the exam will be carried out?
A: The 5 year program will be carried out in 2 shifts that are forenoon and afternoon in the allotted 24 centers while the 3 year program will be conducted in forenoon session only in the allotted 11 centers.
Q: What is the duration of the exam?
A: The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Q: What is the eligibility for the 3 year law program?
A: The candidate must required a Senior Secondary Exam with a minimum of 45% aggregate (42% for SEBC, 40% for SC/ ST).
Q: What is the eligibility for the 5 year law program?
A: The candidate must required a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 45% aggregate (42% for SEBC, 40% for SC/ ST).
Q: What are the required documents?
A: Here are the required documents-
- Nativity Proof
- Certificates obtained from TAHSILDAR for SC/ST community verification.
- Non-Creamy layer certificate in the case of SEBC/OEC.
- Inter-Caste Marriage Certificate for candidates who are children of inter-caste married couples with one parent as ST/ST.
- Age Proof
- Special reservation certificate if applicable
- Attested copy of the certificate from the medical board for a person with disabilities.
- Any other documents mentioned in the notification of the Entrance Examination.
Q: What is the application fee for KLEE?
A: The application fee for General/SEBC is 600 and for SC/ST it is 300.
Q: Which are the exam centers for KLEE?
A: These are the exam centers-
Q: What is the process to download the admit card for KLEE?
A: Here is the process to download the admit card for KLEE-
- Log onto the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination - cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the KLEE 2019 Admit Card Link.
- Fill in the details such as Application Number, Date of Birth, etc. and click on SUBMIT.
- After submitting the details, the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download and save it for future use.
Q: Is there any negative marking for KLEE exam?
A: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer and each question consists of 3 marks.
Q: What are the best books for KLEE?
A: Following are the best books for KLEE-
- A Guide to Critical Legal Studies by Mark Kelman
- Guide to LLB Entrance Examination 21st Edition by Universal’s
- The Ultimate Guide to the LLB Entrance Examination by M A Rashid and Nisa Fasil
- Universal’s Practice Test Papers LLB Entrance Exam (3 years) by Mehta Gaurav